- How to choose
- Wedding Bouquet Options
- Bouquet shape
- DIY wedding bouquet
- Decorative elements
- Bouquet understudy
- How to save a bouquet
An indispensable attribute for a bride on a day crucial in her life is a wedding bouquet. This is a symbol of happiness, love and romance for the bride, which she will keep for many years, periodically taking it out and recalling a beautiful day in her life. Therefore, such a composition should be original, meet all the wishes of the bride and match along with the color scheme of the celebration.
How to choose
Previously, choosing a bouquet for the bride was the bridegroom's responsibility, but nowadays, as a rule, brides choose their own composition, order an attribute, not trusting this important moment to anyone. And it is not surprising, because so many things must be taken into account to make the accessory original, beautiful and consistent with the ceremony as a whole. And also do not forget about the compliance of the composition and the boutonniere of the groom.
Choosing a wedding bouquet is not as easy as it might seem at first glance. When choosing, it is important to consider several significant characteristics and points:
- Flowers First of all, it is worth deciding on the flowers - the choice is simply huge now - starting with roses (which many might call commonplace, but nevertheless it is a classic) to orchids, lilies and lilies of the valley. When choosing flowers, you should pay attention to their seasonality, it is better to choose flowers that correspond to a certain period. So, in winter it is better to make bouquets of carnations, gerberas, roses, chrysanthemums, since summer flowers in winter frosts do not last long «will live». Freesia, calla lilies, hydrangeas, orchids are perfect for a summer wedding. Why is it better to choose seasonal flowers? During the season, their quality is higher, the range is larger, and the cost is lower.
- Color of flowers. Having chosen the type of flowers, it is necessary to determine their color scheme. It is worth noting several important points here: firstly, the color of the composition should overlap and correspond to the color scheme in which the wedding is framed; such a bouquet should look harmonious with the dress of the bride; thirdly, it’s worth choosing the color depending on the color of the bride’s hair. So, blondes are not recommended to use bright, catchy colors in a bouquet so that he does not distract all attention from the bride, but white, nondescript tones are also not an option, since they will merge. It is best to choose flowers in pastel shades. For brunettes, bright colors (red, purple) or white, cream shades are perfect.
- The form. One of the important points, since how the bouquet will look with the bride will depend on the form. Choosing a uniform is based on the style of the dress and veil of the bride, her figure and height.
- Price. Not the last indicator that the bride pays attention to. It is recommended to visit several floristic salons, compare prices and quality of the services offered and opt for the option that is best for you.
Additional tips on choosing a bouquet, you can find out by watching the video presented:
Wedding Bouquet Options
The choice of bouquets for the wedding ceremony is simply huge. They differ in color, shape, and the type of colors used. Each bride will be able to pick up and order such an accessory that she always dreamed about and which would convey her inner state to the maximum.
Recently, there are often bouquets of beads, bouquets of satin ribbons or even candy. They look spectacular, and most importantly, they remain forever in their original form..
Brides rarely consider peonies as an option for flowers to make up a composition for a wedding. Some people think that peonies look very casual and simple. But in the skilled hands of a specialist, peonies are able to transform into an amazing composition that will conquer not only the heart of the bride, but also the ladies surrounding her. As a rule, peonies make out in a round bouquet.
When choosing peonies, it is worth remembering that these are seasonal flowers and it is possible to find them in late spring and early summer. It is necessary to take into account the important point that when working with peonies it is worthwhile to be especially careful, because they quickly bloom in the heat and the composition may lose its original appearance. Therefore, to work with such flowers, you need to find a wonderful florist. Often other flowers (roses, orchids) and plants are used in composition with peonies.
Roses are popular flowers for arranging bouquets. And there are several reasons for this:
- Roses available year round.
- Roses come in many shapes, colors and sizes..
- Go well with other colors.
- Suitable for any image of the bride and for any model of dress.
Roses are very hardy and compositions from them will keep a fresh, excellent appearance all day: in the registry office, during a walk and during a feast, he will not change his appearance. Particular attention should be paid to spray roses, which have small buds and look great in composition with other flowers or larger roses. As a rule, roses make a bouquet-balloon, or a bouquet-hemisphere.
Orchids are flowers that have recently been used in wedding floristry, but have already won the hearts of many girls. Orchids can be of various shapes and colors, so you can choose the ones that you like. These flowers look great and in combination with other flowers and herbs.
Orchids make flowing (cascading) bouquets. They look aristocratic, but the price is not cheap.
Callas are original flowers that, despite their simplicity, look quite impressive and gentle. A wedding calla bouquet will retain its original appearance for a long time, since these flowers are resistant to any weather conditions..
Callas come in different colors, so you can choose the shade that best suits your outfit and makeup.
A gerbera wedding bouquet comes out bright and original. Such flowers are preferred by creative girls who want to stand out. As a rule, gerberas are resistant to various weather conditions and retain their fresh appearance throughout the day. Gerbera compositions are made round or spherical.
Daisies are chosen by sentimental girls. This bouquet looks cute and romantic, despite the simplicity of the flowers themselves. The composition of daisies, as a rule, is made in the form of a hemisphere or circle.
Carnations are autumn flowers, therefore their rich choice will be during this period. Due to the variety of color shades, you can pick up carnations of such a color that would best match the color of the wedding. These flowers are very hardy and are able to maintain excellent appearance throughout the day..
Tulips are especially popular and are in demand in the spring, when the season is for them. They are used very rarely in wedding compositions, but at the same time they look elegant and rich. Often used a combination of tulips with roses or other flowers.
From lilies of the valley
You can find lilies of the valley only in early spring, because if you planned a wedding in October, it is pointless to dream of such flowers as those that make up the wedding arrangement. Such flowers look exquisite. Often, bright greens are used to highlight them. It is possible to use lilies of the valley in composition with other flowers - roses, callas, crocuses and others. When choosing lilies of the valley, it is worth remembering that they have a specific aroma and it is worth being careful that this does not cause allergies or unpleasant headaches.
Chrysanthemums are excellent flowers that are distinguished by stamina and a variety of shapes and shades. Such flowers combine well with roses, gerberas, carnations. It is ideal to use chrysanthemums in the fall, during this period they are especially beautiful and affordable.
Wedding bouquets can be made in different forms, here, what your soul desires: sphere, cascade, structural bouquet, drop, spider bouquet, hemisphere, Biedermeier, glamelia. As an option, it is possible to make in the form of a handbag, a fan, a clutch.
When choosing the form of composition, it is necessary to take into account the style of the dress and the physique of the bride:
- For slender girls of small stature, it is better to use classic small bouquets of elegant shape. In this case, elongated and massive compositions will not work. For tall girls, elongated, cascading and drooping are perfect. For curvy brides, it is best to purchase round, lush flower arrangements.
- Depending on the style and style of the dress, it is worth remembering: vertical compositions are more suitable for long, tight-fitting dresses; round - a classic version and will fit almost any dress, but we will look perfect with a fluffy; the composition in the form of a fan or handbag is perfect for a classic dress. To deal in more detail with the models of dresses and the shape of the bouquet, we suggest paying attention to the presented photo.
DIY wedding bouquet
Making a wedding bouquet with your own hands will be absolutely no difficulty. Here, the main thing is your desire and a little imagination. To create a composition you will need:
- Flowers - buds, petals, branches.
- Satin ribbons or other pen decoration.
- Jewelry in the form of beads, chains, beads
- Flower holder.
First of all, you need to consider the composition, prepare a flower holder (if you will use it). In order for the bouquet to turn out beautiful and neat, it is necessary to break off the extra branches and leaves from the stem. Next, we make a bouquet, substituting flowers and creating a composition that you composed in your thoughts. Tie the bouquet with ribbons and decorate with beads or bows as desired. We offer you to get acquainted with several DIY flower bouquet master classes:
To make the bouquet original and the best, it is often decorated with additional accessories. For example, they use beads, dry twigs, feathers, and also use twigs with berries or elements of artificial flowers. It all depends on your imagination and wishes. As a rule, handles of bouquets that are decorated with beads, satin ribbons or lace, which was used on the bride's dress, lend themselves to decoration..
Often brides order an understudy bouquet. What is it for? Firstly, an understudy is useful if during a photo shoot your bouquet from difficult weather conditions (extreme heat or cold or wind) has lost its irresistible look or wilted like a sponge. Then the understudy will come to the rescue. Secondly, when the bride throws a bouquet at the end of the evening, it is better to use an understudy bouquet for this, because it is usually easier. As a rule, an understudy bouquet is made of lighter materials, and artificial elements are often used. Witnesses walk with him until the bride needs him.
How to save a bouquet
Most brides want to keep the wedding bouquet for many years, because they believe that it will ensure peace in the home. If you want to save the composition, you need to wrap it in thick paper and put it in a dark place for a month so that the bouquet dries, then you can put it in a vase or hide it in a box. Alternatively, it is possible to dry individual elements of flowers - for example, only the heads of roses. Dry them and put them in a box, sprinkled with your favorite perfume. Each time you open the box, you will remember the most exciting and pleasant day of your life. If you liked the article or you have something to add on the topic, how to make and choose a bouquet for the bride - leave your comments.