- Tulips in the image of a bride and groom
- Tulip wedding design ideas (photo)
- Wedding accessories using tulips
The idea of decorating a wedding with tulip decorations comes when the newlyweds want to bring romance and tenderness on the solemn day, emphasizing their love with these spring flowers. A tulip wedding will surprise all guests if you create a decor using these spring flowers in the form of separate compositions or the original panel adorning the wall behind the newlyweds table. Depending on the shape, size, color of the bud, the variety of tulips, you can decorate them with chairs, a table, a car of the newlyweds, a hall for a banquet.
Tulips in the image of a bride and groom
Trends of modern weddings suggest that the banquet hall, hairstyle or bridal bouquet, groom’s boutonnieres are decorated with fresh flowers. Choosing the theme of the celebration, it is worth giving preference to the symbol of spring and love - the tulip decor. With it, you can transform the wedding dress. Just add a small tulip flower, securing it to your belt. The use of these flowers in the decor of a thematic wedding helps to emphasize the spring and delicate image of the bride and groom.
In order for the groom to completely harmonize with the image of the bride with his appearance, it is also necessary to include tulip elements in his clothes. For example, they can be used in a print on a tie newlyweds. Or at the heart of the groom’s boutonniere may be a small tulip flower. Do not worry that fresh flowers will be problematic to preserve throughout the wedding day. The tulip is considered persistent, able to be without water for a long time without losing its shape and appearance.
Tulip wedding design ideas (photo)
Banquet room decor
To decorate a banquet hall of a thematic wedding using tulips, you can hire a professional florist or do it yourself. In the tulip decor, you can use fresh flowers, complementing them with artificial ones. In order to take into account all the moments when decorating the banquet hall, first make a list of zones that need to be decorated. It is important to pay attention to the following things:
1. Tulip arch. If you plan to organize an exit ceremony, then you need to start the decoration from the arch. It is advantageous to decorate the vertical arched rods with artificial white and peach tulips. Near the arch, place two large vases with fresh flowers on the stand, combining cream and pink shades. After the ceremony, instruct the administrator to transfer the arch to the banquet hall.
2. The table of the newlyweds. During the gala banquet, all the guests' attention will be focused on the table, at which the newlyweds are sitting. Therefore, it is important to pay attention to its decoration. Choose a tablecloth from a dense fabric of apricot color, and use light pink chiffon for the table skirt. Near the newlyweds, you can put two wide vases of tulips filled with cream-colored flowers. Do not forget to decorate the guests' tables in the banquet hall, placing small tulip compositions in the center of the tables.
3. Walls and ceiling. Placement of single tulips on lamps or chandeliers will help to refresh the appearance of the room in which the wedding will take place. On the walls you can hang small but wide vases filled with purple tulips and green apples on the flowerpots. If the wedding is planned in the spring, then the use of fresh flowers in the decor of the banquet hall will significantly save the budget. A more expensive option would be to decorate it with tulips in the autumn-winter season. The use of artificial floral decorations will be a good alternative to this method..
4. Color. Your tulip themed celebration will be complemented by a cake, the base of which will be a peach or apricot hue. It is recommended to refrain from pure white, as in wedding photographs all the patterns and reliefs on the cake will be invisible. The ideal option for the colors of the pastry masterpiece is the shade of the bride’s dress or the prevailing color in the wedding bouquet.
Wedding accessories using tulips
Tulips can decorate the bride’s hairstyle by weaving several flowers in a braid or securing them from behind in curls. Earrings or pendants made in the shape of these flowers can be additional tulip jewelry. If the wedding takes place in spring, you can ask the florist to create an exclusive accessory for you in the form of a wreath of small tulips. This jewelry is suitable for the bride with long straight hair. When choosing a veil, we recommend that you pay attention to the tulle with embroidery or floral appliqués.
Tulip accessories must be present on the witness. For her, you need to create a small bracelet in your hand, decorated with flowers, which will be combined with the bride’s dress and her bouquet. Also, the witness can complement her hairstyle with live tulips by attaching them to a rim or hairpin. In order for your friends to dress in harmony with the theme of the wedding, you can put a small floral arrangement on his belt.
The bride's bouquet
The bouquets of the bride, completely consisting of tulips, look elegant and stylish. They help emphasize the quivering image of the bride. Tulip bouquets go well with lush, straight dresses or style «mermaid». The bouquet will seem more modern if the florist creates it from bright pink tulips, adding elements of white lace, a gold cord and small pearls. To preserve the tulip bouquet throughout the day, handle it carefully without turning over and protecting it from the scorching sun.
Floral arrangements can consist of plain tulips or combine several shades. If you chose flowers of red or coral shades for a bouquet, then they will be associated with passionate and passionate love, and flowers of pastel colors will create the impression of innocence and tenderness. Tulips are spring flowers, so if the wedding is planned in the winter, florists will order a tulip bouquet from eastern countries or the Netherlands, which will significantly increase the final purchase price.
Invitations and cards for guests
Choosing an individual design for wedding invitations, you should give preference to a tulip print. Additionally, on the front side of the postcard you can indicate the initials of the bride and groom, the date of the wedding or a romantic quote. If you prefer original options for invitations, you can decorate them with voluminous elements. For decoration, choose pink beads, small pearls, pearl buttons, satin ribbons, appliqués in the form of butterflies or tulips. Guests receiving such an invitation will be intrigued by the upcoming wedding..
To ensure that there is no confusion among the guests during the start of the gala banquet, modern traditions include the availability of seating cards containing the name, surname and seat number. Tulip decorations should also be present on these individual guest plates. A small transparent wine glass with a tulip located near each plate will help to emphasize such a card. And the bonbonnieres with tulip bulbs will be a great memorable gift for your guests.
A wedding cake
The final accent of your tulip celebration will be a carefully selected wedding cake. The perfect design of this culinary masterpiece will surely surprise all guests at the climax of the gala evening. To make your choice correctly, remember a few criteria that should be considered when ordering a wedding cake:
- Weight. You need to order a cake for the wedding after you find out the exact number of invited guests. This indicator will help to calculate the necessary weight of the ordered confectionery. Professional confectioners recommend taking as a basis for the calculation - 150-250 grams of cake for each guest. For example, if you plan to invite 60 guests, then the weight of the entire product cannot be less than 9 kg (0.150 * 60 = 9).
- The form. Depending on the selected weight, you can choose a round, square, heart-shaped, multi-tiered shape. If the estimated weight of the confectionery is about 4 kg, then a cake consisting of one tier of a round shape will look more elegant. If you dream of a three-tier masterpiece, you should order a product weighing from 7 kg.
- Decoration. To comply with the theme of the wedding, a tulip decor must be present on the cake. The use of small boutonnieres of fresh flowers, multi-colored beads, pieces of lace, swans or statuettes of the newlyweds is not ruled out. You can also decorate the cake with edible elements made of mastic..
- Be sure to coordinate with the pastry chef the time and place of delivery of the cake to your wedding. The most acceptable option would be to receive a culinary masterpiece 3-4 hours before its solemn removal.
Do you want to try yourself as a pastry chef and decorate your wedding cake yourself? By watching the video below, you will learn how to create a tulip-like decoration from sugar mastic.