- Tools and materials
- Making jewelry on the hood with your own hands
- How to sew bows for doors and trunk
- Workshop on how to sew trim ribbons on the hood
- Photo decorations for cars for a wedding
The pre-wedding preparations process contains many important points that must be completed. 50% of the overall impression of the whole holiday depends on how beautifully you decorate the car. Therefore, it is important to take into account many points, carefully selecting every detail. Sew your own wedding party decoration to make everything perfect. It remains only to find out in more detail what is needed for this and where to start. All secrets and details are below..
Tools and materials
Having decided to do sewing jewelry for a wedding car, you will need a variety of materials, tools. The richer your set of components will be, the more beautiful and bright ideas you can implement. Therefore, it is important to stock up on various items (to choose from), which are described below, in advance. It can be:
- Satin ribbons.
- Fresh or artificial flowers.
- Hearts, butterflies or dolls representing the bride and groom.
- Wedding rings, garlands.
- Threads, scissors, scotch tape, ruler.
Making jewelry on the hood with your own hands
Before starting work, it is worth carefully familiarizing yourself with the photos of ready-made design options for a variety of tuples made by professional decorators (this is easy to find on the Internet). As soon as you already have several good ideas in your head, try to create beautiful accessories on the hood with your own hands. As an example, see step-by-step instructions on how to sew a beautiful decoration on a wedding car:
- 3.5 m 1.5 m lilac organza.
- 1.5 m 1.5 m white organza.
- 0.5 m 0.3 m white linen.
- 0.36 m 1.5 m non-woven.
- Many artificial flowers.
- 10 m of purple ribbon 2 cm wide.
- 2 meters of the same white tape.
- 2 meters organza ribbon (2 cm wide).
- 10 m of linen, gold thread.
- Remove two details from the organza: the length of the first is 1.15 m to the left and 1.5 m to the right. The second part - 1.5 m and 1.93 m.
- Sew both parts together with sides that are the same length: 1.5 m.
- With the help of a lilac ribbon, sew what was sewn: along the edges and middle seam.
- Fold the width of the flat top of the product.
- Sew a white tape over the folds to the bottom (has a slanting edge).
- Then take the product by a smooth edge, assemble it, firmly pressing the folds to each other. You will see that the resulting part lies in the form of a triangle with an angle of 90 degrees. At the same time, the narrower side is attached to the bumper, and the wide one - to the windshield.
- Sew the narrow part folded, wash the white tape on top, which will firmly fix the part. Sew 7 pieces (20 cm each) of linen elastic at the same distance perpendicularly.
- Do the same with a broad base. «the triangle».
- Use a linen cloth to cut the width of the narrow side «the triangle» oval (for stripe of flowers). Attach the top and bottom, as shown in figure 6 pcs. 40 cm organza ribbon.
- Sew linen elastic bands in the form of large loops to the ends of the ribbon so that the flower arrangement is firmly attached to the hood on all sides.
- Sew the edge of the linen piece around the circumference with a lilac organza in the form of a wavy rim.
- Attach thickly flowers.
How to sew bows for doors and trunk
To make the wedding procession look elegant and concise, in addition to the hood, it is necessary to decorate the trunk and door handles in the same style. To do this, see the step-by-step instructions below. It examined an example of how to sew bows to decorate doors and trunk. Use materials left over from the hood..
- Using an iron, glue non-woven on one side of the remaining piece of lilac organza.
- Fold the fabric in half, joining in the center of the edge. Repeat the action again.
- Sew the folded material in the center, as shown in the figure, so that the structure does not unfold.
- Do the same with the white organza (no item with non-woven fabric).
- As a result, you should get two bows: large and small - sew them.
- Take 1.5 m of lilac ribbon, stitch the linen elastic bands in the form of large loops to its edges. Sew back in the center of the entire width of the bow so that the long ends of the ribbon.
- Make a small folded strip of organza several times to sew it around the bow heart.
- Make one more detail from item 6. Attach it to the bow heart perpendicular to the first ribbon.
- Decorate the center with roses.
- Sew the same bows on the handle of each door, only in miniature.
Workshop on how to sew trim ribbons on the hood
There are many other ways to beautifully arrange the car of the groom and the bride. It all depends on the style and concept of the wedding. But the idea of the main decor can remain approximately the same. Below you will find a video with an interesting master class on the topic: how to sew elegant ribbons on the hood. This will help you get inspired by the process and repeat what is actually described or come up with an alternative.
Photo decorations for cars for a wedding
For an interesting idea to create a tuple decoration for the bride and groom, it is important to see the finished result in cars. Wedding decorators use all the tools available for these purposes that help to make very beautiful options. It’s quite possible to make such items at home, so look through the numerous photos below, which show cars with original decorations.