- Types of Wedding Gloves
- Glove fabric
- DIY wedding gloves
- How to choose gloves for a wedding dress
- Wear Etiquette
«New is well forgotten old» - This proverb also applies to such an element of the wedding attire as gloves. This accessory was relevant in the early 18th century, when the fair sex wore it daily. Later, they were put on by high-ranking ladies at secular receptions, using only in the evening toilet. And in the 21st century, wedding gloves returned to fashion and are popular. They give the image of the bride elegance and sophistication..
Types of Wedding Gloves
This attribute of the bride’s outfit differs in several ways: by design, pattern, length, fabric used to make them, number of buttons.
Consider the models that are in demand:
- Classic. Long, above the elbow, stitched, usually from satin.
- Mitts. Short dress elements not reaching the middle of the forearm, for the manufacture of which lace or lace fabrics are used. Especially relevant in the summer.
- With a loop through which the accessory is held on the finger.
Fingerless wedding gloves can be conditionally divided into two types:
- Mitts are a short, tear-off accessory that does not create discomfort, makes it possible to freely put on a wedding ring without removing gloves during the ceremony. The disadvantage of this style is that they visually make the fingers shorter.
- On one finger - they are attached and held by a loop on the middle finger, for the manufacture of which they usually take a satin ribbon or strung beads. This model will not hide your beautiful manicure..
Short wedding gloves add sophistication to the bride’s look. Go well with cropped dresses with sleeve lengths to the elbow and slightly lower. Such models with dresses on a long sleeve or without sleeves will not look harmonious.
A festive dress with thin straps or opening shoulders goes well with long wedding gloves. They are made, as a rule, from satin or lace. This model is able to hide hand imperfections..
It is appropriate to wear a wedding ceremony, a walk, a photo shoot, but during the feast the bride must take them off.
Wedding gloves made of lace will make the image of the bride elegant and delicate. Such a style will fit any dress model, and it does not matter which fabric is taken as the basis for the manufacture of the product. Accessories decorated with small rhinestones or pebbles with multi-colored reflections look beautiful
Openwork wedding gloves will harmoniously complement the image of the bride, in case the dress has a long sleeve. The presented type is not only aesthetic, but also practical - they will be able to warm the hand of a beautiful lady in cool weather.
In the modern world, not all girls are of the opinion that the wedding dress, and all its attendant attributes should be white. Many brides, trying to stand out, making their image original, select colored accessories.
Often, there are wedding gloves decorated with various ornaments. Stones (precious and semiprecious), pearls (both natural and artificial), beads, beads, rhinestones, satin ribbons are used as jewelry. It is possible to use embroidery elements.
For the manufacture of «clothes» A variety of fabrics are used for the bride’s hands, depending on the model and the time of year for which they are designed. So, for models of dresses of the autumn-winter period, jacquard, satin, crepe, taffeta, lace are used. For the summer, lightweight airy fabrics are ideal - chintz, chiffon, silk, cotton.
Do not forget that the style and fabric of which the accessory is made should be in harmony with the dress of the bride.
DIY wedding gloves
You can buy wedding gloves in the salon, but it is quite possible to make them yourself. To do this, you will need quite a bit: your imagination, free time, the chosen fabric and decorations. An example of how to make wedding mitts is presented below..
You will need:
- satin ribbon
- beads or rhinestones
- stretch lace
When the materials are prepared, we proceed to manufacture:
- We measure the volume of the wrist, cut off the necessary piece of lace.
- We make accurate measurements, cut off excess fabric, connect the fabric using a regular stitch on a sewing machine.
- Try on. We connect the lace between the index and thumb, making a couple of stitches.
- Getting to the decoration.
- From a satin ribbon we make a couple of bows, decorating with beads or rhinestones.
- We fasten the bows with a glue gun or sew.
To create an accessory with your fingers will require more time and effort. To make such an accessory, see the master class, which shows how to make a pattern, correctly connect the details:
How to choose gloves for a wedding dress
Among the great assortment, you should choose those models that are most suited to the style of your outfit, as well as the fabric of the dress and accessories should overlap in texture. Only in this case they will look harmonious, complementing the image.
Wedding attributes should match the tone of the dress. In rare cases, there are exceptions when such wedding items differ in color or shade. When choosing the length, remember the rule: the shorter the sleeves of the dress - the longer the accessories should be.
More photos of these accessories are presented in this video:
There are no strict rules regarding wearing seals, but there are a few points to remember:
- To put on a ring is only on a bare finger, because at this moment it is important to remove such a wedding decoration or simply expose a ring finger.
- Greeting guests, receiving flowers, gifts, it is better to have accessories on hand.
- During the feast, it is recommended to remove the decoration.
Wedding gloves complete the look of the bride, protecting the delicate hands of a beautiful lady all day.
If you have something to share with future brides on this topic, leave a comment..