- Wedding loaf recipe with photo
- Dough for a wedding loaf
- How to bake
- Loaf decoration
- Details decorating the wedding loaf and their meanings:
- Video master class: how to cook a wedding loaf
The traditional wedding loaf has long been considered a symbol of fertility, great family happiness, and also means the transition from a carefree single life to a family full of responsibilities. Before a wedding loaf with their own hands, experienced married women who were happy in marriage had to cook. Widows, divorced or childless were not allowed to this case, so that their fate could not affect the future life of the newlyweds.
Wedding loaf recipe with photo
Saturday was considered a suitable day for baking a festive loaf. On this day, the participants in the process brought everything they needed to the house, where the ceremonies accompanying the preparation were held. Now weddings are held both at the end of the week and in the middle, and the custom of baking a wedding loaf with your own hands has almost gone out of use, giving way to products ordered in a candy store. However, the real housewives, relatives of the future spouses, will certainly be happy to present them with a gift - a homemade loaf.
Essential products for baking a traditional wedding loaf:
- Flour - 7-9 glasses
- Dry yeast - 20 grams
- Vegetable or melted butter - 100 grams
- Milk - half a glass (you can replace with water or a milk-milk mixture)
- 10 eggs
- Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 6-8 tablespoons
- Spices for the smell - cinnamon, grated lemon peel or vanilla sugar
- Nuts, raisins or other toppings to taste
It should be remembered that, according to your opinion, the larger the loaf, the happier the marriage of young people will be, therefore, if possible, loafers can increase the amount of ingredients to make the product more do-it-yourself. In ancient times, a loaf could weigh so much that several people could hardly carry it..
Dough for a wedding loaf
You must prepare the loaf in a good mood, with love. If you feel unwell or annoyed, leave this activity until your mood improves. Do-it-yourself loaf gives birth to a new family. Recipe for making dough for dough:
- Pour a heated glass of milk (or water) into a bowl - the milk should not be too hot, just warm.
- Dissolve Yeast There.
- Add a spoonful of sugar, gently mix thoroughly.
- Sift a glass of flour slowly through a sieve. The resulting consistency of the test should resemble a pancake.
- Sprinkle the resulting dough on top with a small amount of flour, cover with a napkin or towel, leave for an hour or a half. Take it out when it rises as much as possible. If this is not done on time, ugly cracks may appear..
Create a warm place with a bowl of heated water: cover the dough, lower the bowl into the bowl of water to give off heat. With this method, you will have to periodically change the fluid to maintain the desired temperature. You can prepare the dough for a handmade wedding loaf like this:
- Separate the yolks from the egg white, set aside one yolk to grease the product before baking.
- Pound the remaining yolks with sugar, add the resulting mixture to the risen dough.
- Set aside half a cup of flour, pour the rest into a large bowl or pan.
- Beat the squirrels.
- Melt the butter or prepare the vegetable.
- Make a groove in the flour, pour in the dough with the yolks, oil, proteins, pour salt.
- Knead the dough well, adding the deferred flour until it stops sticking to your hands and becomes smooth - this lesson will take you up to half an hour.
- When everything is ready, transfer the mass to the dishes, leave the dough in a warm place for two hours. Then you need to hug him again, let him go.
How to bake
Having prepared the mass (about 2 kilograms with a tail) for baking, you need to start forming the loaf. Here is the step-by-step instruction:
- Separate from the test 500-600 grams - this will be needed for future jewelry.
- Form a ball from the remaining mass.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment, lay out the bowl, gently moisten with water.
- Invent and make jewelry for the loaf with the help of 500-600 grams, previously set aside. While making jewelry with your own hands, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Do not forget to constantly moisten the jewelry and the future loaf so that they do not dry out.
- The loaf is sure to increase in size while decorations are being prepared, this is normal. When the decoration process is completed, mix the yolk, previously set aside, with a tablespoon of water, grease the surface of the dish so that it is beautiful and rosy.
- Put in a preheated oven.
- Cover the dish with foil, lower the temperature to 180 degrees, when the surface becomes rosy.
- After that, the loaf will be baked for an hour or a little longer.
- Important note: when the loaf is inside the oven, you can not open it, checking readiness. If a large amount of heat comes out, the product may settle. When the wedding loaf is completely ready, it is necessary to cool the dish for 15-20 minutes by opening the oven door. Slightly cooled product, put on a prepared plate laid with napkins, grease the surface with butter or water, diluting sugar in it. The top will also have to cover with paper towels, and then with a towel. In this form, you need to leave the wedding loaf for the night, so that «rested».
Particular attention should be paid to decorating a wedding loaf, because all the details of the decor of this dish carry a certain meaning. There are two ways to decorate the product with your own hands..
- The first - before putting in the oven (described above). However, in this case, it is likely that the decorative elements will become vague.
- Another option is to attach ornaments for the loaf made of dough for 10-15 minutes before you need to get it out of the oven. This ensures clear detail shapes..
Details decorating the wedding loaf and their meanings:
- Bunches of viburnum are a must-have for a wedding culinary dish. It is a symbol of love, abundance. To make decoration, roll up thick balls, cut in half, attach hemispheres to the surface, forming branches of viburnum.
- Pigtail. Traditionally, they try to decorate all loaves with this element, placing the pigtail along the very edge of the spherical product. It symbolizes the sun. To make a pigtail with your own hands, you need to mold 3 long tows from the dough (like 2.5 circles of the wedding loaf itself), connect one edge, then braid around, fasten with a skewer.
- Spikelets of wheat - a symbol of fertility. To make spikelets with your own hands, it is necessary to form a test tow, one end of which will be narrow, the other wide. Then you need to attach the tourniquet to the wedding loaf, a thick edge on all sides «pinch» scissors forming grain ears.
- Roses. Designating love, roses will be a wonderful decoration for a wedding loaf. Roll three to four thin circles to make. Take the first roll, roll the next one around, slightly bending the edges. Similarly, the third, bending the edges more. The output will be a beautiful magnificent decoration.
- Leaves symbolize youth, abundance. To create this piece of wedding loaf decor, cut a rhombus from the test mass, and cut the edges with teeth. Make veins with a knife, cutting out small pieces of dough.
- Recess for salt. As a rule, during baking dishes, the notch is in the center itself, decorating it with pigtails, leaves, ears. Then put salt there. When the newlyweds are taken out a loaf, they will have to break it in pieces, then dip in salt and eat - this ritual symbolizes a pound of salt eaten together, and portends a further sweet life.
Another interesting tip for those who do not know what to do with a wedding loaf: so that the finished dish decorations are contrasting in color, do not grease the resulting decor with yolk before baking.
Making a wedding loaf with your own hands is a lesson in which you need to invest your whole soul. To bake a wedding dish you need with love, and even better - with prayer. A master class in the preparation of this dish should help culinary specialists make the newlyweds' holiday even better. Ritual cutting and treating with a loaf will be a wonderful decoration of photos and videos from a wedding day.