- Organza Artificial Flower Master Class
- Simple decorative flowers from ribbons
- Large Kanzashi fabric flowers
- DIY step-by-step video tutorial on making lilies
It is difficult to imagine a wedding ceremony and a celebration without flowers: they are an indispensable component of the bride’s bouquet and the groom’s boutonniere, with their help they decorate cars and a banquet room. But sometimes living plants are not able to withstand too hot or cold weather, and temperature changes negatively affect their appearance. In the article you will learn what an alternative is, how to make flowers from fabric with your own hands, so that they look beautiful on the wedding day and are preserved in memory of a joyful day without losing your original appearance.
Organza Artificial Flower Master Class
Artificial flowers, in the manufacture of which organza was used, look charming. This is due to the frequency of use of the material when sewing a wedding dress, which means that the accessory will perfectly combine with the outfit of the bride. In addition, the fabric is very comfortable and flexible in work, which will facilitate the process of creating a masterpiece, and a variety of color shades provides the opportunity to choose colors that are most suitable for the design of the celebration.
In order to make flowers from organza, you will need:
- Organza. The color of the fabric depends on the preferences of the bride and theme, style of the wedding. Materials of different shades can be used to create an interesting composition. If organza is impossible to find, chiffon or satin will do..
- Sewing accessories - needle, thread, wire.
- Beads, beads for decoration.
- Candle, matches.
- Paper needed for drawing patterns and sketches.
Stages of creation
A detailed master class will help you learn how to make flowers from fabric with your own hands:
- We are preparing patterns for future buds. To do this, draw several circles of different diameters on paper. To make the circles as even as possible, it is worth using glasses of different sizes or other round objects. Having drawn, we cut out the elements and transfer it to the fabric. Using ready-made templates, we cut out several circles of each diameter from organza - we get blanks of petals.
- Light a candle. When bringing each petal, slightly melt the edges. In order to determine at what distance from the fire to keep the fabric, practice on unnecessary segments. Small parts should be scorched, holding them with tweezers so as not to burn your hands.
- Getting to the assembly. It is better to start with the lower petals of a large size, gradually adding the rest. The middle should be decorated with beads or beads by sewing them or stringing them on a wire. Organza Peony Ready.
- To create a rose from organza, it is necessary during the first stage to make five shallow cuts on the finished fabric mug from the fabric. During the processing of parts by fire, it is important to ensure that all the petals are twisted in one direction, then the bud will look neat and beautiful.
Simple decorative flowers from ribbons
On the eve of the wedding, many brides think about how to sew, make flowers from fabric so that they look beautiful, complement existing accessories and jewelry, harmoniously combining with them. Often the problem is the lack of necessary materials, skills and experience in creative work. But in order to create amazing exclusive flowers from ribbons, you do not need special equipment or great craftsmanship. The main thing is a little patience and imagination, and a detailed master class will help to realize all this, create a real masterpiece with your own hands..
In order to make buds from ribbons, you will need:
- Satin ribbons of two colors (primary and for leaves). Particular attention should be paid to the width of the tapes - the wider and longer it is, the larger and bulkier the product will be..
- Thread, needle.
- If desired, beads or rhinestones can be used for decoration..
Stages of creation
We will consider two options for making beautiful flowers from fabric, both are simple, but the result will surely please, and the finished accessories will serve as an excellent decoration. Master class number 1:
- We cut off the satin ribbon of the required width of 50 cm long. We wrap one edge to make a triangle.
- We turn a small corner and fix it with a needle and thread.
- Putting the tape on a thread, folding it to get a beautiful «harmonic». How to do it right, look at the photo.
- Having collected the entire tape, it must be wrapped around the base, forming a beautiful rose. Fasten everything with a thread so that the composition does not fall apart.
- To create a leaf, cut off a tape 10 centimeters long, fold both ends in the middle, forming a triangle. Sew and tighten the triangle at the base. The leaf is ready. To create a beautiful composition, at least two leaves are needed for one flower.
- Combine the flower with the leaves - the masterpiece is ready.
Master class number 2:
- Cut off a satin ribbon with a length of 35 centimeters. We bend the edge away from us and begin to twist the flower. Fasten the base with a thread, not reaching the fold line.
- We bend the tape on ourselves, forming a petal. We continue to twist the rose, wrapping the ribbon to ourselves.
- Sew the end of the tape from the inside, fastening all the layers with a thread so that they do not fall apart.
- By analogy, we make the required number of flowers, of which we will make an accessory or decoration. Such textile accessories are perfect for creating a wedding topiary..
Large Kanzashi fabric flowers
Original and beautiful flowers made from fabric made using the kanzashi technique. Such accessories can be small in size and can be used to decorate a wedding dress, a headband for the bride’s hair, or guests’ boutonnieres. If you wish, in this way you can make a large flower, which will become the decoration of the wedding procession, banquet hall. The advantage of this technique is the ability to make a flower of absolutely any color, size, without spending a lot of effort and finance.
To make a flower using the kanzashi technique you will need:
- Satin ribbon. A large flower needs a wide ribbon. In order to get a multi-colored masterpiece, you should buy a material of different shades, the golden elements in the product look good.
- Glue gun «Crystal Moment».
- Thread, needle, scissors.
- For decor - beads, beads, rhinestones, small decorative ornaments in the form of insects (butterflies, ladybugs).
- Cardboard or ball, plastic bag.
Stages of creation
Two methods can be used to create large flowers in the kanzashi style, we will consider both so that everyone can choose the most suitable and simple option for themselves. Master class number 1:
- We cut the satin ribbon 7 cm long. Fold in half and cut at an angle with a soldering iron.
- On the other hand, wrap the tape in the opposite direction, singe the edge, due to which the two ends of the tape are connected. We make the required number of petals-blanks, which depends on the desired flower size.
- We take cardboard and draw a circle on which we will glue the petals. The larger the diameter, the larger the resulting accessory. Glue all the petals in a circle.
The second option for creating kanzashi involves creating a large, round, convex flower:
- We tighten the ball with a plastic bag. The size of the finished product depends on the diameter of the ball.
- We make petals that will serve as the basis of the product.
- We connect seven finished petals with a thread and a needle into a circle, we fix. It turns out a small flower, which we mount on our ball in the center.
- Next, glue the petals, placing them between the elements of the previous row.
- Glue one more element to the petals of the first row, and two on each side to the details of the third.
- By analogy, we glue the rest of the petals until you get the right size flower.
- We remove the ball and the plastic bag, our masterpiece is ready.
DIY step-by-step video tutorial on making lilies
In wedding floristry, lily is used very often, since this flower symbolizes innocence, tenderness, purity. But if live lilies are out of season or you want them to be preserved after the celebration, a great option is to make them out of fabric. Even girls who first decided to plunge into the world of creativity and before that had no experience with sewing or other needlework could make such an accessory. To understand how to make a lily flower from a fabric, watch a video with a detailed guide to action: