- Functions of a Wedding Bolero
- Which bolero to a wedding dress is better to choose?
- Features of choosing a bolero for full brides
- Photo of beautiful bolero for a wedding dress
In the upcoming season, the bolero will be an indispensable detail of the bride’s outfit. It gained its relevance after the wedding of Kate Middleton, who on the day of the wedding was dressed in a dress with a lace top. Then thousands of girls wanted to adopt the celebrity style and acquire a wedding bolero. Therefore, many fashion designers began to offer future brides various variations of such an accessory..
Functions of a Wedding Bolero
The bolero is a shortened jacket that covers only the arms, shoulders and part of the back (usually it does not reach below the shoulder blades). Moreover, the neckline remains open. But modern models can be made in different ways. Fashion designers sometimes sew non-classical products that expose the shoulders and arms or cover the chest and neck. A wedding bolero is not only a fashionable attribute of a bride, but also a practical, beautiful thing. What is the use of this accessory?
- Bolero saves in cool weather. Even if the wedding is held in the summer, there is a chance of heavy rain. The bride must protect herself from unpredictable weather conditions. A shortened jacket will not be able to warm you sufficiently, but with it you will be much more comfortable.
- The bride should wear a bolero for the official part of the wedding, which will take place in the registry office or church. So the girl will create a more strict and modest image.
- With the help of this accessory it is possible to hide the flaws of the figure. For example, if nature awarded the bride with broad shoulders, visually making them will already help the bolero. So the silhouette of the girl will look more symmetrical. However, you should not choose a model decorated with lace and ruffles - this will create the opposite effect and the shoulders will seem even wider..
- You can wear it after the wedding. Lacy, satin or fur, it will be in perfect harmony with other things of the same color scheme..
Which bolero to a wedding dress is better to choose?
The fashion accessory is universal, so it will be perfectly combined with both a magnificent and direct wedding dress. However, it looks best if it is sewn from the same fabric as the outfit itself. The second option - the bolero and dress should be the same color or have similar decorative elements. Before buying, you should pay attention to such fundamentally important points:
- Neckline dresses. The bride should not complement her image with a jacket if her dress has a V-shaped neckline. The accessory looks best with a wedding dress on thin straps or without them at all.
- Dress color. Please note that the colors of the jacket and dress should be the same. You can play in contrast, but you should choose shades so that a bouquet and shoes are combined with them.
- Decor If the dress is decorated with beads or sequins, then the bolero must be selected «lung», free from such elements. Otherwise, if the bride’s dress is modest, you can wear a luxurious accessory generously decorated with jewelry.
- Features of the figure of the bride. It is necessary to select a bolero taking into account the constitution of the girl’s body. Owners of a slender figure can wear any model, but lush ladies are advised to give preference to jackets with a loose long sleeve.
- Season and weather. For a summer wedding, a bolero made of silk, lace, organza will be an excellent option. In cool weather, you should opt for models made of dense fabrics, such as satin. In winter, a fur cape made of natural or artificial material will be an ideal solution..
- Relevance. When planning a wedding ceremony, consider whether your outfit will fit the place (church, registry office). Since it is not accepted to enter the church with bare shoulders, and for the registry office more restrained outfits are appropriate, choose the appropriate wedding bolero.
Short Sleeve Lace
The choice of a wedding bolero to a greater extent depends on what style the bride's dress is made in. If this is a classic outfit, pay attention to the model of taffeta and lace. A boho-chic dress or a sleek narrow robe can be complemented perfectly with a lace jacket. As a decor, it can be beads, sequins or even buttonholes. And, conversely, for a richly decorated outfit, a modest one is more suitable, without frills in the form of embroidery or rhinestones.
Fur with long sleeves
Wedding fur boleros are usually worn in autumn or spring. It goes well with classic dresses. The image of the bride who prefers such a combination will be both elegant and sexy. If the bolero has a long sleeve, then you should refrain from any jewelry, except for a large necklace or earrings. If possible, it is better to choose natural fur of high quality. Then the bride will be able to wear the accessory for a long time after the wedding ceremony.
A stylish model will never lose its relevance and popularity. This thing has a concise and simple cut, so it can be decorated with any decorative elements: artificial flower, bugles, rhinestones. The atlas is perfectly combined with guipure. If the wedding dress is made of this material, a satin bolero will be a good solution.
Features of choosing a bolero for full brides
A universal accessory suits absolutely any bride. However, it is especially popular among brides with magnificent forms. If you need to hide your full arms or broad shoulders, then complementing the image in the form of a bolero with a long sleeve will be the perfect solution. With this detail, the bride will feel comfortable even in a bold open bustier dress.
If your choice fell on a wedding dress with an open top, with the help of a bolero you can hide your shoulders and visually narrow your figure. However, narrow sleeves must be avoided, otherwise you will achieve the exact opposite effect, and the flaws will be emphasized. It is advisable to stay on the model with flared or loose sleeves. Choose the size correctly, because the tight bolero over-fits the figure, focusing on its shortcomings.
Photo of beautiful bolero for a wedding dress
It’s not in vain that wedding fashion designers have chosen a bolero as a favorite of fashion catwalks, this universal thing suits girls with any type of figure. A skinny properly stitched jacket can visually make larger, emphasizing the line of the chest. For full girls, a bolero helps to hide broad shoulders and voluminous arms. An important plus of this wedding accessory - it goes well with almost any outfit.