- Customs and beliefs for a copper wedding
- Woolen wedding is another name for the 7th anniversary of marriage
- How to celebrate the 7th anniversary of married life
- Choosing a venue for the celebration
- What to wear for spouses
- Who to invite
- What should be on the table
- Copper Wedding Scenario
- What to present for a copper wedding
- Copper Wedding: Congratulations
A copper wedding is an anniversary that is celebrated after seven years of family life. It symbolizes the period of marriage, when the husband and wife have already learned to cope with difficulties together, accept each other's shortcomings, and make concessions. Copper is the second metal after cast iron in the name of the anniversary, but unlike the previous material, it is more durable, soft, dishes from it cannot be broken, only melted, shaped. He has yet to undergo a transformation: to become silver, and then gold.
Customs and beliefs for a copper wedding
A traditional copper wedding was carried out with the implementation of customs, the implementation of rituals, many beliefs are associated with it. To this date, from the day of the main celebration, they showed a lot of attention, since the number seven is considered lucky. Copper, which is the symbol of the seven-year anniversary, is still a base metal, but has many useful properties - it heals, easily takes any form, and is durable. This gives a hint to spouses: with due diligence, relationships are easy «to melt», make better.
Ancient customs and traditions for this anniversary:
- To ensure that the family was rich, children were given copper coins, which they wore around their necks and should not be removed. Other measures were also taken: one of the ways to attract money was by slipping coins through the door slot, and afterwards by folding the coppers in the corners of the house.
- There was another peasant rite: the bottom of the plate was filled with coins, covered with sprouted wheat, covered with a light cloth and watered, saying: «Grow grains, bring wealth».
- In the time of Russia, this metal was considered a symbol of household wealth, the wealth of everyday life, so the couple gave each other a copper coin on their seven-year anniversary. A traditional copper wedding did not take place without metal gifts from guests: often they were belts with a buckle for the husband, all kinds of jewelry for the wife, as well as items that are useful in the house.
- That the family lived in abundance, on this anniversary of the husband and wife showered with coins.
At the time of the copper anniversary, 7 years of marriage have passed: the wedding these distant years ago, the spouses no longer remember in detail, but this date should remind them of the strong love that forever bound them together.
Woolen wedding is another name for the 7th anniversary of marriage
A copper wedding has another name - woolen. After the 7 years of the wedding flew by as one instant, the hot flame that burned when they met, died down, became smoother, smoother. Wool symbolizes this warmth, which is intended to warm not only spouses, but also the child. But it is simultaneously prickly, so the wedding anniversary of 7 years should draw the attention of the spouses to the patience that they must show to each other.
How to celebrate the 7th anniversary of married life
A brassy fun wedding can be celebrated at home, quietly, or on a grand scale. First, there is a meeting of guests, lunch, then the spouses accept congratulations, gifts, and after all, games and cool contests are held. A popular entertainment during the copper anniversary is a coin show, when, in front of the eyes of the guests, the animator-smith makes a cold coinage with the names of the spouses. This is a great opportunity to please guests with an unusual performance and receive a memorable status souvenir.
Choosing a venue for the celebration
The place where the copper (woolen) wedding will take place depends on the preferences of the spouses. It can be a cozy little cafe where they will go together, a banquet room of a chic restaurant with many guests, a great interesting scenario, delicious treats, or a small family dinner, for which the spouses will only call their closest relatives and friends. The venue can be decorated with antique copper objects, rushnyks, beautiful posters.
What to wear for spouses
In Russia, by the day of this date, the spouses were supposed to wear special suits, to which all kinds of copper parts were fastened, as well as other ringing, noisy metals. The husband often put on daggers, knives to his suit «sounded», and a woman was attached coins to a sundress. This is due to the belief that the louder the sound comes out, the more fun the future life. This custom is also associated with scaring away evil forces..
Modern couples can take advantage of this fun tradition, but regular holiday wear is also suitable for an anniversary..
Who to invite
A married couple can invite a small circle of guests for a quiet chat at home, but if the couple wants a copper or wool wedding to be fun, make a large list of people you want to see at your celebration. Both of these options are suitable for the seventh anniversary..
What should be on the table
The copper wedding menu should be varied - appetizers, salads, main meat dishes, a delicious side dish. At the end of the celebration, the main dessert should be a cake, which can emphasize an important date with the decoration of the seven flowers used in the decoration. It will turn out to decorate the table itself with copper vases with flowers, candles, coins. See the photo of the seventh anniversary cake below:
Copper Wedding Scenario
A pre-prepared 7-year wedding scenario will help you celebrate the anniversary. If you plan a major celebration in the restaurant, this part of the preparation of the event is necessary. It’s good if a special moderator is invited to ensure that the atmosphere is fun and that the festivity does not lag behind the plan.
What to present for a copper wedding
The list of gifts that is appropriate for spouses to make for the anniversary is diverse, select the ones you like from the proposed list:
- dishes: trays, cutlery, a copper basin for jam;
- jewelry: bracelets, a copper ring with a semiprecious stone (for example, garnet);
- other copper products: caskets, candlesticks to decorate the interior, a horseshoe for good luck, medals that the couple will wear around their neck;
- beautiful paintings, postcards;
- woolen things: mittens, plaids, a ball of thread.
It will also be great to present useful things: dishes, a food processor, a coffee maker, etc..
Copper Wedding: Congratulations
Congratulations and wishes to the couple can be in poetic, prose form, in the form of short comic SMS congratulations. You can find options for congratulations on a copper wedding at the links:
Watch a video of a congratulation on a copper wedding:
A copper or wool wedding is a period of marriage when a husband and wife should pay attention to the bright sides of their relationship. Seven years is only a small part of how much they have to go together as a couple.
Share in the comments how you celebrated the seventh anniversary of marriage? What gift ideas did you like?