- What should be the competition for parents at a wedding?
- Competition ideas for parents of the bride and groom
Organizing a wedding evening is a delicate and delicate process. How to arrange a magnificent, cheerful, unforgettable wedding excites all the newlyweds on the eve of the holiday. Therefore, the program of the holiday without fail includes games, rallies in which young people and older guests participate. And correctly selected contests for parents are the key to a successful holiday. We will offer for your consideration contests that will not leave indifferent the most dear people - your parents.
What should be the competition for parents at a wedding?
It is difficult to imagine a full and interesting wedding evening without music, competitions, prizes and noisy fun. Where, if not at the wedding, you manage to prove yourself, your imagination and artistry? For this, contests are needed at the holiday. When selecting draws, it is important to rely not only on the circle of interests of the parents, but also on their emotional perception, as well as on the features of cultural education.
It is no secret that many wedding competitions have a vulgar subtext, and depending on the personal attitude of the parents to this topic, the presence of vulgarities in certain competitions should be adjusted. An experienced toastmaster always holds all the most interesting, funny and controversial contests in the middle or at the end of the wedding, when all the barriers collapsed under the influence of alcohol, and the guests got to know each other and actively communicate with each other. Use caution. so as not to offend parents.
Competition ideas for parents of the bride and groom
The most popular contests do not lose their relevance over the years:
- From year to year, the parents of the bride and groom amuse the guests, trying to get a pencil with a tied rope to their belts in the neck of an open bottle.
- Everyone likes the contest, when father-in-law with dough in elegant suits, ties, patent leather shoes, armed with a hammer and nails, gather races.
- An unforgettable impression will be made by a pair of parents who are given the task to say sweet words in turn. It is very touching to hear from people loving each other who have lived together for many years, a confirmation of their love.
- A contest will help to show imagination, where parents are given the task of writing a congratulation in writing with wishes for the newlyweds. Its essence is to attribute an adjective to the name of the bride and groom every time.
- An old but popular wedding contest in our time, in which fathers of the bride and groom compete. They are given to each doll doll. A set of clothes is offered for the doll: baby's undershirts, diapers, romper suits, bonnets, blouses, socks. Time is spotted, dads put on naked women for distillation. It is important that the order of layers of clothing must be observed. Guests support teams with loud shouts.
Competitions for parents should end with the selection of a winner, who must be awarded a prize. For mom, it can be a cup, soap, towel, mirror, frame, handbag, cosmetics. Dad is awarded with such prizes: tie, alarm clock, keychain, comb, socks, ballpoint pen. Below we describe several popular, but no less fun contests from this.
«Bubble» for mother-in-law and mother-in-law
We bring to your attention a very funny contest. Mother-in-law and mother-in-law are given soap bubbles. In turn, the master of ceremonies asks tricky questions mother-in-law, then mother-in-law. After listening to a question, mom blows out soap bubbles, guests consider their number, this is the answer to the question. This competition is good because mothers do not have to do anything special, they will enjoy what is happening. Here are examples of mother-in-law questions:
- How many son-in-law will you make pancakes on weekends?
- How many times will you kiss your son-in-law?
- How much will you get from the son-in-law of bouquets of flowers for March 8?
- How many times can you tie your shoelaces with your son-in-law?
And here are sample questions for the mother-in-law:
- How many compliments will you give to your sister-in-law on your second wedding day?
- How many times will you call your daughter-in-law on a weekend morning?
- How many pans will you give your daughter-in-law for her birthday??
- How many times will you take grandchildren to yourself so that the newlyweds rest?
- How many socks do you tie to your daughter-in-law?
«20 years later»
Here is another option for a good and sincere competition for newlywed parents. Both parents participate in this competition. The bride’s dad is asked to sit on a chair, and his wife go out to another room for a while. Husband is asked leading questions, the answers are written on paper. After that, the wife comes in, she is asked the same questions. They look how much the answers of the spouses agree. At the end of the competition, the newlyweds are given parental advice: to remember their love story in twenty years is as good as their parents remember. Here are some examples of questions:
- Date of your acquaintance?
- Date of your first date?
- When did you first kiss?
- How did you make an offer to your wife?
- The brightest gift at your wedding?
«Identify me by voice»
This fun competition will appeal to all guests. A mother-in-law is participating here, with a blindfold. Seven young people line up in front of her, among them a newly-made son-in-law. Each is given a balloon filled with helium. In turn, they inhale this gas (after it is inhaled, the voice changes, becomes cartoony, funny) and, starting from the first, they say: «Dear, beloved mother-in-law, it's me, your brother-in-law dear!».
The mother of the bride should guess by the voice of her son-in-law, although he becomes almost the same for everyone. At the end of the contest, the host will add something in this regard: «In life, situations are different: angina can happen, get tired at work, drink too much. But in any case, forgive your son-in-law's mistakes. Let's drink for mother-in-law’s love for son-in-law, for their mutual understanding, mutual assistance!».
On this day, grandparents just remember the lullabies. Grandchildren are just around the corner, so training in singing a soothing melody will not hurt. So, two teams participate in the competition:
- the first is mom and dad of the bride,
- the second - the parents of the groom.
The participants are given the words of two different lullabies. At the same time, the teams sing the verses, followed by the chorus. Guests can cheer for the chosen team, help with their singing. The winner will be the team that will sing their opponent. Each team should try to sing louder, bassist, longer. This contest promises to cause a storm of emotions, fun.
«Mom, it's us»
This contest will show how well mom knows the voice of her son-in-law or daughter-in-law. First, the mother of the groom is blindfolded with a scarf, in front of her are the girls, among them the bride. Each of the girls says: «Mom it's me!». The mother-in-law should determine by the voice when her daughter-in-law speaks. The same competition is held for the mother of the bride - mother-in-law. Only in front of her are invited young people lining up, among them will be the groom. At a command, one at a time, everyone says: «Mother-in-law, it's me!». The mother of the bride should recognize the voice of her daughter’s husband.
In this game, the presenter blindfolds the groom’s mother, after which he invites about seven young girls to participate with the bride. They stretch their arms forward. Mom is given the task of finding her daughter-in-law by touching the girls' hands. It will be amusing to invite a young man or child to the team of women. The same thing can be done with the mother of the bride, putting in front of her no more than seven invited guys. The mother-in-law will have to find the son-in-law on the hands of the guys.
Competitions in which parents participate invariably fit into the outline of the holiday. People close to the newlyweds should get their share of attention, show their talents. Trials invariably evoke smiles, not even looking at some ambiguities. Even when the relationship between the older and younger generations is strained, the wedding improves them, and contests give an impetus to take a fresh look at the parents of their half.