Wedding preparations – This is a lengthy process that requires attention and imagination. As a rule, newlyweds strive to make their wedding ceremony truly unforgettable. For the event to take place at «Hooray», All organizational details should be considered. To get started, take care of the special design of the invitations, because the initial impression of the guests from the wedding depends on their appearance. Invitation cards in the form of an old scroll – great idea! How to bring it to life?
For which wedding is the invitation scroll scroll suitable??
It is worth saying that scroll invitations are not suitable for every wedding, because they have their own special meaning. Such wedding attributes should not be created if a purely themed celebration is planned, for example, a Hawaiian holiday, a beach wedding or an event in the style of dudes. For these ceremonies, you should create special booklets decorated in the spirit of the upcoming holiday.
Scrolls always mean mystery, originality, antiquity. Therefore, invitations in the form of scrolls should be created only for weddings, which include an element of immersion in the old days. If you plan to organize a retro wedding, scrolls will be more appropriate than ever. Also, invitations scrolls are ideal for weddings in an adventure style and with a magical setting.
DIY Scroll Invitation
Such invitations are extremely relevant, they look original and unusual. Guests will appreciate the handmade work done in the form of a scroll. But in order for these wedding attributes to make the necessary impression, it is worth taking care of their neat appearance, and the design should correspond to the original idea. For reliability, seek the help of specialists who will bring the idea to life for your invitations..
However, the creation of such products for a wedding is quite affordable for ordinary people who do not have special skills. Thanks to the step-by-step instructions below, you will be able to make unusual invitations from improvised materials without spending a lot of time on this. So you save money and create stylish products for the wedding yourself!
What you need: materials and tools
It is possible to make an invitation in the form of a scroll for a wedding in various ways. For the procedure, you need to find improvised materials that every housewife probably has at home, therefore there is no great need to purchase many additional items. You can also get creative and make a wax seal, for example, for a wedding scroll. It is simple, but will require the purchase of additional funds. To create a wedding scroll, we need the following materials and tools:
- Paper (plain A-4, preferably denser, as for drawing / authoring, it is desirable that it resembled fabric / kraft paper – brown wrapping paper, heavy, sold in office or hardware stores).
- Black pen or printer.
- Candle, matchstick or distress ink (black or gold).
- Fluted night lights.
- Silicone print (optional, for decoration).
- Coffee or tea, spices (cinnamon, vanilla or other aromatic spices).
- Sealing wax (preferably a special wax gun with rods).
- Impression (custom or homemade).
- Twine, satin ribbon, lace or golden thread.
- Paint brush.
Which one is needed depends on which wedding invitation in the form of a scroll you want to create – «expensive» golden, most similar to the old, decorative, «a la old», as well as the degree of its naturalness. Optimally inexpensive set: stationery, coffee (or tea), a candle, a rope for dressing a scroll, a black pen.
How to Aging Scroll Paper
Invitation paper is aged in several ways:
- If you do not want to bother with aging, buy wrapping kraft paper. It is dense and dark, twisted like an old.
- If you want to make aged invitation paper yourself, take sheet A-4, doubt, straighten, and then put it in the tray. Brew strong coffee or tea (about 4 tea bags or 2 tbsp. Loose leaf) and fill the paper with this liquid. Hold there for several minutes to half an hour until it is painted in the desired color. You cannot dry the paper by placing it under the press, as during the drying of the newspaper on which the painted scroll of invitation will lie, it will absorb color along with moisture, and therefore the sheet on this side will be pale. This is only valid for the inside of the scroll..
- In order for the invitation sheets to be heterogeneous and with many streaks, do not forget to wrinkle them before painting. You can also put a few granules of instant coffee on a still wet sheet.
- If you want paper for a wedding scroll to be not only colored, but also fragrant, add a little cinnamon, vanilla or other spices to the coloring liquid. It can be fragrant right from the start. – for this you need to order such sheets in the stationery store.
Burning the edges of previously painted and dried paper is necessary in order to give invitations a believably aged look. Feeling of aging edges of the scroll is achieved without singeing – using special paint. To make the edges of the invitation seem frayed, select one of the following methods:
- Light the candle, gently hold the edges of the previously painted invitation to the flame. Swipe the outline of the sheets quickly. You should get a uniform singed line. Before you start singing invitations, first try on an unnecessary sheet to understand how long it needs to be kept over the fire. If you hold the sheet at a wrong angle to the flame, it may become smoky, which is not desirable.
- Light the candle, bring the invitation to the corner and hold until it lights up. Put it out immediately on the candlestick. Work all edges. The leaf burnt in this way will look very natural. To make the wedding invitation scroll smell of smoke, it must be painted before singeing.
- You can give a scorched look to sheets without burning by painting them with black distress ink for vintage photographs. You can buy them in a clerical or photo store. The invitation breaks off at the edges, and then is extinguished with this paint from the ends.
- To make the invitation, the scroll to the wedding is not old, but expensive, do not tear off the edges, but gently walk with embossed scissors and brush with golden distress paint. It will be easy to give a festive look to craft paper processed in this way..
Select font and print invitation text
Drawing a text on the invitation in the form of a scroll – an important stage. The text is applied to already painted sheets so as not to scorch the space necessary for printing the finished text. And to show that the scroll has deteriorated from time to time, and not on purpose. The text itself can either be written manually or printed on a printer. If there are a lot of wedding invitations in the form of a scroll, then the first option will be too tiring, so it’s better to immediately rely on the text to be printed.
If the scroll paper is smooth, then you will need a laser printer, if textured – jet. Not considering this point, the paint may lie badly and ruin the scrolls.
The general ancient look of the invitation does not deteriorate if you select the appropriate fonts. Writing letters on scrolls is characteristic of the period of history when letters were written by hand, so fonts should imitate calligraphic handwriting. Nowadays, application fonts of various types are available for download, including those imitating a calligraphic style. They not only have a beautiful spelling, support the Cyrillic alphabet, but also have inter-letter connecting lines.
Beautiful calligraphic fonts include, for example, Primo, Monika Script. The Olietta script BoldItalic font will make your invitation valuable and real, as uses the Old Russian style (as in the Russian chronicles). Download a lot of different fonts at once and choose your handwriting to your liking.
Printing and decorating scroll
Making prints and decor invitations – This is a crucial stage. By the beginning, you will already have ready-made scrolls with text printed on them. It remains only to bind your message and seal it with a wax seal. There are several ways to dress and decorate a letter, use one of them for decoration or create your own:
- Tape. Tie the finished invitation scroll for the wedding with a thin silk ribbon, tie it on a bow. This is a simple and cute way to seal a message for a wedding..
- Twine. Tie the scroll for the wedding with twine. Attach to it a tag with the name of the guest, made in the same way as the invitation. Pour the ends of the rope with hot wax, forming a small circle with it with a special wax gun. When the sealing wax cools down a bit, make a print. After it dries, the scroll for the wedding will be completely ready.
- Lace. Tie a small lace belt. Measure the volume of the folded scroll on it. Glue it together. Further, if desired, you can bandage the belt and fasten it with a wax seal.
- Golden braid. Perfect for wedding invitations in golden colors. On top of the lace belt or without it, secure the golden braid. Glue homemade golden thread brushes to its ends.
- Wax seal. The sheet can be sealed directly by printing. To do this, take a wax gun. Put a wax rod in it, melt it, squeeze it into the right place in the form of a circle. Take a print (ordered at the store or use any flat, rounded metal object that is glued to a metal rod or battery for convenience) and print it on wax. The sealing wax should be slightly hot to make an impression. If the print should be separated from the surface without losing its shape, it must be wrung out slightly cooled.
It's so simple, at home and at no great expense, to make original wedding invitations that will be kept for many years by your loved ones, decorating the interior and reminding you of a solemn event. A day spent on an exciting and useful lesson will help you not only surprise friends and relatives, but also save a significant amount of money.