- How to organize a wedding in Russian folk style
- Room decoration in Russian style photo
- Scenario wedding in Russian style
- Winter wedding scenario
- Process video
In recent years, weddings made in themed style have been very popular among young couples. This type of event allows you to create a truly unique atmosphere of celebration, to reflect the tastes and preferences of future spouses. Many grooms with brides in search of inspiration turn to folk culture, because a Russian-style wedding is a magnificent event that for centuries has formed interesting rites, customs and traditions that will not leave anyone indifferent.
How to organize a wedding in Russian folk style
Before organizing a wedding, future spouses should study the history and deal with the stages that made up the triumph of past centuries. Previously, a couple was looking for a young man by their parents, often an agreement on the upcoming marriage was made while the culprits of the Russian celebration were still young children. After the future wife was chosen, the matchmakers were sent to the girl's family: those in the best form represented the family and the groom himself, brought gifts.
Matchmaking was a real holiday in both families, they carefully prepared for it. Despite the fact that often the parents of the bride were located to the future spouse, the first time sent to matchmakers have always been refused. For the second or even third time, the messengers received consent, if the head of the bride's family had no doubts.
In the modern world, there is almost no matchmaking ceremony, because young people themselves choose partners, but the heroes of the occasion can have a fun matchmaking performance before the wedding, where close relatives and guests will be invited - this will be an excellent preparatory stage for the upcoming holiday. After the matchmaking in ancient times, a conspiracy took place in Russia, where they discussed the date of the wedding, the size of the dowry, stipulated the costs, and after that they all looked forward to the event.
Bachelorette party and stag parties were also held earlier, only a day before the long-awaited wedding. The bride and her friends went to the bathhouse, then went home to the girl: at night they wondered, lamented the bride's future life, in order to ward off evil forces. The man, on the contrary, went to wash in complete solitude, and until the very day of the wedding he was ordered to remain silent. Girlfriends and friends of the heroes of the occasion can organize a bachelorette party in a beautiful Russian style before the wedding.
What you need to do to organize an event in the Russian style:
- Choose a venue. An ideal place to celebrate a Russian wedding in the summer is a picturesque lawn by the river or lake, surrounded by a pine forest or birch grove - fresh air and beautiful views will appeal to those present. An alternative to such a holiday arrangement can be to eat a camp site or a country estate, whose architecture is made in the traditional Russian style. It’s good if there will be a tree in the interior.
For the winter version of the celebration, the hall of a specialized restaurant will be a great place, because many banquet halls are not only stylized as Russian architecture, but also provide a suitable menu. If you could not find such a restaurant, you should find a place with an interior that uses a lot of natural details - it will be easier to decorate.
- Send out invitation cards to guests. Invitations should immediately give an understanding of the style of the upcoming Russian holiday, because this is the first thing that guests will see. It can be simple rectangular cards, decorated with classic folk ornaments, invitation cards in the form of nesting dolls, bears, twigs of viburnum and other things associated with Russian culture. For writing text, a traditional Old Russian font style is suitable.
An excellent solution would be to order a courier who will dress in Russian style and will present wedding invitations to each guest personally. If you are planning a dress code, be sure to indicate this in the text so that guests have time to prepare.
- Think over a dress code. As for the dress code, perhaps the culprits of the Russian celebration will have to take care of it on their own, so that the guests do not puzzle over the search for suitable costumes. Surely in any city there is a folk cultural center or even a circle with folk dances, where you can rent sundresses for women, shirts with harem pants for men. Call the guests to find out which one will need help finding the right clothing style..
- Make a holiday menu. When choosing a menu, there is even nothing to think about - it will be Russian cuisine. Traditionally, during the celebration of the Russian wedding, the table is bursting with all kinds of delicious dishes - this is fragrant borsch, hot fish ear, meat, fish pies, pies with different fillings, snacks: pickles, pickled mushrooms, chopped herring. This is only a small part of the national dishes of Russian cuisine, which will be a wonderful decoration of the banquet table.
For a truly royal event, the culprits of the Russian celebration can order a baked pig or goose. The cake can be a multi-tiered cake decorated with details of the Russian folk style, or a chic pie with fruit or berry fillings - choose at your discretion.
- Alcohol. Drinks for the wedding should also be chosen according to the Russian style of the holiday - it will be vodka in bottles with national ornaments, delicious home-made mead, aromatic wine, herbal tinctures, berry drinks.
- Order a wedding procession. There is nothing better for a Russian wedding than renting an old folk motorcade - a horse-drawn cart. Your appearance will surely be appreciated by the guests. If you can’t remove the wagon, decorate the white car with ribbons with Russian ornaments and wildflowers..
- Order the services of a photographer and videographer. Be sure to hire a professional photographer who will not only take high-quality pictures, but will also find the right place for the photo shoot, with the requisite for her, and ordering operator services will help create a unique video. Good photos and videos from the holiday will be an unforgettable gift both for the culprits of the Russian celebration and for guests who will be happy to review them.
In the process of preparing for the Russian wedding, you should take care of creating the style of the bride and groom - this can be a daunting task. For the image of the bride you will need a Russian national wedding suit traditionally red, complemented by a beautiful embroidered blouse, stylish kokoshnik. If the girl does not want to immediately put on this robe, during registration and wedding the future spouse can wear a classic white dress.
There is also an option to combine a traditional costume with a white outfit: for example, order a wedding dress in Russian style with embroidered folk patterns, Gzhel ornaments, decorate a classic dress with flowers, and make a kokoshnik light, giving it modernity. As for the hairstyle, everything is simple - all kinds of braids and weaving come to the aid of the future Russian wife, which have long been considered the main decoration of the national beauty.
The bride’s makeup can be bright if the girl prefers to wear a red Russian sundress. Rosy cheeks, bright scarlet lips, long fluffy eyelashes will give beauty to the Russian image, but shadows and arrows should be avoided. Creating a bouquet of the culprit of the Russian celebration, it will turn out to show imagination: use wildflowers, add branches of mountain ash, birch and even bright red apples.
It is easier to create a masculine image: a young man can put on comfortable trousers, a shirt embroidered with Russian patterns, complement the image with a vest, a wide belt and soft boots. If the bride chose a white dress, only slightly decorated with elements of the Russian style, the embroidered shirt can become the main detail of the image.
Room decoration in Russian style photo
When a venue for a Russian wedding has been chosen, it is time to create a room decoration style. Be sure to stick to a certain palette of colors - these are bright red, white and black colors, they must be present in all the details of the wedding decor, combining with each other. White should become the background color so as not to overload those present with an abundance of bright details, and black with red will become an accent.
These colors may not be solid, used in classic folk ornaments at the Russian holiday. For example, embroidered patterned tablecloths, napkins with embroidered flowers or knitted napkins are ideal as table decorations. Traditional wedding towels will be a wonderful decoration of the walls; they can be hung over icons and paintings with beautiful Russian landscapes and views.
The tables themselves at the wedding should be long structures, on which many national dishes of Russian cuisine are presented, and long wooden benches will complement such tables. To decorate them, like the whole surrounding space of a Russian-style wedding, it will turn out to be living plants - birch branches, wheat branches growing in the fields, mountain ash, viburnum, dried bouquets of flowers, if the wedding is celebrated in winter.
The main decor of the banquet table should be Russian wooden or ceramic dishes with beautiful paintings, as well as iron cups and bowls, creating a special wedding atmosphere, complementing the style of the holiday. The main decoration of the table will be a huge samovar, where guests will boil water for herbal or black tea.
Attention should also be paid to details that create an entourage of the Russian style of wedding: these will be swans, which have long symbolized a strong connection between future Russian spouses. It will come out to decorate the premises with nesting dolls (at the same time it will turn out to be used as boutonniere boxes for guests with small presents), lucky horseshoes, sweet males, it is possible to use the motives of Russian folk tales.
Scenario wedding in Russian style
Everyone knows the traditional scenario of the Russian style of wedding. Here are the main stages of the holiday:
- Redemption of the bride. Early in the morning, the groom arrives at his lover's house, where the girlfriends have already prepared an interesting ransom according to the Russian style of the wedding. The ransom may include fun tasks, contests designed to have the future spouse show his worth and love for the bride. Merry ditties, folk Russian songs will complement the contests..
- Wedding. When the ransom is over, the young go to the second stage of the Russian wedding - a wedding lasting about an hour.
- Registration. Then the bride and groom must register the marriage with the official authority: well, if you can arrange an exit registration during the Russian wedding, after which the newly-married spouses will immediately go to the photo shoot.
- Photoshoot in the Russian style. A professional photographer will arrange for the couple an hour and a half wedding photo session so that the guests and heroes of the occasion will have magnificent production photos from the Russian holiday.
- Celebratory banquet. At the last stage of the Russian wedding, the bride and groom meet with the guests, after which a magnificent wedding banquet takes place. At a banquet, parents meet young people with a loaf, then comes the turn of entertainment - round dances, songs, dances, ditties.
The ideal solution for a celebration in a folk style is to order the services of a host-host, who will create a script according to the style of the wedding, and think out interesting contests. Well, if the host has already participated in folk events more than once, knows Russian rites, traditions that will please guests. You should also hire musicians - they will play live Russian folk music at the wedding.
Winter wedding scenario
If you celebrate your wedding in winter, the scenario will be the same, except that on-site registration is not a good idea, it can be cold at a photo shoot, and the banquet will be celebrated indoors. But the winter nature perfectly reflects the style of the Russian wedding. White fluffy snow around, a colorful winter photo session in cozy fur coats, shawls, hats, and then a fun banquet in a warm restaurant with delicious Russian cuisine will create a unique wedding atmosphere.
A wedding in the Russian folk style is a fun, vibrant event that will leave positive emotions for both the heroes of the occasion and the guests of the holiday. Funny folk songs, national Russian costumes, customs, ceremonies, interesting contests, delicious cuisine will become part of an unforgettable event, memories of which will long please the wedding participants.