- Jewelry Ring Sizes – why you need to know
- International tables for male and female rings
- How to determine your size
- Ring sizes. Correspondence table: China, Russia, USA, Europe
- Size chart from Ali Express website
When buying a ring, it is important to know the required size, especially if you buy a ring online, on foreign sites. Different countries measure differently. – There are European, Russian, American, English, Japanese and other tables. The international ring size chart below will help you determine this yourself, and then purchase an accessory that is good «will sit down» on the finger.
Jewelry Ring Sizes – why you need to know
In order not to make a mistake when choosing a ring, it is important to know the width, the diameter of the circumference of the finger. Knowing the size of the jewelry, you will save time spent searching for products in the store or ordering products from the network. For example, a ring that is sold in Germany will be different from Russian – the dimensional value varies depending on the units of measurement (centimeters, inches). A piece of jewelry is suitable if you know exactly the individual dimensions of the ring.
International tables for male and female rings
The Russian table of sizes of male and female rings is compared with the European one based on the mathematical relationship between the dimensional indicators. The value is determined by accurate calculation. With European rings, things are easier than with American and Japanese. In Russia, the size of the ring is determined by the inner diameter, in Europe – circumference.
To understand what European dimensional indicators of the ring correspond to Russian, you need to measure the inner diameter of the jewelry, multiply it by 3.14 («pi») If an inverse comparison is performed, i.e. if you need to know the Russian size corresponding to the European one, then the first one needs to be divided by 3.14.
Formulas for determining the numbers that will correspond to foreign indicators:
- American = (Russian – 11.5): 0.83.
- Japanese = (Russian + 12.67) * 3.
- English = (Russian – 11.5): 0.4.
How to determine your size
There is a method that will help determine the diameter of a suitable decoration: take a thread, a strip of paper (width – half a centimeter) or lace, grasp your finger. Make sure that the rim easily passes through the lower phalanx, is removed and put on, but sat tight, especially on the base. When you are convinced that the ring thread is sitting well, mark the intersection marker with a marker, then use the ruler to look at the value in millimeters, divide by 3.14 – this is your size.
Another method for determining – fitting in the store. It is more accurate, but here there are several nuances, knowing which you will get a reliable result:
- On the left and right hand, the indicators will be different, because the left hand is slightly smaller. Each finger should be measured separately, as they all have different widths..
- In hot weather fingers become thicker than in cold temperatures. Therefore, if you buy a ring in the summer, there is a chance that it will subside in the winter.
- Whether the accessory is suitable will also depend on the width of the product – if it is from eight millimeters, it is better to take the jewelry half the size larger, thin rings, on the contrary, should sit firmly.
- A large amount of fluid drunk can also affect the change in dimensional indicators during the fitting, because the body swells slightly.
- Ask the seller to let you try on several jewelry with the same dimensional indicators, but of different widths, this will allow you to understand if you need to choose another option – more or less (depending on the thickness of the product).
- The ring should not rub the joint, it is difficult to pass through the lower phalanx.
- Do not try on after serious physical exertion..
- The jewelry should sit comfortably, be easily removed and be safely put back on. Try to remove and put on the ring several times to evaluate whether it fits comfortably on your finger.
If you choose a gift – elegant engagement ring with a diamond for a loved one, you can determine the circumference of her ring finger with gloves. Rarely does selection take place according to the size of the clothes: if a girl wears things up «M»-Ki, it is unlikely that the dimensional indicator will exceed 17.5 mm. There is another way to determine a suitable ring circumference by standard standards – this is a finger meter (look at the photo):
Ring sizes. Correspondence table: China, Russia, USA, Europe
Size chart from Ali Express website
Ali express – a large online store that supplies products worldwide, it includes accessories and rings. Below is a scale where there is a circle diameter – It corresponds to the Russian size.
Accurately determining the circumference of your finger will help you find the right ring size. Based on the tables, you can safely order products online.
Tell us in the comments if you order foreign products via the Internet and whether jewelry purchased in this way is suitable for you..