- What you need to make a chest
- A chest for money for a wedding from a shoe box a master class with a photo
- Video: How to make a DIY wedding chest
It is customary for a newlywed couple to give wedding gifts; this tradition is rooted in ancient times. The nth amount of money is considered a popular present for the newly-made family to decide what they need to purchase. However, donated bills must be carefully folded so as not to lose anything. For such purposes, beautiful wedding chests with a slotted hole were invented in which it is easy to put envelopes with money. It’s not at all necessary to acquire such a chest if you have minimal creative abilities..
What you need to make a chest
Many couples use ordinary trays at the wedding, on which guests leave envelopes with money, but this option is considered unsafe and not original, because money can easily fall out and be lost. And to hide banknotes in your pocket is completely inconvenient - then the groom or witness looks unpresentable, because the pockets are protruded and the general gloss is broken. Therefore, a handmade chest is the best solution for a wedding celebration.
The chest is a rectangular box or a briefcase in the shape of a casket. It is beautifully decorated with all kinds of decoration materials, the color scheme is chosen to match the theme of the celebration, or preference is given to the classic white, black, brown color. To add a touch of originality, you should make the chest in a more non-standard form and do it yourself, adding symbolism to this attribute of the wedding.
Even more complex and unusual forms do not require the work of masters, everything can be done at home, with your own hands. For example, an original and unusual solution will be the manufacture of a wedding box for money in the form of a festive cake, casket or house, which will symbolize the family hearth. To complete this task you will definitely need:
- High-quality glue (PVA, clerical, better glue gun).
- Cardboard box (medium size).
- Stationery knife.
- All kinds of decoration elements: beads, ribbons, pictures, pebbles, shells.
- Colored paper for exterior and interior decoration.
Tools and materials
In order to make a really high-quality and visually beautiful chest for money with your own hands, you need to use the right materials and acquire the necessary tools. All materials can be easily found at home - in the pantry or in the parent's garage, and decorative details should be found in needlework stores. From the tools you will need:
- Stationery knife.
- A figured hole punch that can make a variety of colored figures to decorate the chest.
- Good glue.
- Glue gun for small parts.
- Scotch tape (best double-sided).
The quality of the glue will depend on how tightly the decorative elements, decoration paper will hold and whether the box will stick up at the end of the celebration. To make your chest tidy with your own hands, without visible seams, you should use double-sided tape, as well as an adhesive gun that gently distributes the adhesive to all small parts. If we talk about the necessary materials, then for the manufacture and decoration of this attribute are ideal:
- Box of the right size or A4 thick cardboard.
- Fabric for drapery. It can be silk, satin, velvet and others..
- Ribbons, Cords.
- Openwork lace fabric.
- Beads, stones, crystals, beads, shells, leather, carved figures, photos.
After all the materials and tools are collected, you should proceed to the next stage of manufacturing the attribute for money. You should look for patterns, drawings and patterns on the Internet, but there is another way: buy several magazines that describe all the moments of preparing a wedding. If you are not sure that you can make everything yourself, you should use the services of masters or bring your mother and grandmother to work.
Pattern or pattern
In order to start manufacturing the chest, you need to prepare the soil, or rather, make patterns or patterns. Pattern can be made using a large cardboard box..
- The back of the chest needs to be made taller than the front.
- The length in this situation should be equal to the sum of the height of the front and the width of the box.
- The top cover can be made with your own hands, more curly, as shown in the diagram.
If you plan to make a chest with your own hands not from a standard box, but to use A4 cardboard sheets, the task is somewhat more complicated. Do not be alarmed, our goal is achievable, but you will have to make a little more effort to implement it:
- The bottom ledge should be about seventy millimeters with a slot on top of the entire pattern so that the bottom does not fall out.
- The necessary slot for money envelopes should be made directly on the pattern, because after the chest is ready to cut through the hole, it will become a little problematic. Below is this pattern.
A chest for money for a wedding from a shoe box a master class with a photo
To easily make a beautiful wedding chest, you need to use the help: see a detailed master class, which describes all the moments in detail, in stages. The easiest way to make such a product is using a regular cardboard shoe box. To do this, you will need accessories, decor, fabrics, glue, scissors, scotch tape and a cardboard shoe box itself.
- First cut out the shoe box lid as shown in the picture.
- After the first step is taken, it is necessary to make a dome, which is made from the cover of the shoe box. To do this, we can glue the cardboard to the box that we cut earlier. The whole composition should look like an arch, on the side you need to add cardboard and fix it with a thick adhesive tape. If you think that one tape will not be enough, then you should also use paper clips and a stapler.
- The third step is the lining of the chest. From the very beginning, you should measure the parameters of the lid and the box itself. After that, it is necessary to cut off the part of the fabric we need for the upper part. Then we begin to carefully sheathe. Next, we trim the box itself in the same way. Everything should be done carefully, slowly, then you get a flawless and beautiful result.
- The fourth step is considered one of the easiest, but at the same time crucial stages. We cut the hole we need for money, or better for the whole envelope, and then check whether the bills fit into it. So that there are no arrows, stitches on the fabric and it does not roll, be sure to spend a burning match in that area. Be careful not to burn the entire finished box.
- The last and most interesting step in making a wedding money box with your own hands is an original and colorful decoration. Here you can show all your imagination. Contours and side panels can be decorated with beautiful satin or lace ribbons. Do not be sorry for beads, rhinestones and beautiful bows as decorations, they will successfully emphasize the festive appearance of the box. Side panels can be decorated with stylish photos of the newlyweds..
To simplify your task, it is worth choosing easier and faster ways to make a wedding chest for money. An ordinary shoe box can be used for this. No need to cut, cut, glue anything. The main thing is to beautifully and accurately arrange the outer part of the box, to get beautiful ribbons. Also, an original solution will be decorating the lid with fresh flowers, grass, a composition of dried berries, plants. Amaze everyone with your handmade work.!