- Types of Wedding Gloves
- Glove fabric
- DIY wedding gloves
- How to choose gloves for a wedding dress
- Wear Etiquette
«New is well forgotten old», - this proverb also applies to such an element of the wedding attire as gloves. This accessory was fashionable and relevant in the early 18th century, when the fair sex wore them daily. Later, they were worn only by high-ranking ladies at social receptions, using only in the evening toilet. And in the 21st century, wedding gloves returned to fashion and are popular. They give the image of the bride elegance and sophistication..
Types of Wedding Gloves
These accessories differ in several ways: in design, pattern, length, in the fabric used to make them, and in the number of buttons.
Consider the models that are in demand:
- Classic. Long, above the elbow height accessories, sewn, usually from satin.
- Mitts. Short, not reaching the middle of the forearm dress elements, for the manufacture of which lace or lace fabrics are used. Such accessories are especially relevant in the summer.
- With a loop, due to which the accessory is held on the finger.
Fingerless wedding gloves can be conditionally divided into two types:
- Mittens are short accessories with open fingers that do not create discomfort and make it possible to freely put on a wedding ring without removing the accessory during the ceremony. The disadvantage of this style is that they visually make the fingers shorter.
- One finger with a loop - fastens and holds the accessory due to the loop on the middle finger, which is mainly made of satin ribbon or strung beads. They look elegant and stylish. This model will not hide your beautiful manicure.
Short wedding gloves add sophistication to the bride’s look. Go well with cropped dresses with sleeve lengths to the elbow and slightly lower. Such models with dresses that do not have a long sleeve or no one at all will not look harmonious.
Long wedding gloves are perfectly combined with a festive dress with open shoulders or on thin straps. They are made, as a rule, from satin or lace. Such an accessory is able to hide hand imperfections. Such a model is appropriate during weddings, walks and photo sessions, but during the feast the bride must take them off.
Wedding gloves made using lace will make the bride look elegant and delicate. Such a style is combined with any dress model, and it does not matter what fabric it is made of. Ideal if decorated with small rhinestones or pebbles with colorful reflections.
Openwork wedding gloves will harmoniously complement the image of the bride, in case the dress has a long sleeve. The presented type is not only aesthetic, but also practical - they will be able to warm the hand of a beautiful lady in cool weather
In the modern world, not all girls are of the opinion that the wedding outfit, as well as accessories, should be white. Many brides, trying to stand out and make their image original, pick up colored gloves, and in tone with them, and other accessories (handbag, shoes, boutonniere, etc.). It is worth watching carefully that the outfit and accessories are harmoniously combined and color accessories only add sophistication, and do not focus all attention on yourself.
Often, there are wedding gloves with various decorations. Stones (precious and semiprecious), pearls (both natural and artificial), beads, beads, rhinestones, satin ribbons and bows are used as jewelry. It is possible to use embroidery elements.
For the manufacture of gloves, as a rule, a variety of fabrics are used, depending on the model and on the time of year for which they are designed. So, for models of the autumn-winter period, jacquard, satin, crepe, taffeta, lace are used. For the summer, lightweight airy fabrics are ideal - chintz, chiffon, silk, cotton. Do not forget that the style and fabric of which the accessory is made should be in harmony with the dress of the bride.
DIY wedding gloves
It is possible to buy wedding gloves in the salon, but it is quite possible to make them yourself. To do this, you will need very little: your imagination, free time and the material from which you want to make.
An example of how to make wedding mitts is presented below. To do this, you will need scissors, satin ribbon, beads or rhinestones and stretch lace. When the materials are prepared, we proceed to manufacture:
- We measure the volume of the wrist and cut off the necessary piece of lace;
- We make accurate measurements, cut off excess fabric and connect the fabric using a regular line on a sewing machine;
- Try on. We connect the lace between the index and thumb, making a couple of stitches.
- Getting to the decoration.
- From a satin ribbon we make a couple of bows, decorating with beads or rhinestones.
- We fasten the bows to the mittens with glue (glue gun) or sew.
- You can see an example in the photo below.
To create an accessory with your fingers will require more time and effort. In order to make this option, we recommend that you view the master class in the video presented, which shows how to make a pattern and correctly connect the details:
How to choose gloves for a wedding dress
Among the great assortment, you should choose those models that are most suited to the style of your outfit, as well as the fabric of the dress and accessories should overlap in texture. Only in this case they will complement the image, and look harmonious. Accessories should be in tone with the dress. In rare cases, there are exceptions when gloves and other items differ in color or shade. It is important to choose the length. It’s worth remembering the rule: the shorter the sleeves of the dress, the longer the accessories should be.
More photos of these accessories are presented in this video:
There are no strict rules regarding wearing seals, but there are a few points to remember:
- To put on a ring is only on a bare finger, therefore at this moment it is important to remove wedding gloves or simply expose a ring finger;
- Welcoming guests and receiving flowers, gifts, it is better to have accessories on hand;
- During the feast, it is recommended to remove the decoration.
Wedding gloves can not only give completeness to the image of the bride and keep the hands of the beautiful lady clean and tender throughout the day. And if you have something to share with future brides on this topic, leave a comment.