- Names of weddings by years from 1 to 100 years
- What are wedding anniversaries besides gold
- What wedding anniversaries are customary to celebrate?
- Anniversaries that do not celebrate
- What is given for wedding anniversaries?
For each wedding anniversary, certain celebration traditions and gift options are provided. The spouses celebrate the family’s birthday only if they managed to build strong, harmonious relationships. What are weddings? Each year the spouses live together has its own name. Glass wedding, leather, copper, ruby, pearl, gold and many others. All these names symbolize the state of family relations at the time of the marked date..
Names of weddings by years from 1 to 100 years
1. A chintz wedding is the first anniversary of the family. Chintz symbolizes the relationship of the spouses during the year after the wedding day - light and beautiful.
2. Paper. Paper can take a different shape, it is malleable. So a young family at this time is formed, finds its own traditions.
3. Leather. Three years have passed since the wedding day, which are considered crucial. Therefore, the family should strive to maintain the relationship, not allowing the tests to break the ties that bind them.
4. Flaxseed. This matter is stronger and more expensive than chintz. The young family has already managed to learn each other's habits, accumulate household utensils and settle down.
5. Wooden. A strong foundation has already been formed in the family by five years of marriage. The love of husband and wife is as strong as a tree.
6. Cast iron. Marriage is getting stronger, relationships are getting stronger.
7. Copper. The relationship of the spouses is similar to this metal - they are soft, plastic, so they easily change their shape.
8. Tin. Symbol of the eighth birthday of the family - shiny tin.
9. Earthenware. During this period, the family sums up important results, prepares for its first anniversary.
10. Pink. The tenth birthday of the marriage is also called tin. Husband and wife by this time have already managed to get to know each other, have withstood many trials and strengthened their feelings. Wife on wedding anniversary puts on pink dress.
11. Steel. Family relations managed to be polished, to become smooth, mirror, smooth, like steel.
12. Nickel. Relations between spouses need a breath of freshness. To do this, on the twelfth birthday of the family, remember the brightness and richness of the first years of marriage.
13. Lacy. The intricacies of fate brought husband and wife thirteen years ago. Celebrate the wedding anniversary in a close cozy circle of loved ones.
15. Glass. The family must remember that glass can break if handled carelessly. Therefore, you need to take care of marriage.
20. Porcelain. Do not forget to invite your family and friends to this wedding anniversary. Prepare a festive dinner, organize interesting fun contests. Make sure that the dishes on the table are porcelain. It is believed that it attracts luck to the family, makes the union stronger.
25. Silver. The twenty-fifth wedding anniversary is a serious date. No wonder so much is devoted to her poems and songs. The love of spouses who managed to keep their love for twenty-five years is tempered like silver.
30. Pearl. By the thirtieth wedding anniversary, the couple is aware of the value of their relationship, which no one can destroy. Their love is a pearl.
35. Linen. After many years, the family is perceived as a kind of unity, canvas. It has many threads that are tightly intertwined. Threads symbolize children and grandchildren.
37.5. Aluminum After so many years of marriage, the relationship between husband and wife becomes light but strong, like aluminum.
40. Ruby. The symbol of the wedding is a stone of love, eternally burning feelings of spouses who will never go out.
42. Mother of pearl. Magical properties are attributed to this substance, superstitious people believe that mother of pearl strengthens husband-wife relations and attracts well-being, joy to their home..
43. Flannel. Many people ignore this date. However, lovers of family holidays can arrange a modest dinner with their closest relatives on their forty-third anniversary..
44. Topaznaya. The wedding anniversary is named after a durable, sparkling stone that plays with iridescent colors. Relations of spouses also play in different shades..
45. Sapphire. Since this gem symbolizes eternity, it is believed that the forty-fifth wedding anniversary personifies the faithfulness of the wife and husband to each other.
50. Gold. Some couples celebrate this holiday in the registry office, others celebrate in a restaurant or at home, gathering family and friends around them.
60. Diamond. For sixty years, the couple of anniversaries coped with all the difficulties, living happy and woeful moments. Marriage is as solid as diamond.
65. Iron wedding. The symbol of the holiday is strong material, and if the marriage has lived up to this date, then its strength is high, like that of iron.
67.5. Stone. Such interim wedding anniversaries are not celebrated by everyone..
70. Noble. Seventy-year-old wine is called noble, and couples who have managed to save their marriage for seventy years are rightfully considered «withstand». And their love has no value.
75. Crown. This is the name of the wedding because it crowns the happy life of a husband and wife.
100. Red. The name of this anniversary was given by one centenarian from Azerbaijan, who lived with his wife in love and harmony for a century.
What are wedding anniversaries besides gold
Some wedding dates are important, others are not. What kind of weddings are there, we figured out, but which of them are considered anniversaries? Anniversaries are silver (25 years), gold (50 years), diamond (60 years) and others, multiple «5», wedding dates. In their honor, the spouses gather the whole family, friends, arrange a magnificent celebration. However, there is no reason not to mark other, less significant, dates. It refreshes the relationship of the spouses, pleases the guests and leaves pleasant memories.
What wedding anniversaries are customary to celebrate?
As a rule, only the most important wedding anniversaries are celebrated. But each family decides by what date to arrange a celebration. You can celebrate chintz (1 year), pewter (10 years), crystal (15 years), pearl (30 years) weddings. This list, if desired, is worth continuing. Gather the guests who were invited to the wedding, decorate the banquet hall according to the holiday theme and relive the wonderful emotions of that day.
Anniversaries that do not celebrate
What are weddings? There are those that are allowed to be ignored, in honor of others you still need to arrange a holiday. Traditionally, it is not customary to celebrate 16th, 17th and 19th anniversaries, the names of which are not even indicated in serious sources. However, some spouses prefer to arrange an annual celebration or a modest candlelit dinner in honor of the wedding day. You should not take a family holiday as a waste of money or time, because such pleasant experiences fill our life with meaning.
What is given for wedding anniversaries?
A great idea for a wedding anniversary gift would be new engagement rings - more beautiful and more expensive than the ones the couple exchanged at the wedding ceremony. By the solemn date, the symbol of which is any gem, you can present the second half with an ornament inlaid with it. Some couples melt old rings into new ones or store them as a keepsake. A woman can hang her old ring on a chain and wear it around her neck.
Since a wedding’s birthday is a celebration of a married couple, creating a photo album will be a good solution as a gift. Select the pictures that display the happiest moments of the couple: a kiss in the registry office, the birth of children and grandchildren, family holidays. With the coming anniversaries, the album will be replenished with new pictures. If you wish, you can name these photos or write a short memory related to the events depicted..
Create a treasure box that will become an original gift for the holiday. A beautifully designed drawer will store the most important items for your family. They can be dried flowers, wedding invitations, airline tickets of visited countries and cities, an ultrasound record of the expectant mother, cards, letters, and other significant things presented to each other.
For each anniversary, spouses decided to present a symbolic gift. If it is a chintz or linen wedding, then the family is presented with items from the appropriate fabrics (shawls, bedclothes), and glassware and glassware are presented with dishes. By the day of the aluminum or nickel wedding, traditionally present kitchen utensils, home decoration. However, the most popular gifts for the anniversary of the creation of the family are jewelry that the spouses themselves give each other.