- Decoration of wedding glasses with lace
- How to decorate wedding glasses with petals (PHOTO)
- Stained glass paints
- Engraving Wedding Glasses
A wedding is one of the most beautiful, special moments in the lives of two people. To fully reflect the uniqueness of a couple, a luxurious dress and a bouquet of a bride, an elegant suit of the groom are not enough. We need to take care of another thousand little things. Master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses will help you express your personality by decorating these indispensable attributes of the celebration.
Decoration of wedding glasses with lace
Graceful lace will help to give the glasses a festive look quickly and easily. Here are two step-by-step ways to implement this idea with your own hands..
For the first option you will need:
- lace ribbon
- glue gun or transparent super-glue based on cyanoacrylate (it is waterproof and well grasps)
Note: Before applying glue to the surface of glass or crystal, they must be wiped with a cloth with alcohol.
Silicone glue, ceramic glue, glue-moment gel, ordinary PVA are also suitable for attaching beads, rhinestones, crystals, ribbons to glass.
- To decorate the top of the glass with your own hands, wrap lace around it, measure the desired length, taking an additional few millimeters in reserve.
- Glue the lace gently. Try not to see glue.
- To decorate the leg of the glass, pre-assemble the fabric with a needle, as in the photo below. Tighten the thread on the glass.
- Gently tie the tape on the leg.
For the second option you will need:
- satin ribbon of violet or other bright color
- beads, rhinestones
How to do:
- Glue the satin ribbon to the top of the leg.
- Spiral the leg of the glass, sticking each turn.
- Cut a piece of lace. It should be wider than the base of the glass.
- Glue it while picking up. Glue the ends.
- Use glue to fasten the bow to the base of the foot.
- Add rhinestones to lace and a bead to a bow.
Helpful advice: sticking small parts, apply glue with a needle or a toothpick.
There are many options for decorating a glass with ribbons. Try to make one of them yourself. For example, attach an elegant bow to a leg or wrap a ribbon around it with a neat spiral (as in the last photo lesson).
Flowers from satin ribbons will look interesting. To do this yourself, understand the technique of completing a task by learning a simple video tutorial.
Beautiful artificial flowers, collected in a fantasy composition, are perfect for decorating a glass. It’s easy to do it yourself. Just tighten them together, glue to the glass. The absolute identity of the glasses is not the main thing, but their elements must be harmoniously combined with each other.
Natural flowers - difficult material for creativity. The time-consuming process of preparing them requires patience, but the result will justify the effort spent. To better understand, use this master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses for preparing and fixing fresh flowers:
- Cut each selected flower briefly, lower it into water, hold there for several hours. Plants must absorb enough moisture..
- Stems of such large flowers as roses, lilies, shorten as much as possible.
- Attach a special teip tape to the glass, attach a cotton swab dipped in water to the place of the cut of the stem, wrap it with thin wire and place it under the tape. This process is called taping..
- Using pebbles, beads, nets, hide sloppy areas of work and wait until the glue hardens..
- Spray the flowers, hide the finished glasses under the bag, refrigerate until the celebration, so that the plants retain their shape and beauty.
Note: fresh flowers should be the same as those used in the bride’s bouquet and in the groom’s boutonniere.
Flowers for decoration can not only be bought or cut, but also made independently. A small workshop of do-it-yourself wedding glasses using flowers made of polymer clay (cold porcelain) can be found in the video guide:
Some types of polymer clay require heat treatment. So that the clay in the oven does not lose color, boil it in water for about 5 minutes. White plaque formed during cooking is well cleaned with sunflower oil.
How to decorate wedding glasses with petals (PHOTO)
To give the glasses a festive look, we offer another simple master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses decorated with petals of an artificial flower.
Photo instruction: Gently glue the petals around the base of the glass. Fasten the satin ribbon under them..
If desired, add a variety of decorations to the petals - beads, pearls, rhinestones, beads.
Airy and light, feathers will be a great addition to any created composition. They come in all colors of the rainbow, so each needlewoman will find suitable for his creation. Emphasize feathers or use them to soften the composition..
Here are some ideas for creating an exclusive DIY decoration:
Stained glass paints
There are several simple ways to decorate a glass with your own hands using stained glass paints..
For the first method you will need:
- contour stencil stickers for wedding glasses
- stained glass paints
- silk ribbon
How to do:
- Separate the contour stickers from the base (do not forget to wipe the surface of the glass).
- Stick them on the glasses.
- Gently paint over empty areas with stained glass paints.
- The final touch for a festive look is the silk ribbon on the top of the stem.
The second method is suitable for those needlewomen who can draw well.
How to do:
- Come up with a stencil or use one that is already ready (stencils are easy to find on the Internet), tape it on the inside of the glass.
- Carefully outline the contours first, then paint over the empty areas.
- To avoid smudging, wait for the paint to dry, then remove the drawing..
- If you are confident in your strength, draw, relying only on your imagination. The main thing is that creativity reflects your unique vision and concept of celebration.
- To speed up the drying of paints, use a hairdryer.
- To add dullness to the glass or part of it - spray white acrylic paint with a regular brush.
- Use gold, silver or white paint to decorate the edge of the glass.
Rhinestones are often used to decorate the attributes of a wedding celebration. With their help, you can easily give your glasses a festive look with your own hands. Small elements are suitable - they will shine better, shimmering in the light. Put rhinestones figurines of rings, hearts, patterns, make inscriptions. The leg of a glass decorated with rhinestones will elegantly look, see the photo below:
Beads, beads - a universal means to give the glasses a rich look and solemnity. As a rule, they are not the main element of the decor, but are attached to the petals, flowers, lace to complement the image. Beads will look good, divided in two and glued to the glass, laid out in the form of a certain pattern or arranged in random order.
Engraving Wedding Glasses
The engraving on the glasses looks elegant and no frills. At home, the classic version of engraving is difficult to implement, but it is easy to do with decoupage. Video master class: do-it-yourself wedding glasses will help you realize this.
Glasses that you decorate yourself - the best gift for you and your soulmate. Their decoration is a good way to show your imagination, emphasize the uniqueness of your couple, add even more beauty to the celebration.
If you have other interesting and unusual ideas for decorating your wedding glasses with your own hands, share them in the comments.