- Wedding Cake Tips
- Cake Recipe “Two hearts” at home
- Video: how to decorate a cake with mastic?
- Photo of the most beautiful wedding cakes in the form of a heart
Not a single wedding, regardless of its size, can do without a wedding cake. It is the same attribute as a bride’s wedding dress or newlywed rings. Many guests even specifically expect the end of the banquet to watch and try a small piece of the culinary masterpiece. What could be more symbolic at the celebration than a wedding cake heart?
Wedding Cake Tips
You need to take care of choosing a sweet dessert for the wedding in advance. Find out which companies or bakeries in your city create custom cakes. Take an interest in customer reviews, rates for such services. To stay on a particular cake, you need to know the estimated number of guests at the wedding, determine the shape, size and weight of the dessert, composition and decor. As you look, if the main delicacy of your celebration will be a wedding cake with a heart shape - a symbol of great and eternal love?
Stand and number of tiers
The dessert may be single or multi-tiered. The choice remains with the owners of the holiday. For a small wedding party, a single-tier cake with several shortcakes is suitable. Approximate sizes can be calculated by the number of people invited to the celebration. On average, a serving of cake is 5-7 cm wide. If more guests are expected, then the dessert should be increased in size, both in width and in height. Biscuits laid out over several floors decorated with mastic and cream look very nice.
A cake cannot be without a substrate at the base. There are several varieties of supports and different diameters:
- multi-tier vertical;
- with 2, 3, even 5 tiers in the shape of a tree;
- dessert tray;
- table on wheels for a big cake.
On the stand, this wedding treat always looks more solid and more presentable. Such devices are plastic (transparent or white), glass. For the manufacture of trays use metal or plastic. After baking, the biscuits of the desired shape are laid out on the substrates so that the contours between the frame and the future cake coincide. Only then, the masterpiece confectioner begins decorating.
Design color and filling
It is better to decide in advance what color scheme the cake should be. The bride and groom need to choose for themselves, it will be something delicate white-pink, airy or bright juicy tones. Decoration can be flowers, butterflies, beads or figures fashioned from mastic. The most common option for decorating a wedding cake is the prototypes of the bride and groom standing on top of the confectionery.
When choosing the stuffing of fantasy there is no limit. The following can be used:
- vegetable cream;
- butter cream;
- creamy curd;
- based on condensed milk;
- sour cream.
The cake should turn out not only outwardly attractive, but also necessarily tasty. For each type of biscuit cake suitable cream. It all depends on what you want to get as a result - an airy cake or a juicy and satisfying one. The combination in the dessert of fresh or canned fruit and vegetable cream does not cause severity after eating it. Sour cream is very popular. Creams based on vegetable cream, Mascarone cheese are best suited for decoration with mastic..
Decoration and decor
How advanced is the technology for the production of cakes, only experienced pastry chefs know. Some 30-40 years ago, the decoration was monotonous cream roses (oil). Now baking may look like a work of art, which is even a pity to incise, and not just what to eat. To work on such a cake and get the expected result, you need to know a lot of secrets.
Nowadays, cakes decorated with mastic figures or completely covered with mastic are widespread. The whole plot or picture is fashioned. Edible sugar beads and marmalade figurines come to the rescue. Separately, you can sculpt or purchase ready-made figures from mastic, designed for a certain celebration, in this case, weddings. The inscriptions are made using a special tube filled with food gel..
If the cake has several tiers, then each one should be done differently. It will be interesting to look externally, and guests can taste several types of biscuits and toppings. For example, one tier can be decorated with fruits, strawberries with cream, the other can be saturated with cream on a cream base and decorated with a scattering of flowers, and the top one is covered with a layer of mastic and must be decorated with figures of newlyweds. Such a cake will be remembered not only by the culprits of the event, but also by everyone present.
Cake Recipe “Two hearts” at home
At home, you can cope with baking such an original cake as «Two hearts». The output will be a dessert weighing about 9 kg. If you have time, and most importantly the desire to do homemade cakes for the celebration, it is worth a try. Stock up on the necessary products and take action. Surely, you will surprise all guests by creating this masterpiece with your own hands. According to this recipe, you can bake a cake not only for the wedding, but also for its anniversary.
Essential ingredients for the dough:
- flour - about 2500 g;
- granulated sugar - about 1 kg;
- cocoa powder - 12-13 tablespoons;
- baking powder - 4 teaspoons;
- egg - 4 pieces;
- cream margarine -200 g;
- honey - 8-9 tablespoons;
- milk - 25 tablespoons.
Ingredients for Cream:
- butter - 1300 g;
- milk - 2.5 l;
- sugar - 1300 g;
- yolks - 16 pieces;
- vanilla sugar - 40 g;
- flour - 20 tablespoons.
To decorate the cake you will need:
- cream - about 1 liter;
- powdered sugar - about 1.5 kg;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- food coloring red.
- Combine the eggs with sugar in a bowl, stir well, add honey, margarine, milk.
- Prepare a steam bath, put on it a well-mixed mass. Bring to a boil to margarine, sugar, honey completely melted.
- Mix cocoa, half the norm of flour with baking powder. Mix well and remove from the steam bath.
- From the remaining flour make a mound with a hole inside, pour hot chocolate mass there.
- Knead the dough until it becomes elastic and sticks to your hands.
- Divide it into 16 equal parts and make balls.
- Roll the balls into cakes, a little large in parameters, since when baking, the size decreases.
- Each cake is baked in the oven for 6-8 minutes at a temperature of 180-200 degrees. So prepare all 16 layers of the future cake.
- We give the heart shape to the cakes while they are hot, otherwise it will be difficult to do it later.
- About 1.5 liters of milk, mix 800 g of sugar, put on a small fire.
- In a separate container, thoroughly mix the yolks, the remaining sugar, vanillin until smooth, gradually adding 1 liter of milk.
- Pour the milk-yolk mixture into a hot milk standing on the stove with a thin stream, stirring constantly.
- When the cream begins to thicken, bring it to a boil.
- Add softened butter to the cooling mixture, mix well.
- Allow the cream to cool completely and beat well..
Assembly and decoration of the wedding cake:
- Soak each cake with cream, add. It should turn out two hearts in 8 layers.
- Putting it next to one heart, cut off the extra corner, connect them together. We give time to soak for 30-40 minutes.
- We start to decorate with whipped cream, icing sugar.
- Coat the cake well on all sides, straighten the cream with a knife on top.
- Decorate with mastic figures.
Video: how to decorate a cake with mastic?
In order not to order or buy mastic figures, you can show your creative abilities - make them yourself. If you involve the whole family in this process, you get an interesting exposure. Fashioned figures made of mastic can be stored for up to 6 months in a cool place, in a closed container. After watching the video below on decorating with mastic (how can it be «tighten» cake), you will want to immediately put your knowledge into practice.