- Meet the groom's parents: how to prepare
- How to behave when meeting to like: tips
- The rules of etiquette when meeting
- What to present to the groom's parents when meeting
The first acquaintance with the parents of their half is considered a very important and responsible event in the life of every bride. Most girls panic when the groom offers to get to know his family. So that inner fear and emotions do not overshadow the upcoming event, you need to be natural, not to worry and adhere to the rules of etiquette. The upcoming meeting will be held at the highest level, if you carefully prepare for it.
Meet the groom's parents: how to prepare
When relations with a lover go to a more serious level, the groom plans to introduce the bride to his family. Each girl perceives such an event is very exciting, worrying to please the chosen one's parents. Therefore, a potential bride needs to prepare in advance for an acquaintance. Preparation for the upcoming meeting consists of the following steps:
- We learn the details about the mom and dad of a loved one. When meeting with the groom's family, you will feel more confident if you ask the beloved about the traditions and customs of his relatives. Take an interest in their hobbies, hobbies, what character traits they possess. This will help you to prepare mentally for a meeting with people who are still strangers to you..
- We are reviewing our wardrobe. Dress for the first meeting must be reserved, avoiding the bright outfits that can create a vulgar image. Parents of the groom will appreciate your modesty in a strict dress or trouser suit.
- We think over makeup. It should be modest, made in pastel colors. Avoid excessive blush and false eyelashes. Parents want to see a decent girl next to their son.
- We put in order the nails. Before meeting, update your manicure, using a varnish of bright colors. Nails should be neat, short.
How to behave when meeting to like: tips
If it's time to get acquainted with the parents of the chosen one, you must make every effort to please them. Remember that you will not have a second chance to make a first impression. A young girl needs to prepare for this event. To make the first meeting with your parents perfect, study the tips below:
- The first meeting is always an exciting event. So that during the meeting there is no tension, be calm and stay yourself. If you are relaxed and not shy, then the groom's parents will also feel comfortable next to you.
- Anticipate in advance possible questions that relatives of the groom may ask you when meeting. Parents of the chosen one will ask about the family, education, work, feelings for their son, as well as plans for the future. Answer all questions posed as sincerely as possible in order to create a trusting relationship. You do not need to tell in detail all the secrets of your family, speak concisely and restraintly. If some moments of the conversation make you feel awkward, then correctly change the topic of communication.
- When meeting, be cheerful and sociable. This does not mean that you should constantly laugh and talk endlessly. But to be silent and nervously sort out the hem of the dress is also not necessary. Look happy, then the parents will be happy with such a daughter-in-law.
- Avoid sad stories about your former acquaintances. Mom and Dad do not need to know the details of your previous partners.
- If there was a long pause at the moment of communication, then start asking parents about their hobbies or hobbies. You may find common interests that become a good topic of conversation..
- Do not show your parents stormy emotions in communication with their son. Be calm and cultural.
- Do not show your parents the choice of bad habits. If you smoke, refrain from cigarettes for the period of the meeting. Some parents have strict views on the habits of the younger generation. In order not to spoil the first meeting with the groom's parents, find out from the video below the advice of psychologists:
To make a good impression on the parents of a loved one when meeting them, behave naturally, as in everyday life. The interlocutors will immediately notice a fake and strained smile and are unlikely to want to continue sincere communication. If you pretend to be someone you are not, your image will be remembered by the parents of the groom absurd and ridiculous. Do not overdo the desire to please family members of a lover.
Do not worry
Meeting strangers always causes excitement. Prepare in advance mentally, so that while meeting with the parents of a loved one, keep calm. Before the meeting, it is recommended to relax and tune in to positive emotions. If you are a little worried, this will give the impression of a modest girl, but because of a strong experience, acquaintance can pass in a tense atmosphere.
Avoid Excessive Feeling
It is not necessary at the sight of the groom's parents to immediately show feelings and kiss them on the cheek. Refrain from excessive manifestation of emotions in the form of a strong hug. You can show a positive impression of the first meeting with a sincere smile, showing a modest character. This will be enough for a first acquaintance. Parents of the groom are not yet close people for you, first you need to get used to each other.
The rules of etiquette when meeting
A planned meeting with the groom’s parents will be held at an altitude if you adhere to the general rules of etiquette. Fulfillment of simple rules will help to create the impression of a modest, decent girl who in the future will become the ideal wife for their son. Courtesy, attentiveness, punctuality, calm nature of the bride will become the fundamental criteria for parents in drawing up a general impression of you.
Don't be late
The planned meeting with the parents should begin strictly at the agreed time. Tardiness can be regarded by the groom's family as disrespect, and your reputation will be immediately damaged. At the first meeting, be sure to be punctual, do not make the chosen one's parents wait for you even ten minutes. It is recommended that their son’s potential bride visit 10-15 minutes before the appointed time.
If the groom's family lives in the other end of the city, then plan your affairs so that you have time to start dating. Ask the groom to meet you, and then you can come to your parents together. This will help to avoid embarrassment at the first meeting and without excitement to start dating. If delays could not be avoided, then sincerely apologize to your parents, telling the true reason for the delay.
Contact parents by name and patronymic
In order not to make mistakes at the first meeting, contact the parents of the groom by name and patronymic. In advance, find out in the chosen one what is the name of relatives, brothers, sisters. To not forget or confuse anything, write the names in a notebook. Ask the groom how his parents turn to their grandparents. Perhaps the family has special traditions of communication between relatives. Some brides without permission begin to switch to «you» or consume «mum», «dad». Parents of the groom themselves will say when they are ready for such treatment.
Behave correctly at the table
Familiarity with parents usually takes place at home. The groom's mother sets the table, filling it with her treats. Ask your groom in advance if there are dishes on the menu that you don’t eat. But if during the feast you had to eat unusual food, pretend that you are delighted with the taste. A future mother-in-law can be considered an insult if you start criticizing her treats. You can inspire confidence in the groom’s mother by asking for the recipe and saying sincere words about her culinary talent. Follow the basic rules of behavior at the table:
- Keep your back straight, do not lean on the back of a chair or sofa.
- Do not put food on a plate with a slide. If you liked the dish, ask for supplements.
- Do not talk with your mouth full. Swallow food first, and then you can keep up the conversation.
- Do not reach across the entire table for the dish. Ask the groom to give you a plate of your favorite meal.
- Do not get up from the table first, but wait until everyone finishes the meal. The parents of the groom during the entire feast carefully observe you and draw conclusions as to how well-mannered and cultured you are.
Do not stay too long
The duration of the first meeting with relatives of a lover can depend on many factors. If immediately after meeting with the parents of the groom you are invited to the table, then a joint meal will last no more than an hour. For the first meeting, this time will be enough to get to know each other. In order not to bore your parents with your presence, do not stay too long at a party. At the end of the meeting, thank the groom's family for the wonderful welcome..
If the chosen one’s parents live in another city, then discuss with your lover in advance where you will spend the night. Ask the groom to warn his family that after the first meeting, the bride will stay until morning. But consider the traditions of the family, and how they relate to the fact that young people will sleep together before the wedding. On the day of the meeting, behave as modestly as possible.
What to present to the groom's parents when meeting
Acquaintance with the parents of a lover should begin with a smile, a greeting and a small gift. Ask your chosen one what kind of cookies, chocolate or cake his family likes. Get these sweets in a beautiful package and present at the first meeting. To make the presented hotel a proof of your culinary abilities, you can prepare your own confectionery masterpiece.
If the acquaintance is planned for the evening, check which wine parents prefer. Bottle of red «Merlot» will be a great addition to the treats on the table. It is recommended to refrain from a gift in the form of strongly fortified drinks at the first meeting. If the groom warned that his father collects cognac, then in this case one bottle will be appropriate. You should refrain from presenting the following surprises:
- On the first day of acquaintance, mother of the groom should not be given cosmetics, perfumes and underwear. It will look uncivilized and not ethical. For example, an anti-aging cream will be regarded as an opportunity to point out its flaws.
- You can not make very expensive gifts. Such a surprise can cause the parents of the groom a sense of duty and duty.
- Do not give pets when meeting. Not everyone is positive about having a dog or cat in the apartment. But if you know for sure that the family of the chosen one dreams of a pet, in this case such a gift would be appropriate.
- A father-in-law should not be given a tie or shirt. According to etiquette, the closest people can present such a gift.
Start your first acquaintance with the groom’s mother with a bouquet of her favorite flowers, which you can present yourself or entrust to your chosen one. Such a surprise will create a pleasant impression of the bride of their son. If the acquaintance takes place on a festive day, time your party for this celebration. And remember, no matter what gift you present to the groom's parents at the first meeting, the main thing is that the surprise should be sincere and presented with love.