- What is Candy Bar?
- What is included in the wedding candy bar?
- Making a sweet table at a wedding - photo
- Do-it-yourself hand-made candy bar master class
- Wedding Cupcake Recipe Video
Western traditions have become very popular during weddings in Russia and the CIS. From there, modern couples gleaned the already well-known theme celebrations, visiting marriage registrations, the European table layout during the banquet ... They did not pass by «sweet» side of the western celebration - Candy Bar. This interesting detail of the buffet event looks beautiful, helps to emphasize the style of the wedding, gives guests the opportunity to enjoy delicious sweets at any time.
What is Candy Bar?
Candy bar is the so-called European «sweet table». It is a buffet table on which various types of sweets, lollipops, pastries, cookies, marmalade, etc. are located. When there is a break between dances or numbers of the competitive program, the candy bar allows the main characters of the wedding and everyone present to enjoy delicious sweet dishes. Such a facility is used everywhere - during weddings, during birthdays, anniversaries, at any other parties.
At the wedding, a bar with refreshments will be a great decoration detail - all the elements of the table with sweets can be selected in a single color scheme. Candy Bar does not cancel the appearance of the festive cake at the end of the banquet. A table with sweets will become a magnificent decoration of the hall, while those present wait for the cake. At the very beginning of the holiday, the candy bar will pleasantly surprise those who come with its beauty, originality of design, unusual dishes selected by the newlyweds.
At the end of the wedding banquet, the newlyweds can announce to the guests that they can take all the sweets that are present in the candy bar. So, a pleasant compliment from the beginning of the holiday will turn into an unexpected gift. Newlyweds can prepare in advance bonbonnieres for everyone present, so that one or more elements of the candy bar fit there. Keep in mind that most of the dishes by then can already be eaten. It is advisable to stock up on an additional set of sweets that will wait in the kitchen, already packed.
What is included in the wedding candy bar?
What elements to choose for a candy bar for a wedding - to decide, first of all, for future spouses. A set of sweets will depend on the style of the celebration, the personal taste preferences of the bride and groom, as well as the time of year if a fruit table is planned. If the newly-married couple wants to please everyone, they need to pick up many different types of desserts - light and airy, with lots of cream and filling, nuts, fruits, chocolate, etc. What sweets are suitable for a wedding candy bar?
All kinds of sweets and desserts
Having decided that Candy Bar will be present at the wedding, future spouses will have to select options for dishes for him. It is better to give preference to light desserts that do not create heaviness in the stomach, as well as those sweets that will simply be picked up or eaten right away. It is unlikely that it will be convenient for guests to have a bite to eat because they can stain a suit if they are mistreated. Here are some sweets usually used to design a candy bar:
- Chocolate covered strawberries. This option is appropriate in cases where the wedding takes place in the summer, during the ripening season of this berry. Then buying or preparing such a dish for a candy bar will not cost too much. Instead of strawberries, newlyweds can use other fruits. For example, bananas, raspberries, oranges, tangerines, grapes, seedless cherries. Sweetness can be served both simply on special napkins and on long graceful toothpicks. Coconut, nut chips, icing sugar will decorate the dish.
- Fruit in caramel. Such a sweet dessert for a quick snack will surely please those invited to the wedding - a variety of fruits with a crispy crust taste good. Serve this sweetness to the guests in the candy bar in the form of pieces planted on toothpicks or small skewers on wooden skewers.
- Cupcakes. These airy sweet cakes resemble cupcakes stuffed with top and inside, they will become bright details of the candy bar. Newlyweds can invite those present at the wedding to choose some kind of cupcakes with different fillings. At the time of ordering these sweets, future spouses will have to look at many different ways to design a candy bar and choose the right option.
Cake pops. Such an unusual dish looks festive, original and interesting. Sweetness is a biscuit balls in chocolate or icing from it, decorated with all kinds of confectionery elements. This detail of the candy bar is especially loved by children, it attracts attention and causes appetite. Cake pops are usually served on wooden skewers..?
- Cookies «Macaron». This French candy bar dessert has won the love of sweet tooth from all over the world. Cookies are prepared using ground almonds, and its manufacturers also add food colors to get mouth-watering sweets of the desired color. Then two baked cookies combine with a delicious filling. Macaron is ideal for decorating a Paris-style candy bar and more. Newlyweds can order them in any color, according to the theme of the wedding.
- Marshmallow. These European sweets are a cross between marshmallows and marshmallows. Marshmallows come in different colors, tastes, shapes, sizes. What treats will be in the wedding candy bar - depends on the preferences of the newlyweds. Marshmallows served in special small vases or on toothpicks.
- Cream baskets. Lush, airy cream in cookie baskets, beloved from childhood, will surely please those present. To keep the cakes fresh, future spouses can order sweets with fruit filling or berries laid inside the basket for the candy bar. This dessert is served on a regular or multi-tiered tray.
- Eastern sweets. If an exotic wedding is planned, the bride and groom can make a candy bar with oriental treats - this will be unusual and interesting. Guests will be able to discover something new, try tastes unknown to them until this day. But such sweets may not appeal to everyone. Additionally, put something more familiar on the candy bar table - chocolates, cookies, marmalade.
- Sweets of different nations of the world. If the style of the celebration reflects the traditions of a particular country, find out about the favorite desserts of its inhabitants, and then treat them to guests at the wedding, offering candy bars among the sweets. Such a surprise will definitely surprise and delight those present, and will provide an opportunity to better understand the culture of another state. But, as is the case with oriental sweets, carefully select desserts, and write the composition on special plates.
- Chocolate fountain. This wonderful device is suitable for a rich wedding, it looks amazing. Newlyweds can rent a chocolate fountain. Such devices come in different sizes - for small weddings and large-scale weddings. Near the fountain, put fruits and other dishes that guests can «to dip» in melted chocolate.
In addition to the above sweets, you can use any others that you yourself love. It can be glazed gingerbread cookies, sugar marmalades, chocolates, Raffaello, dried fruits, caramelized nuts, glazes, profiteroles, truffles, candies. Ideally, more than seven types of sweets are selected for the candy bar so that people invited to the wedding can eat a slice of each dessert. Servings should be small, best for one or two bites, so that it is easy and convenient to have a sweet bite during a program break or between dances.
Beverages in matching colors.
To support the style of the wedding, sweets, it is advisable to choose the appropriate tones, this also applies to drinks. Newlyweds can decorate the candy bar with a variety of juices - apple, orange, strawberry-banana, cherry, as well as alcoholic and non-alcoholic punches. A good drink for a table of sweets will be compote, cooked on fresh fruits or dried fruits. To make the color more intense, the bride and groom can add some food coloring to the drinks..
Making a sweet table at a wedding - photo
An important part of decorating a banquet hall as a whole is the design of a candy bar at a wedding. One of his main tasks is to attract attention. Well, if all the sweets will be the same color or several suitable tones, for example pink, white, sand. The beautiful decor of the candy bar will look beneficial during the photo shoot. The main elements of decoration are, first of all, the corresponding dishes, as well as textiles, printing, figurines.
Crockery is an important part of the decor of a wedding candy bar. Charming jars with lids, lovely crystal bowls, vases, multi-tier coasters, multi-colored trays, cups will be the perfect decoration. It is desirable that all elements of the dishes fit each other in style, be the same color or close. For themed weddings, caskets, large open shells from pearls, jars of jam, baskets, even bird nests can serve as sweet stands for sweets.
A suitable mood will be created by additional accessories for decorating the candy bar. There are many options for its decor, interesting ideas will be discussed below. Newlyweds should think carefully about what elements will become most suitable for a wedding:
- Natural flowers. Such a solemn, elegant design will look great.
- Photos of the newlyweds. If the main characters of the wedding put on a table with sweets several joint pictures, guests will be able to admire them during the choice of treats.
- Figurines, figures. Candy bar decor elements that reflect the theme of the wedding are ideal for the event..
- Textile. Tablecloths, ribbons, lace napkins, bows - all this should be done in the same style, harmoniously combined with each other.
- Balloons. Candy bar helium jewelry with sweets will create a truly festive, fun atmosphere.
- Cards with the names of dishes. So that guests of the wedding celebration know the name of a particular sweet, what is included in its composition, where it comes from, future spouses print out cards with relevant information in the printing industry.
- Candles These details will help to create a cozy atmosphere at the wedding. Elegant long or small candles will elegantly decorate the table with sweets.
Where can I find label templates?
Candy Bar can become not only a place for sweets, but also a stand for bonbonnieres. Their guests will take with them. Boxes with sweets, as well as sweets, chocolates wrapped with labels with the names of the newlyweds and parting words for the guests, can serve as small gifts for those invited to the wedding. Label templates for sweets you can find on the Internet or draw them yourself. The selected option must be printed in printing.
Do-it-yourself hand-made candy bar master class
To make a sweet table with your own hands, you will need: a large tablecloth or fabric of a suitable color, several boxes, elegant plates, multi-tiered coasters, sweets, skewers or toothpicks. The first thing to do is cover the table with a tablecloth. Then wrap the boxes with the same fabric or matching the tone, put the largest back, those smaller are closer. The heroes of the occasion can put some treats on trays and coasters on them, and arrange other dishes with sweets on the table. See in the video below how to design a candy bar:
Tips for making a rustic candy bar
Rustic or rustic style wedding design is a popular trend in fashion. To make a table with sweets in a rustic style, the heroes of the occasion should choose natural fabrics - cotton, linen, wool. Burlap and coarse threads are perfect for decorating a candy bar. As coasters, trays for dishes, use wooden plates, jars of jam. It is good if the table with sweets is made of wood. Knitted napkins, bottles, candles will serve as an excellent decor for a candy bar..
Provence Sweet Table Ideas
Provence style is a beautiful, picturesque plants, an abundance of lilac, pink, white, natural materials, delicate pastel colors, French sophistication in the design of dishes. The main characters of the wedding can cover the table of the candy bar with a linen tablecloth, abundantly decorate it with lavender flowers, peonies, and field herbs. As a treat, pasta cookies, cupcakes, gingerbread cookies, croissants are suitable. Additionally, the candy bar will be decorated with lace napkins, bows, candles, plates with a floral pattern, elegant trays.
Wedding Cupcake Recipe Video
Cupcakes are a great sweet treat for a candy bar. Design style and color can be any - orange, blue, pale pink, lemon. To save money, you can prepare a delicious dessert yourself or entrust the production of sweets to close relatives and friends. The video below shows a detailed recipe for creating original sweet cupcakes for a wedding candy bar: