- How the German wedding goes: traditions and customs
- How to organize a wedding
- Where to hold the ceremony
- Required documents for registration of marriage
- How much is a wedding in Germany
- Video: Wedding in Germany
- Wedding photo shoot in Germany
Choosing a place for a wedding ceremony, pay attention to European countries. For example, a wedding in Germany near an ancient castle may be the best solution for you. This is not only the beautiful architecture of the city, unusual, European purity, but also very spectacular old customs. In Germany, they observe many ancient rituals associated with weddings and carry them through the centuries. You have the opportunity to try them «to taste» and create a family in Germanic traditions.
How the German wedding goes: traditions and customs
Russian citizens are not allowed to officially marry in Germany, so it is better to visit the registry office right away, and only then go on a plane. In this country, it is customary to equate a wedding with the official receipt of family status, but such rules apply only to the indigenous people of the country and its citizens. Russians can put signatures in the registry office after the wedding in Germany, but it is recommended that this be done in advance.
Among the often used wedding traditions in Germany, the rite of planting a rosewood is distinguished. It marks the first joint business that is carried out by the newlyweds together and symbolizes the beginning of a new life. Having planted a tree, the groom and the bride can look after him, which will become a good family tradition. As a new planting, there may be a bush, a fruit or another shoot, and some residents of Russia prefer to plant a symbol of their homeland - a birch.
A very bright tradition among the inhabitants of Germany is connected with the breaking of dishes. On the day before the wedding, representatives of the groom’s retinue approach the bride’s house and in such a gesture drive away bad spirits that can accumulate over the new family. The loud sound of breaking dishes will surely frighten away unexpected guests; they will leave the house without interfering with the bride getting ready to get married. The event ends with a bright party in honor of the upcoming wedding.
Another German tradition is related to the presentation of the dowry of the bride. Before the wedding, the girl presents the accumulated property, it is placed on five carts or carts. Feathers, pillows, blankets, kitchen utensils are added there, the bride sits in the center of this property and drives through the streets of Germany. The journey can begin near her house and last until she visits the groom’s home and returns. After a trip on pillows, participants spend leisure time at a festive feast, before which the newlyweds are showered with legumes for happiness, prosperity.
How to organize a wedding
To take into account all the moments for a wedding abroad (Germany is no exception), you need to prepare well, stock up on a large notebook, be patient and write down everything in order so as not to forget anything. Since the celebration will not take place near the house, immediately take with you everything you need, since you will not be able to return for the shortage. When planning a wedding, consider the following points:
- Registration of passports, permits for entry and exit. This should be thought out not only for the newlyweds, but also for parents, friends invited to the wedding. This item is not recommended to be executed last. There are times when, when fully prepared, one of the spouses is prohibited from leaving, and everything prepared for a German wedding becomes unnecessary.
- Buying plane tickets or identifying other routes. To be in time for your wedding in Germany, purchase travel documents in advance. If you plan to invite guests to the wedding, they must also buy tickets in advance..
- Ordering a wedding venue. Decide in advance and order the option that you liked. Be sure to clarify all the nuances, starting from the language barriers of guests with service personnel and ending with questions of payment, the German currency.
- Booking hotels or other places to stay for newlyweds, guests. If the wedding is planned for more than one day, be sure to consider these points. It is important that the accommodation is located close to transport interchanges, the venue for the wedding.
- Order a guide or assistant to organize a wedding. To make it easier and easier to observe the correctness of the celebration, select an assistant in Germany who can always give you the right solution. This person must know Russian, German and English.
- The choice of wedding themes is also important, even if the celebration takes place abroad. Follow the general rules that exist in Germany and make your wishes for the chosen scenario.
- It is better to buy rings, a suit and a dress in your native country so as not to burden yourself with such problems abroad. But it is better to purchase flowers for a wedding on the spot, in Germany.
Where to hold the ceremony
Determining the location for the wedding ceremony in Germany is very important, as it will remain in your memory for life. Having chosen a German wedding, stop at the option that combines beauty, originality. If you dream of a wedding in the spirit of knightly times, the best place for you will be one of the many castles in Germany. If you are attracted by the views of the botanical gardens and ponds, the wedding ceremony in Strasbourg will be remembered by you and the guests for a long time. The main criteria for choosing a venue for the wedding will be the budget and your personal desires. What do you choose?
In the royal palaces of Bavaria
Wedding in a real palace is a dream of many newlyweds, because it is beautiful, unusual and very moving. Celebrations took place in the royal chambers, where the hearts of the crowned persons united. Such a place is considered to be popular and expensive. The Bavarian palaces in Germany will be the perfect wedding venue for a couple who value antiquity and enjoy history.
Tall ancient buildings, unusual architecture, large columns with the image of animals - all this can become part of your wedding celebration in Baden-Baden. In your dreams, do you appear at your own wedding in a magnificent dress with a long train and take pictures on the high steps of the ancient castle of Germany? You can fulfill this desire in Baden-Baden.
In a historic castle near Cologne
The ancient city of Cologne (Germany) stands on the deep Rhine river. The combination of natural beauty with a wealth of historical sites makes it very attractive for tourists and those who want to hold a wedding celebration. Especially interesting for such purposes are the castles of the Moselle (this is the name of the river): Reichsburg, Eltz, Zatsvay, Pyrmont. Medieval bridges, heavy wrought iron doors, magnificent halls, furnishings from knightly times - this is what awaits you in the Cologne district if you want to celebrate a wedding here.
The pearl of Bavaria is located near the Isar River, so beautiful water landscapes can become part of the photo shoot during your wedding. Munich is very good for those couples who want to give preference to a beautiful expensive restaurant for a party. And the natural landscapes of the German city can be an excellent solution for organizing a wedding.
In the ancient city of Cologne
The choice in favor of this city will be made by couples who prefer peace, tranquility, solitude. Even if the wedding is large (with the number of invited more than 50 people), this place is suitable. Cologne has many German attractions that you can visit, for example, during a wedding walk and photography. It will be interesting for you to see the city hall, the Hohenzollern Bridge, visit the Cologne Cathedral, the Fish Market Square, the Fountain of the Dwarves).
This German city is considered one of the most modern, so it will be perfect for art lovers of the new time. Tall buildings, mirrored surfaces, minimalism, unusual greenery can become a decoration of a wedding or newlyweds photo shoot. This city of Germany has a lot of attractions (Etienne Museum, Reinturm TV Tower, City Hall), against which the bride in a white dress will look amazing.
Required documents for registration of marriage
Officially engaged in Germany can only residents of this country. If one of the newlyweds is a German citizen, registration is possible. Therefore, you will have to choose whether you will sign in your homeland, and then go to Germany only for a wedding celebration, or whether you will obtain citizenship in a new country for at least one newlywed. The second case is very rare..
When planning a trip to Germany for a wedding, take with you: a passport of a citizen of the country and abroad, a certificate of TIN, a marriage certificate, birth certificates of children or their passport, documents confirming the reservation of hotels, restaurants and other establishments, travel tickets (both side immediately). It is advisable to always carry an additional credit or debit card in case of unforeseen circumstances..
How much is a wedding in Germany
The cost of a wedding celebration in Germany directly depends on where the ceremony will be held. The amount is affected by such indicators as the number of guests, the type of organization of the event (alone or with additional help), the number of days for the celebration, the location of photographers, videographers, presenters and musicians, outfits of young people, car escort, and a guide. The average price of a wedding can vary like this:
- Lesfeld Castle (from 2500 euros);
- Aibze Lake (from 4,400 euros);
- Ereshofen Castle (from 10,800 euros);
- Alps (from 3500 euros);
- Wiesbaden (from 3,500 euros);
- Drachenburg (from from 3525 euros);
- Neuschwanstein Castle (from 4,400 euros).
Video: Wedding in Germany
To make sure you decide on the venue for the wedding in Germany, young people should familiarize themselves with all the nuances. Discuss your decision about the upcoming holiday with the invited parents. Many people can not tolerate flights, long trips and long-distance travel, their position is also worth considering. It’s better to imagine how the wedding ceremony in Germany can take place, you can by watching the video below.
Wedding photo shoot in Germany
When planning a German wedding, do not forget about the photographer. Then your German ceremony will be captured in beautiful photos. Later, looking at the pictures, you will be able to recall the best moments of the holiday: a photo shoot on the background of beautiful old castles, in picturesque places of nature with a wreath or a bouquet. Think of a route and a shooting scenario to visit and capture the most significant and memorable places at the wedding: parks with fountains, original old or modern buildings, interiors of castles, churches, museums in Germany.