- Things to consider when creating a menu at home?
- How to calculate the number of products per 40 people?
- Sample menu for a wedding party
- Recipes of wedding dishes with photos
Preparation for the most solemn day in the life of a couple requires a lot of effort, dedication, time. In addition to the hundreds of little things that future spouses have to consider, the main points of the celebration of the wedding day are in question: where will the event be held, how many guests will come, how much money should be invested in decorating the hall, ordering dishes for a magnificent banquet? A separate item of the organization of the holiday is the wedding menu. For everyone to like it, the heroes of the occasion will have to seriously approach the issue of selecting holiday food.
Things to consider when creating a menu at home?
A wedding banquet is always a real feast. If you are not ready to celebrate an event in a restaurant, want to have a home wedding with your nearest and dearest, there are several practical recommendations for organizing a meal, creating a gala menu:
- All the time while guests are at the wedding event, the table, as a rule, breaks with all kinds of dishes - delicious snacks, hearty hot dishes, salads. The ideal option is when the cooked culinary masterpieces are constantly replaced during the celebration, during breaks for dancing, communication, a competitive program. So that wedding dishes do not bore guests, calculate the approximate duration of the banquet, distribute the take-out and change of dishes in time: then, even with a small number of recipes, a sense of diversity will be created.
- Surely all the hardships of preparing dishes from the menu will fall on the shoulders of the mother of the bride or groom, and it is possible that both of them, so the hostess of the house needs to start planning the cooking time in advance. Some items from the wedding list of dishes are best done in advance, or at least carry out preparatory work. For example, the day before the event, you can marinate the meat, cut the sausage, cheese, prepare sandwich spreads. Semi-prepared ingredients are best stored in the refrigerator under a transparent plastic wrap..
- The meat requires increased attention, so it is unlikely that the parents of the newlyweds will want to spend the wedding day on stewing, frying or baking it. Home cooks can cook meat dishes on the evening eve of the banquet, make cue ball or stew the roast, and before the guests arrive, the prepared menu items will be enough to warm up and pour some delicious creamy / tomato / spicy sauce - you will feel like a freshly prepared meal. On how to make a menu, watch the video:
- We should also think about the theme of the wedding celebration. If the newlyweds have chosen a certain style of celebration, decorated the room, prepared the appropriate outfits, then the menu should reflect the theme of the wedding. For a wedding in a marine style it will be logical to cook a lot of fish dishes and snacks, light meat dishes, Mediterranean salads. If this is a Hawaiian event, the island-themed menu items should decorate the wedding table: chicken with pineapple, coconut shrimp, fish salad, banana mango cocktail.
- An important tip before preparing for a wedding banquet: if you have never tried a dish that you want to serve, it is better to make several trial attempts. Perhaps preparing such a wedding meal will be much more difficult than described in the recipe, and it will also be possible to adequately calculate the amount of time spent. It may happen that the combination of ingredients will taste unpleasant: you can change the proportions, replace one product from the menu with another, or completely abandon the recipe.
Number of invited people
The number of people who are invited to celebrate a wedding event is one of the main points that affects the number of products, their variety, and the frequency of food changes. If no more than ten of the closest people are invited to the table, it is clear that the relatives of the young or the bride and groom themselves are aware of the tastes of the guests, so preparing a wedding day menu will be much easier. It is quite another matter if a banquet involves a large number of guests - from twenty and above. We’ll have to think about choosing holiday dishes that will please everyone..
The correct calculation of alcohol and the number of dishes
A wedding is a holiday that implies a big party dedicated to the unity of two families. Alcohol at a wedding event pours river, and the menu includes so many items that guests have their eyes widen. However, it will not be enough to cook just a lot of food according to recipes that you liked at the culinary forums - the purchase of products undergoes a clear calculation of the amount of alcohol, drinks, and edible products. What they drink at the celebration:
- Champagne. This drink is usually poured at the registry office, as well as during the first toast, when guests meet young people at a banquet. Then those present move on to other alcoholic drinks. The required number of bottles - 1-2 for ten people.
- Wine. Alcohol of medium strength, which is preferred during the holiday by girls, women. It is better to take 2 dry red, dry white, one semi-sweet. About 4-5 bottles for ten people.
- Strong high-degree drinks - vodka, cognac and others at will. These types of alcohol are usually given to men. Given that the wedding banquet will stretch for six hours or more, it will take about 3-4 bottles of spirits for ten people.
Calculation of alcoholic beverages is carried out independently, taking into account the tastes of the guests. Some invitees can drink a little alcohol, while others, on the contrary, can drink and not get drunk all wedding day, so as a result, the amount of alcoholic drinks is selected individually. How to calculate the number of snacks, salads, main dishes in grams at the exit (10 people), subject to a long banquet:
- Cold fish snacks, total - half a kilogram of salted salmon and cold smoked fish, 200 grams of sprats and sardines, canned with butter, a kilo of aspic.
- Salads and cold vegetables for the menu. About 1200 grams of meat salad, per kilogram of pickled tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, 300 grams of green peas.
- Meat cold appetizers. Half a kilo of pork roll, 700 grams of jellied tongue.
- Bread snacks, butter. About 200 grams of butter for ten, twenty pies with bacon (2 each), 800 grams of rye bread, 400 grams of wheat.
- Hot meals. Sample menu: kilogram of fried goose, 400 grams of baked apples and sweet stewed cabbage, 800 grams of roast beef, 400 grams of mashed potatoes, baked or in their skins.
- Dessert. For 10 people, you need about 1-2 kilograms of cake, a kilogram of fruit, 200 grams of sweets, half a kilogram of cookies.
- Soft drinks. 3 liters of mineral slightly carbonated water, 2-3 liters of sweet sparkling water, 3-4 liters of juice.
Serving dishes during a wedding banquet has clear rules. So that everything went well, the guests were satisfied, and fresh new dishes were constantly pleasing to the eye, follow the regular sequence of serving snacks, hot dishes, desserts. How to serve wedding day menu items - from the first course to the last:
- When guests just sit down at the table, they should expect antipasti from the menu - these are, as a rule, spicy salted and smoked fish, pickled products (tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms).
- This is followed by the positions of the wedding buffet, such as all kinds of hearty salads, canned or pickled fish oil, stuffed pike, crucians, etc..
- Natural meat dishes: sausage slices, boiled tongue with mayonnaise, boiled pork roll, roast beef, pies. When the snacks become much thinner, the owners can shift the leftovers into one or two dishes and make the first hot dish of the holiday menu.
- After the first main course following the appetizers, take a break. If a second meal is not provided, a short pause should take place immediately after fish, vegetable, meat snacks and salads.
- When the guests are already full, and the wedding feast comes to an end, the time for making the dessert comes. Before the sweet, one more break is made, while guests relax in another room. The owners take away dirty dishes, cutlery, leftover food, replacing them with dessert dishes. A cake appears on the table first, the newlyweds cut the dish, then they serve candies with fruits. Those who wish are treated to tea, coffee.
How to calculate the number of products per 40 people?
The calculation of dishes for 10 people was presented above. To get the approximate amount of necessary products, indicators of wedding snacks, hot desserts, multiply by 4. It turns out: fish snacks will need about 7 kg; salads, pickled vegetables - 10 kg; meat snacks - about 5 kg; bread and flour products - up to 6 kg; hot dishes with side dishes - about 12 kg; cake, fruit, sweets, etc. - up to 13 kg.
Sample menu for a wedding party
Selection of wedding dishes is a troublesome task, ready-made lists of dishes will help with this. Which wedding menu items will be appropriate for cold appetizers: olives, olives, pickled tomatoes, mushrooms, Greek salad, chicken salad, sliced sausage, roll, salted fish, stuffed fish, a dish with cold seafood. The first hot dish: baked chicken + jacket potatoes. The second is hot: rice and chalagach. As a dessert wedding dish - a multi-tiered cake, sweets, fruits.
The second option of the home wedding table menu
What is suitable for wedding cold appetizers: fish rolls with cream cheese, ham, smoked fish, meat pies, small sandwiches with several types of spreads, meat salad, seafood salad, salad «Winter» with pickled vegetables. The first hot wedding dish: chicken cue baked with cheese and pineapple, garnished with mashed potatoes. The second hot dish: pork fried steaks + rice. Homemade cupcakes, sweets, fruits can be served for a wedding dessert..
Recipes of wedding dishes with photos
Choosing between a home wedding celebration and ordering dishes in a cafe, many are not in vain preferring a family holiday, because delicious recipes will be prepared from the best ingredients with the loving hands of close relatives or friends. Below are some interesting recipes for wedding dishes that will fit perfectly into the solemn menu:
- Summer snack «Fish rolls». What will be needed for 7-8 portioned dishes: two fresh cucumbers without skin, 200 grams of slightly salted salmon, «Philadelphia» or other cream cheese. How to cook: put the fish on the table, grease with cream cheese, backing away from the edge by 0.5 centimeters, put a cucumber bar in the middle, as in the photo. Wrap the roll, cut into pieces. The summer wedding dish is ready!
- Hawaiian salad. For this wedding meal (the output is more than a kilogram) you will need: chicken fillet 600-700 grams, 300 grams of hard cheese to taste, a can of pickled pineapples in its own juice. To prepare the dish, it is necessary to boil the fillet, chop finely, cut the cheese into cubes or small strips, and cut the pineapples into small pieces. Mix everything, add mayonnaise, pineapple marinade - that's the wedding snack is ready. If desired, the dish can be seasoned with corn, crackers, green salad.
- Baked chicken with mustard. This wedding dish requires the following components: one chicken, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon. Cut into four parts, the lemon is pushed inside the chicken, then the skin is sewn up with thread or tightly fastened with toothpicks, rub the bird with seasonings on top, anoint with mustard. Bake for an hour and a half at a temperature of 180 degrees. For a garnish, an ordinary mashed potato is suitable for a wedding hot dish.
- Pork fried with cheese is a good option for the main course. What is needed for 7-8 cues: 700 grams of fillet, 100 grams of grated cheese and crackers, two eggs, salt, pepper, vegetable oil. How to cook a wedding meal: cut pork into layers (1 cm thick), mix breadcrumbs with cheese, beat eggs with seasonings. Soak a piece of meat in eggs, then roll in breadcrumbs with cheese. On a slow fire, prepare the wedding dish on readiness - about seven minutes on each side. The dish can be served with rice, potatoes.
- Wedding dessert - homemade sweets. For the dish you will need: a form for sweets, 150 grams of milk chocolate, condensed milk, nuts. Melt the chocolate with a water bath, pour the molds, turning them so that the chocolate covers the walls, send to freeze for half an hour. Then, for a wedding dessert, put condensed milk, nuts in the candy, fill the molds, melt another chocolate, pour on top, removing the excess. The dish is put in the freezer for five hours. Wedding meal is ready!
- An interesting wedding treat is cherry oranges. It will be needed for the dish: five oranges, cherry compote (half a liter), 100 grams of sugar, 25 grams of gelatin, 150 ml of pure water. Soak gelatin, leave for an hour, cut the fruit in half, remove the pulp from the peel. Pour the compote into a saucepan, add sugar, bring to a boil, then add the gelatin-water mixture, boil again and immediately remove from the stove. After cooling the liquid, pour it into a peeled peel, leave it in the refrigerator for seven hours. A simple wedding platter will not leave guests indifferent.
It’s a difficult task to think through the wedding menu on your own, and then without the help of others to prepare dishes for the gala table. To cope with it, plan the cooking stages in advance - only then will you be able to prepare wedding dishes on time, please the guests, please the newlyweds, in other words, organize a real feast for those present. Tasty dishes for you!