Wedding capes are an indispensable attribute for the bride in the cold weather season, because not all celebrations can take place in the summer, most of it falls in the fall. These wraps, created using warm materials, perfectly complement the future outfit of the future wife. Wraps so well fit into the wedding fashion that they began to make them with the help of lighter materials and worn in warm weather. They demonstrate the nobility, grace, beauty of the bride, emphasize her modesty, purity. The main thing in her choice is to choose the fabric and style that matches the dress.
Fur coats and capes for a wedding dress
The choice of the style of the wedding cape depends on the time of the year when the celebration will take place, the style of the dresses, the general surroundings of the wedding, the personal preferences of the bride. In order to feel warm, comfortable at such an important event, capes created with the help of fur or swan fluff are ideal. Regardless of what material was used for tailoring the solemn wrap, it comes in the following configurations:
- Fur coat. An elegant coat with natural or artificial fur, which will help the bride to feel warm, confident even in cold winter time. This will allow her to calmly participate in a long walk at a wedding photo shoot.
- Bolero is a small jacket-cape with long or short sleeves that opens and emphasizes the neckline area. An ideal wedding cloak for moderately cold weather and in warm weather. Bolero can be made using almost any fabric: lace, cashmere, organza, satin. It will add to the image of the bride nobility, elegance, modesty (indispensable during the wedding), beauty, grace. If necessary, it will perfectly hide the defects of the arms and back when choosing a sleeveless dress.
- Sweater - a sweater will add coziness to the wedding image of the bride. It can be whole, wide, with a smell, or white, pastel and bright colors. It will look good not only at a celebration in the style of minimalism, country, rustic, but also at chic, sophisticated weddings with the right fit and color of the sweater.
- A boa is a short fur cape that is worn on the shoulder area and connected with a brooch, decorative pin, braid or tied together. It resembles a collar, and therefore on its ends paws and faces of animals can flaunt. This is a status retro element that will look appropriate at any modern wedding. Adds sophistication to the wedding dress.
- Boa is a medium-length scarf created with feathers and down. Looks spectacular in combination with the bride’s wedding dress, emphasizing her lightness, airiness.
- The stole is a long wide scarf. Often made using organza, satin, velvet, satin, lace. Perfectly emphasizes the sophistication, sophistication of the bride, used in winter and summer, as well as after the wedding. It can be bright or matching the wedding dress, depending on the decorative feasibility of the whole celebration.
- Coat - emphasizes the elegance of the entire wedding composition and reliably protects the bride from the cold. It can be combined with a long and short dress, can be of different styles: with a collar and without it, with long sleeves and?, With additional fur trim and classically minimalist.
Winter from natural fur
A wedding cloak for winter is a must. However, choosing it correctly, the bride can decorate her outfit and make it even more elegant. Natural fur capes meet all the necessary requirements: they will warm the bride, add high cost, charm to her image, can have a variety of style decisions (boa, fur coat, fur boa or bolero).
Compared with faux fur products, natural fur products will look solid, elegant, expensive, will serve their mistress for a long time, reliably, giving her warmth and beauty.
Swan Down Wraps
Cloaks for cool weather for an autumn wedding do not have to be especially warm. To emphasize the airiness of the wedding image, to make the appearance of fur in the clothes of the bride, manufacturers of accessories use swan fluff on a non-blown lining. Its villi resemble fur from the side, but the product comes out not so warm, but rather airy, light. If we keep in mind the wedding symbolism of the swan, such a cloak would be especially appropriate at a wedding.
DIY wedding wrap: pattern
It is easy to make a wedding wrap for the bride with your own hands: saving on work, spending money only on material; having made such a wrap that you want, especially if the stores did not find a suitable.
We bring to your attention a pattern and step-by-step instructions for sewing a bolero wrap, which will perfectly emphasize your wedding outfit:
- Choose, buy fabric. Any fabric is suitable for this type of wrap, but it is desirable that it be a little stretching - then it will be easier for the bride to put it on. It can be knitwear, faux fur with elastic lining, velvet, guipure and others. Need a cut of 150 by 50 cm.
- Cut the part according to the pattern. The dotted line on it indicates the parts of the product (sleeves) that can be sewn separately.
- Cuffs, collar - decorate with fur, swan fluff or fabric, which trimmed the wedding dress itself. All this is appropriate only if the bolero is not transparent. Sleeves can be cut from other material.
- Overlock the top, bottom of the cape.
- Fold in half along the wide part, sew along the curves.
- Sew the length of the sleeve or leave it as is - the sleeve will be small.
- Overlock the bottom of the sleeves, add decor elements.
- The cape is ready! You can see how this bolero looks like, using the 2014 BELFASO wedding collection as an example: