- How to make a paper dove for a wedding do it yourself?
- Origami pigeon master class
- Photo of wedding doves made of paper
White dove – it is a symbol of life, peace, renewal, love and purity. Choosing accessories with pigeons for a wedding celebration, the couple emphasizes the gentle nature of their relationship, harmony in the future family. There are many ways to decorate a holiday with beautiful birds: buy ceramic or wooden figurines, paintings with doves, print with appropriate images, but it’s even easier and cheaper to create symbolic doves with your own hands.
How to make a paper dove for a wedding do it yourself?
Beautiful pigeons can be made independently using different materials. – sew felt toys in the form of birds, make cardboard figures, but the easiest way that does not require serious investment is the manufacture of paper birds. Pigeons (depending on the technology of creation) can vary in size, be voluminous or flat. In the case of origami, needlewomen need to use only scissors with paper, but when creating birds according to the patterns, you will need to additionally use glue for arming to fasten some parts of the workpiece.
As for the color of the paper, white is ideal: it reflects the true meaning of a dove of peace, emphasizes the solemnity and festivity of the event. However, if desired, the hero of the occasion can create doves of any other shade to match the palette used at the wedding. Looks interesting and cute, slightly aged paper or even ordinary sheets of exercise books in a cage or strip – such doves will perfectly combine with the holiday in the style of shabby chic, an eco-wedding. As a basis, scrapbooking sheets decorated with different types of patterns are well suited..
Volumetric pigeons from paper
Many girls try to decorate the wedding with volumetric doves, because they look more natural and interesting than flat paper birds. Such pigeons will turn out «to plant» on the table, make a magnificent garland with them, use as seating cards for guests. For beautiful pigeon figures, the bride can use snow-white paper, ivory, milk, cream, golden color – depending on the style of the holiday. See a detailed workshop with step-by-step photos on making touching white doves of the world for a wedding.
- Printed Pigeon Pattern.
- A4 paper.
Scheme and stages of creation
- Print the dove pattern shown in the picture. – torso and wings separately. Carefully cut out the bird, taking care not to leave sloppy parts or sharp corners at the edges. When everything is ready, proceed to create a volumetric bird: bend the back along the fold lines, as shown in the photo. Be careful not to wrinkle the paper..
- Bend the top of the triangle near the tail, then bend the bottom so that the pigeon's tail tends to go up.
- Take the glue, lubricate the space of the triangle, then gently fasten its top with the bottom, as shown in the figure. Do the same with the top of the pigeon by gluing the paper in the area of the beak and head. Make sure the seam lines are straight and glue is not visible..
- Cut the wings, bend the workpiece along the fold lines, glue the triangle on the inside of the element with glue. Attach a detail of the future dove to the body. Volumetric beautiful bird is ready – you can bend the wings up or down, additionally arrange the dove with paints, beads, rhinestones.
Garland of pigeons for a wedding
Fairy lights – these are beautiful holiday decorations, the scope of which is great. The bride can decorate her room with touching paper doves to create a festive atmosphere, make an interesting accessory for a day photo shoot or make a large version of the attribute to decorate the banquet hall. There are garlands where the doves are connected together, and decorations, which are birds hanging on threads. In the next master class, we will consider the second version of the accessory, which is perfect for an eco-wedding.
To make the garland with pigeons look festive, you should additionally decorate it with flowers. The material used is white and colored paper – such a variety creates a special mood. A girl can decorate such garlands with artificial or natural flowers, small balloons, strings of artificial pearls.
- Durable white thread.
- Green wire to match flower stems.
- Gypsophila flowers.
- White and color paper.
- Pencil with elastic.
- Puncher (awl, clerical knife).
Template and creation steps
- Take gypsophila, divide the branches into inflorescences.
- Gently wrap thin stems with green wire – small inflorescences should gather in a bunch. Make a loop as shown in the photo.
- Cascade the flowers, gently connecting the flower arrangement with wire along the stems of the plants.
- Hinges at the edges, use for fastening.
- Cut out paper birds as shown. To give them a more festive and solemn appearance, you can cut out pigeons with wings spread. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the body up.
- Pull a strong thread through the holes in the pigeon blanks, carefully tie.
- Throw the resulting ribbon over the garland, placing the pigeons so that one bird is higher than the other, for reliability, you can wrap the thread around the flower arrangement several times. A beautiful accessory with pigeons is ready! To keep it fresh longer, sprinkle the flowers thoroughly with water, wrap in a bag and leave in the refrigerator until the celebration (maximum two days).
Origami pigeon master class
Origami art – This is an ancient technique for creating animals, plants and other paper elements. This unique method of making pigeons will create a special atmosphere; it is perfect for a regular celebration or for a Japanese-style wedding. You can use paper of different colors to decorate the room with birds, or give preference to plain sheets – in any case, the decoration will look great. Using a ruler, draw a square on a regular A4 sheet, and then follow the detailed instructions for creating pigeons.
Photo of wedding doves made of paper
Original paper pigeons look interesting and decorate with their presence any festive event. Before making beautiful birds, the bride can study the realized ideas on the design of their premises. See a selection of successful and interesting photos of paper pigeons, which will help determine the style and shape of future holiday accessories: