- Master class on making a wedding ship out of sweets
- Candy craft design ideas
- DIY tutorial on making a ship out of candy
Each guest on the wedding day wants to pleasantly surprise, delight the newlyweds by making them a unique gift. Truly unique, admirable are handmade items. It can be a bouquet, a savings book for a wedding or a beautiful ship made of sweets. A young family is a new ship that sets off on a happy voyage through family life, so such a gift will not only give joy, but will also be a kind of symbol.
Master class on making a wedding ship out of sweets
Making yourself a charming sweet ship as a gift is simple, most importantly, have patience, time, show a little imagination, and a master class will help create a real masterpiece. First of all, it is necessary to prepare the materials that are needed for the ship, its decoration:
- Foam to create the base, mounting foam.
- Material for sails - organza, satin ribbon for decor.
- PVA glue, scissors, double-sided tape, glue gun, orange sticks (wooden skewers for barbecue).
- Corrugated Paper, Foil.
- Candy (to your taste).
- Additional decorative elements (anchor, funny figures of the bride and groom).
Before you start creating a gift, you need to imagine how everything should look, where what elements will be located, choose the main color and decide on decorative details to decorate the sailboat. After the approximate picture of the final result is ready in imagination or in sketches on paper, we can begin to work. The creative process should result in a charming boat, as in the photo.
Consider the phased production of the ship:
- We cut out the shape of the required dimensions from the foam, fill it with mounting foam. Let the foam dry completely.
- Getting to decorating. First of all, it is worth pasting the base of the ship with corrugated paper of the color that is selected central for your composition. It is important to do this work as carefully as possible, carefully so that there are no white spaces. Add decorative elements on the sides..
- We continue to decorate the base, giving it a festive look. To do this, we cut the organza (or mesh) into pieces and attach to the toothpick with glue or a gun.
- Glue from the skewers of the rail and mast. Cut the sails of the required size and fasten them to the rails.
- The most interesting part - we begin to decorate with sweets. Two decor options are possible - if the shape of the sweets and their wrapper are used in the usual way, then we just glue them on the base. Alternatively, from colored and transparent wrapping paper, you need to make cones into which to put treats, decorate the ship with them. A wonderful handmade gift is ready!
To create any sweet ship, there is a list of necessary materials, without which the production of a work of art, a sweet masterpiece is simply impossible:
- The basis for the future ship. This can be an oblong basket, packaging, shoe box, which was given the necessary shape, polystyrene or construction foam.
- Corrugated paper, which is useful for decorating the basics and creating flowers from sweets.
- To create a mast, rails, long skewers, orange sticks are necessary, and for fixing flowers - toothpicks or safety pins.
- Material for sails - it can be light, airy fabric, floristic mesh, organza, tulle.
- Auxiliary tools: scissors, stationery knife, PVA glue, silicone gun, double-sided and regular tape, metal thread, thin wire.
- Additional decorative elements. It can be a small anchor, small figures, bows, satin ribbons and so on, which is enough for the fantasy of the author of the composition.
Stages of creation
The process of creating a ship from sweets includes three main stages, the observance of which is mandatory:
- The first step is to create the foundation. If there is no ready prototype of a sailboat (basket or box), you need to make it yourself by cutting an elongated blank from foam and giving it the appearance of a ship. Next, you need to cover the workpiece with a cloth or glue it with corrugated paper, mesh.
- At the second stage, we continue to give the workpiece a more realistic look, making the gray base more and more like a ship. We fix the slats to the resulting base and cut out the sails using the selected fabrics. To give the sails a shape, the fabric must be folded in half, glued around the perimeter or sheathed with satin ribbon, securing the wire.
During the second stage, you need to prepare and sweets. Corrugated or wrapping paper can be used to decorate sweets. There are several design options: creating flowers with sweets inside, simply wrapping sweets with wrapping paper in different colors, fixing everything with a bow or tape.
- The third stage is the final stage of preparing the gift, you need to collect all the elements: attach the sails, decorate the blank with sweets, put on a beautiful stand. A delightful gift is ready, the newlyweds will certainly appreciate such creativity.
Candy craft design ideas
In order for the boat to acquire a unique look, each master tries to come up with something new, make his own adjustments, and highlight in the general scheme for creating the composition. This can be non-standard color schemes, the use of additional attributes, for example, statuettes of the bride and groom, a bottle of champagne or elite alcohol, the creation of certain types of ships.
Candy ship with a bottle of champagne
The original way to make a ship out of sweets is to use champagne or other alcohol. The principle of making the composition is the same as when creating a regular ship, but the only caveat is to correctly and beautifully place the bottle so that it fits well with the general theme. It will turn out three gifts in one - a beautiful composition, sweet candies and delicious alcohol.
Ship's hull of sweets hidden in flowers
An original way of decoration is to create a ship's hull from flowers with sweets. Such a composition looks charming, a variety of flowers, as if alive, serve not only as decoration, but also as a delicious treat. Such a gift will not leave indifferent neither the newlyweds, nor other guests. To create such a masterpiece, you will need a lot of sweets and crepe or beautiful wrapping paper to create the basis for flowers for the ship, which together with the newlyweds will go on a happy voyage through family life.
A ship made of sweets with figures of the bride and groom
To create a romantic composition in the form of a ship made of sweets is very simple, you need to choose delicate shades to design the composition, lace and light fabrics. Delicious sweets hidden in flowers will give the gift a special sophistication, but the decorative figures of the bride and groom will become a decisive element. To create them, mastic can be used. Then it will be not only an element of decor, but also a sweet for newlyweds so that their family life is sweet and happy.
DIY tutorial on making a ship out of candy
Learning to make candy compositions on your own will not be difficult, but sometimes the first pancake comes out lumpy, and the day of celebration is very soon and I want to please the lovers with a delightful handmade gift. In this case, you can turn to a specialist for help or advice, but if this is not possible, watch a video with a detailed master class from an experienced needle maker on creating a tender, romantic craft from sweets, which will become an ideal, touching wedding present: