- Drawstring bag
- Wedding bag made of satin, beads and flowers
- Video tutorial on creating a bag for the bride
- Photo of wedding bags for brides
In the wedding image of the bride everything should be perfect. The overall outfit is made up of several elements of clothing, shoes and jewelry. The dress sets the tone for the whole appearance, depending on the color and characteristics of which other accessories are selected. A bride’s handbag is an optional detail of the bride’s image, but is desirable. Sometimes when choosing a ready-made accessory suitable for a dress, difficulties arise: no product needs color or material. Therefore, there is a need to create hand-made bags.
Among the variety of wedding bag models, each bride will be able to choose the one that will match her image and wishes. Popular for wedding models of this accessory are a clutch bag, a small purse bag, an envelope, a bag in the form of a heart or a bouquet of flowers. But among the favorites is a bag-bag, and sewing such a product with your own hands is not difficult for needlewomen.
- Fabric 1 mx 50 cm. Both satin and silk, organza or guipure are suitable for work. Choose fabric depending on the dress. If it is sewn using a thin transparent material, then the same material will be needed for the bag. But in this case, you need to take twice as much tissue. So that the product does not shine through, sew it in two layers.
- Small size clasp or button.
- Decorative elements: beads, pearls, rhinestones, stones, sequins.
- Sewing machine.
- White thread.
- Tape measure.
- Safety pin.
Stages of creation
- Using a compass on the fabric, draw a circle with a diameter of 12 cm. Cut two such identical round blanks. It is also necessary to cut a strip of 15 cm x 55 cm. Fold two round blanks to each other with the front side of the fabric inward. Sew the two blanks together with the overcast seam. If you have a sewing machine, then use it, and process the edges of the workpieces with an overlock.
- Lay the seam not around the entire edge, but leave a small hole through which you need to turn the circle around and cover the remaining hole with a masking seam.
- Bend a cut strip of fabric measuring 15 cm x 55 cm on the wide side 2 cm inward and secure with a hidden seam. Leave a small piece unstitched, into which the stitches are then inserted..
- Connect side walls with a height of 15 cm together with a blind seam or machine stitching.
- The resulting cylinder, which represents the blank of the sides of the future handbag, is sewn to the bottom from the wrong side of the fabric. When doing this, make small folds to give the product a beautiful shape..
- The final stage: a white lace, a thin satin ribbon or self-made ties with the help of a safety pin to draw into the drawstring on top of the product. Sew the handle to the required length. As a handle, use a chain, pearl strands or fabric lace to match the tone of the material. Decorate the bride’s finished handbag at will: embroider with beads, beads, other stones or make embroidery.
Wedding bag made of satin, beads and flowers
Whatever form of handbag the bride prefers, her obligatory details are delicate decorative elements. For a wedding, girls choose accessories decorated with beads, artificial stones, flowers. Satin is a traditional and widely used fabric for wedding dresses. In order to make everything harmonious in the image, it is recommended to make a handbag for such a dress also from satin, and then decorate the product with suitable details in style.
- Four pieces of satin fabric 25 cm wide and 15 cm high.
- A piece of dense fabric to strengthen the product from the inside.
- Decorative elements: artificial flowers, beads, silver or gold cord.
- Sewing machine.
Stages of creation
- Draw the shape of the future bag on a piece of paper. Optionally make it square, oval, rectangular or in the shape of a heart.
- We outline the pattern on the fabric. We make 4 blanks from satin material (2 parts will go for the front side of the product, two for the lining). On a dense fabric, we cut out two more parts of the same size that will strengthen the finished product, give it shape.
- We sew 2 blanks for the lining together, having previously folded the front side inwards. We connect the remaining two satin patterns with the front side to the details of dense fabric and spread them on top of each side. With the help of the machine we sew.
- Having turned the blank of the future handbag of the bride, we put a lining in it, which we do not twist.
- We connect the edges of the product, gradually bending them inward. We process it on a sewing machine, not forgetting to fasten the fastener (buttonhole) and the handle in the right places. As the latter, use a finished chain, lace or ribbon from an inlay.
- We decorate the product of our own free will: we sew flowers, embroider with beads, beads, bows, rhinestones, sequins.
Video tutorial on creating a bag for the bride
With the help of step-by-step master classes and detailed instructions with a photo, each bride can create her own bag for the wedding, if desired. The main advantage of such an accessory is its complete exclusivity. No one else will have such a wardrobe detail as yours. Create your product that perfectly complements the wedding dress and will be combined with all its elements. To learn more about the technique of sewing the bride’s handbags with your own hands, watch the video below. In it, an experienced needlewoman will share her own secrets..
Photo of wedding bags for brides
If you attach a little imagination and spend a couple of hours of time, you can even make the finished bag original and unique. Decorate your accessories with bright details, complement them with hand embroidery, loose stones or artificial flowers. Such a handmade component of a wedding dress will become a bright accent of the whole image and will bring notes of originality and sophistication to it. Get inspired to create your own handbags with the photo selection below..