A wedding is one of the most beautiful and special moments in the life of two people. To fully reflect the uniqueness of the couple, a luxurious dress and a bouquet of a bride, an elegant suit of the groom are not enough. We need to take care of a thousand little things. Master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses will help you express your individuality in decorating these indispensable attributes of the celebration.
Decoration of wedding glasses:
Graceful lace will help to give the glasses a festive look quickly and easily. We offer you two step-by-step methods..
For the first option you will need:
- lace, ribbon;
- glue gun or transparent super-glue based on cyanoacrylate (it is waterproof and well grasps).
Note: before applying glue to the surface of glass or crystal, they must be wiped with a cloth with alcohol.
For attaching beads, rhinestones, crystals, ribbons, etc. to the glass, silicone glue, ceramic glue, glue-moment gel and even ordinary PVA are also suitable.
- To decorate the top of the glass, wrap lace around it and measure the desired length, taking an additional few millimeters in reserve.
- Glue the lace gently. Try not to see glue.
- To decorate the leg of the glass, pick up the fabric with a needle, as in the photo. Tighten the thread on the glass.
- Gently tie the tape on the leg.
For the second option you will need:
- satin ribbon of violet or other bright color
- beads, rhinestones
How to do:
- Glue the satin ribbon to the top of the leg.
- Spiral the leg of the glass, sticking each turn.
- Cut a piece of lace. It should be wider than the base of the glass.
- Glue it while picking up. Glue the ends.
- Use glue to fasten the bow to the base of the foot.
- Add rhinestones to lace and a bead to a bow.
Useful advice: when gluing small parts, apply glue with a needle or a toothpick.
Decoration of wedding glasses with ribbons
There are many options for decorating the glass with ribbons: attach an elegant bow to the leg or wrap the ribbon around it with a neat spiral (as in the last photo lesson). Flowers from satin ribbons will look interesting. A simple video tutorial on creating them will help you understand the technique:
Decoration of wedding glasses with flowers
Beautiful artificial flowers, collected in a fantasy composition, are perfect for decorating a glass. Fasten them tightly together and glue them to the glass. The absolute identity of the glasses is not the main thing, but their elements must be harmoniously combined with each other.
Fresh flowers are a difficult material for creativity. They require patience in the time-consuming preparation process, but the result is worth the effort. To understand it, a master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses offers step-by-step instructions for preparing and fixing fresh flowers:
- Cut each selected flower briefly, lower it into water and keep there for several hours. Plants must absorb enough moisture..
- Stems of such large flowers as roses, lilies, shorten as much as possible.
- Attach a special teip tape to the glass, attach a cotton swab dipped in water to the place of the cut of the stem, wrap it with thin wire and place it under the tape. This process is called taping..
- Using pebbles, beads, nets, hide sloppy areas of work and wait until the glue hardens..
- Spray the flowers, hide the finished glasses under the bag and refrigerate until the celebration, so that the plants retain their shape and beauty.
Note: fresh flowers should be the same as those used in the bride’s bouquet and in the groom’s boutonniere..
Flowers for decoration can not only be bought or cut, but also made independently. A small master class of DIY wedding glasses using flowers made of polymer clay (cold porcelain) in the video guide:
Some types of polymer clay require heat treatment. So that the clay in the oven does not lose color, boil it in water for about 5 minutes. White plaque formed during cooking is removed with sunflower oil.
Decoration of wedding glasses with petals
To give the glasses a festive look, we offer another simple master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses decorated with petals of an artificial flower.
Instructions: gently glue the petals around the base of the glass. Fasten the satin ribbon under them..
If desired, add a variety of ornaments to the petals - beads, pearls, rhinestones, beads.
Feathers for wedding glasses
Airy and light, feathers will be a great addition to any created composition. They come in all colors of the rainbow, so each needlewoman will find suitable for her creation. Emphasize feathers or use them to soften the composition..
A few ideas for creating your own exclusive decoration:
Decoration of wedding glasses with stained glass paints
There are several simple ways to decorate a glass with stained glass paints. For the first method you will need:
- contour stickers for wedding glasses
- stained glass paints
- silk ribbon
How to do:
- Separate the contour stickers from the base (do not forget to wipe the surface of the glass).
- Stick them on the glasses.
- Gently paint over empty areas with stained glass paints.
- The final touch for a festive look is the silk ribbon on top of the stem of the wine glass.
The second method is suitable for those needlewomen who can draw well.
How to do:
- Come up with a stencil or use ready-made ones (they are easy to find on the Internet), tape it on the inside of the glass.
- Carefully outline the contours first, then paint over the empty areas.
- To avoid smudging, wait for the paint to dry, then remove the drawing..
- If you are confident in your strength, draw, relying only on your imagination. The main thing is that creativity reflects your unique vision and concept of celebration.
- to speed up the drying of the paints, use a hairdryer;
- to make the glass or part of it dull, spray white acrylic paint with a regular brush;
- use gold, silver or white paint to decorate the edge of the glass.
Decoration of wedding glasses with rhinestones
Rhinestones are very popular in decorating the attributes of celebration - this is a great option to quickly and beautifully make the look of wine glasses festive. Small items are suitable - they will shine better and shimmer in the light. Using rhinestones, lay out the figures of rings, hearts, patterns, make inscriptions. The leg of a glass decorated with rhinestones will elegantly look.
Bead decoration for wedding glasses
Beads, beads - a universal means to give the glasses richness and solemnity. As a rule, they are not the main element of the decor, but are attached to the petals, flowers, lace to complement. Beads will look good, divided in two and glued to the glass, laid out in a certain pattern or arranged in random order.
The engraving on the glasses looks elegant and no frills. At home, the classic version is difficult to implement, but it is interesting and easy to make using decoupage. On the video, master classes: do-it-yourself wedding glasses, this is shown in detail:
Glasses that you decorate yourself - the best gift for you and your soulmate. Their decoration is a good way to show imagination, emphasize the uniqueness of your couple, add even more beauty to the celebration. If you have other interesting and unusual ideas for decorating your wedding glasses, share them in the comments.