- How to organize a Greek-style wedding
- Room decoration in the Greek style photo
- Greek style wedding script
- The image of the bride and groom
- Celebration Video
Greece has long attracted romantic natures with the smells of a clean sea, where the water is so clear that you can always see the bottom, bright, warm summer sun, leaving an even tan, light cuisine. Many couples have a desire to go there to have a great wedding. A Greek-style wedding is a budget alternative for dreamers who are attracted by the treasures of ancient Greece, such an event will remain in the hearts of those present for a long time.
How to organize a Greek-style wedding
Greece is at a considerable distance from Russia, its culture is formed by a long rich history, but without looking at the great difference in cultures, many wedding customs have something in common with Russians. In order for the Greek-style wedding to succeed, you need to competently approach the organization, study the features of the event, and consider a unique scenario for the upcoming celebration. To organize a wedding you need:
- Celebrate in the summer. Summer time is best for celebrating the Greek style of the wedding - this will allow guests with future spouses to put on light dresses to fully immerse themselves in the festive atmosphere of Greece. The warm spring months are also suitable, if they do not promise heavy rains, the first months of autumn before the onset of cold weather. When planning to celebrate your wedding in winter, consider choosing the right restaurant or hotel..
- Choose a venue. To create an atmosphere, future spouses should choose a place near the water, it is better if it is the sea coast. Another option is a celebration by the river or the organization of a large-scale banquet on the territory of the ship. If your city does not have a suitable place, find a square near the fountain or look for a restaurant with Greek cuisine, decorated with a colonnade, marble statues.
- Invite guests. Invitation cards for guests of the event should, with their appearance, communicate the theme and style of the wedding. A good solution would be invitation scrolls tied with an elegant ribbon. To make the scrolls look like ancient Greek, you can specifically «grow old» paper for invitations. Postcards need to be sent to guests in advance if future spouses are planning a thematic wedding with a dress code.
- Set a dress code. You should not ask all guests to put on Greek dresses and men's tunics - this will only distract attention from the main characters of the holiday. It is better for invited girls to wear dresses of pastel shades in the floor or above the knees, for men - light suits. Green is worth avoiding and its shades, which the Greeks consider to be mournful.
- Think over the wedding menu. A Greek-style wedding features a simple menu selection. Greek cuisine is diverse, rich in vegetables, fruits, seafood and meat. Traditionally, flavored bread with spices (rosemary, basil, saffron, mint) is baked for the wedding - this treat is akin to a Russian wedding loaf. An obligatory dish on the table will be Greek salad.
From the appetizers, the newlyweds can arrange for the guests a bowl with delicious olives, feta cheese, seafood - small dishes with these ingredients are called «meze», they are usually served with alcohol. A good decoration of the table is dolma, which is an analogue of cabbage rolls familiar to us, where grape is used instead of cabbage leaf. Souvlaki can become the second main course - pork skewers on wooden skewers, served with lemon and bread.
When choosing alcohol, give preference to light semi-sweet wines, citrus liqueurs. Of strong drinks in Greece, ouzo, which resembles absinthe, is served..
- Order an unusual wedding procession. To fully support the theme of the celebration in the Greek style, future spouses can order an unusual transport - the Greek chariot. If the narrowed ones do not find such a motorcade, an ordinary white carriage decorated with white flowers will do. For the winter version, an ideal solution would be a white car decorated with ribbons with Greek ornaments.
- Agree on a thematic photo shoot. In order for the photo and video of the holiday to please the participants for a long time with unusual props, bright details, colorful costumes, you need to find a photographer in advance who will help organize thematic photography.
Room decoration in the Greek style photo
A Greek-style wedding does not require the elaborate decoration of the hall for celebration. Pay attention to the colors. If the event is celebrated indoors, remind guests of the theme of the wedding with a pale blue, white and blue gamut - the colors of the clean Ionian Sea. Golden Greek ornaments, pastel lemon-yellow palette will evoke associations with warm sand, the gentle southern sun. White colors will look beautiful in combination with any soft shades.
A Greek wedding does not need contrasting accents, the main decoration will be natural details. For example, choosing a room with a colonnade, future spouses can order an artificial vine - this element of decor will fit perfectly into the interior. Lush branches of olive and laurel will become a suitable decoration. On the territory of the banquet hall, white flowers that are present in the bride’s bouquet will look good.
Beautiful elegant amphoras, fruit trays and bowls, wine cups, clay dishes with snacks will be suitable details for creating a Greek style at the wedding. It is good if the hall is decorated with imitations of Greek sculptures and statues. Gorgeous details of the decor for the wedding - light, flowing fabrics, trembling even from a light gust of breeze.
If the wedding is celebrated on the seashore, floral motifs, in addition to beautiful views, will themselves become a sufficient decoration. For a beach wedding, it is better to use only one color for the decor - white.
Greek style wedding script
A traditional Greek wedding takes place on a large scale and lasts for three whole days - from Saturday to Monday. During the first celebration, the heroes of the occasion gather with their family for dinner to celebrate a joyful event. The second day is dedicated to the official ceremony of marriage and wedding. The third day is an incendiary party with dances, songs, which will be the final stage of the wedding. The main part of the event falls on the second day of the celebration.
Traditions and features of the Greek wedding:
- Buyout. The Greeks, as in Russia, decided to conduct a ransom. Make a presentation prepared by the girlfriends in the style of myths of Ancient Greece. For example, let the main heroine of the holiday be the daughter of Zeus, whom he does not want to marry without preliminary tests for the groom.
- Outside registration. To fully experience the festive atmosphere, future spouses should organize an exit ceremony. Beautiful nature, picturesque landscape and fresh air - a great option for a Greek style wedding.
- Noisy ride. When young people go to the ceremony, and also return from it, the motorcade creates a loud symphony of beeps.
- Coronation. During the wedding, the newlyweds are crowned with a traditional Greek headdress, and after the wedding, the crowns are usually removed. However, often newly-made spouses leave this decoration for themselves, and the whole next day they are honored as a king and queen.
- Wedding. Before the wedding, an interesting ceremony is held: the culprits of the celebration should go to church territory on foot, along the way they will meet people who want a happy family life. The more people met on the path of future spouses - the stronger the marriage will be.
- Broken dish. By tradition, the newlyweds must break the plate at the banquet so that the marriage is successful.
- Musical accompaniment. An ideal option for the Greek style of the event would be an invitation to a musical group performing instrumental music. Preference should be given to teams in which harpists, flutists, and guitarists participate. Another tradition of celebration is associated with them: when performing in musicians, they throw money so that the young live comfortably.
- Leading. Ancient Greek gods, for example, Athena and Helios, can play the role of host. Professional organizers will be able to think through a fun Greek script with contests for men (Heracles) and for women (Aphrodite).
- Dancing. Newly made husband and wife will be the first to dance at the wedding. During the dance, a beautiful Greek ceremony is held - guests gather around the newlyweds and lead a round dance.
- Gifts to guests. It is imperative to prepare bonbonnieres for guests - not one party to the celebration should leave with anything. Sweets, nuts, dried fruits are suitable as a small presentation..
The image of the bride and groom
The groom and the bride are the embodiment of lightness, elegance, romanticism. Light outfits and light natural fabrics make the image of such a couple unforgettable. To perfectly match each other, future spouses can order wreaths of field herbs that will be worn throughout the wedding.
Traditionally, the color for the dress of the Greek bride is white. Girls can also look at models of sand, beige, pale pink shades, but they must be pastel. There is nothing to think about a suitable style: the Greek style of dresses looks gentle, elegant and suits any type of figures. Flowing fabrics will hide the flaws of full girls, and the unique silhouette of the Empire style will add a few desirable centimeters of growth to low brides.
Other components of the image of the bride
The bride’s dress is only part of the look. He will become holistic with the right selection of veils, hairstyles, makeup, bouquet and shoes. Here are some suggestions:
- Bridal veils Greek brides choose a lemon, pale blue or light pink shade - it is believed that the color decoration will protect the narrowed from evil spirits.
- It will be easy for the future wife to pick up a Greek hairstyle. Loose curls with fresh flowers in the hair, high elaborate hairstyles, stylish weaving with accessories from pearl threads - all this will suit the image.
- Makeup is best done in the style of new or emphasize the eyes by drawing neat black arrows.
- For a bouquet, the bride can use any white flowers or other delicate shades..
- Ideal shoes are elegant, lightweight low-heeled sandals.
To make the image of the Greek groom easy, reminiscent of warm days, give preference to natural fabrics that do not crumple. The future spouse will look good in a neat suit of beige, gray, cream or any other pastel shade. To fully match the image, the Greek groom can wear a tunic.
An original Greek-style wedding is an event that will leave an unforgettable impression on everyone present. An unusual ransom, a beautiful ceremony, a magnificent banquet with unique Greek cuisine, theme games, contests and a fabulous photo shoot - all this awaits the participants of the Greek wedding celebration. Make sure by watching the video below.