Not only wedding omens were paid attention, appointing a wedding day. In Russia, there were periods in the year when it was not accepted to start a wedding. First of all, during the posts:
- Of the great,
From January 7 to January 20 - from the birth of Christ to the Epiphany.
On the eve of other church holidays:
- To Shrovetide.
- September 11 - Day of the Beheading of John the Baptist.
- September 27 - Exaltation of the Holy Cross.
- May 13 is the day of St. James the Apostle. Matchmaking on this day was considered a mockery. June 11 - the day of the martyr Theodosius of Tire and St. John.
- July 16 - the day of the martyr Iakinf, St. Philip, Metropolitan of Moscow.
- February 29 - the day of the Monk Cassian of Rome.
There are other forbidden dates that can be found out in the church, as well as days of the week, dates.
Compliance with some wedding folk signs promised the newlyweds a comfortable and joyful life.
- Do not allow to measure a wedding ring.
- To make life rich, a coin was put in the right boot.
- According to signs, the young need to fasten a pin on the clothes, head down - from the evil eye, but so that it is not visible.
- In the wedding dress of the bride should be: something taken from friends, something worn, on the hem of the skirt you need to make two stitches in an inconspicuous place, the shoes should be closed.
- The bride should cry on the eve - for good luck.
- Before the ceremony, the mother gives the bride a family heirloom - a kind of amulet, which is then stored. This tradition can be laid precisely at your wedding..
- Before the wedding, the bride should not look at herself in the mirror when fully dressed, you can look without any element of attire: gloves, veils.
- According to the wedding folk sign, the bouquet that the groom gave was not to be let out of the hands. If necessary, you can trust to hold his groom or mother, but not girlfriends. Let the bouquet out of your hands - miss the bliss
- As soon as the bride goes to the registry office, the mother needs to symbolically clean the floors. It was believed that it would be easier for a young wife to enter a new home, family.
- To leave the house, going to the wedding or to the registry office, the bride should cover herself with a veil, from the evil eye. You can open it only at the place of registration, rite.
- After the young people exchanged rings, none of them should take an empty plate, a box where the rings lay. You can entrust this to single, single friends.
- According to wedding folk signs, parents should make sure that none of the guests adjusts the clothes on the newlyweds.
- No one should stand between bride and groom on this day..
- To have a long life, the newlyweds should blow out the wedding candles at the same time.
- After the wedding, look in the mirror together - for a friendly and happy life.
- When leaving the church, the registry office is sprinkled with rice, other grains, coins, petals, so that life would be rich.
- The road to a wedding celebration should not be too straight; it is customary to go along a difficult, ornate path to confuse evil spirits. For the same purpose, tuples were decorated with bells according to long-standing wedding folk signs..
- Approaching the place of further festivities, you need to loudly honk, scare away evil spirits.
- The newlyweds should dance on this day only together. And only parents have the right to several dances, after which they bring the newlyweds again to each other - connect.
- Young people should cut the wedding cake together: the bride - cuts, the groom - supports the knife. The groom puts a piece of cake with a pattern on a plate to the bride, the bride - to the groom and only then to the guests. This wedding omen symbolizes support and mutual care.
- By the time the bride will throw the bouquet, you need to prepare in advance, order another similar bouquet. It is he who is thrown by the bride, and takes his own, presented by the groom, with him to the bedroom.
- The tradition of removing the veil: a girl and a boy are chosen, who will play the role of the bride and groom. She wears a veil, and he is decorated with flowers - a boutonniere.
- There is another opinion about this wedding folk sign: the veil and boutonniere should be stored as a relic.
- A newly-married relative prepared the bed for the newlyweds, laying pillows so that the pillowcases cut into contact.