- One of the main symbols of the sun is the engagement ring.
- Mandatory attribute of Slavic brides was a wreath
- Not a single Russian wedding was complete without a wedding loaf
- Modern wedding can be decorated in a sunny style.
- In Russian culture, there are many signs about the sun at a wedding:
The sun in almost all cultures is considered a life-giving principle, a source of heat and light. Golden, yellow, red - sunny colors - give optimism and good mood, charge a person with positive energy. Add the sun to the wedding, and the holiday will become warmer and more comfortable. In addition, the wedding website www.articlewedding.com is convinced that “sunny” traditions have deep roots in Russian culture..
According to legend, a wedding is a reunion of the Sun and the Month. Interestingly, the Sun at the same time represents the bride, and the Month - the bridegroom. The ancient Slavs believed that in winter the Sun lives in distant, warm lands in a golden palace. But with the advent of spring, the celestial luminary sets off on its way home to reunite with its spouse, which happens on the day of the vernal equinox.
In Russian culture, the sun is a symbol of life and happiness. The sun was called “red” and “clear”, hence the expression “red maiden”, as pretty girls call themselves. The sun has always been one of the most revered objects of the Slavs. Not surprisingly, a traditional Russian wedding is riddled with solar symbols.
One of the main symbols of the sun is the engagement ring.
The vicious circle has long been considered a sign of the sun. Accordingly, and engagement rings Solar symbolism was transmitted. Many ancient peoples - Greeks, Romans, Celts, Gauls, etc. - used rings at weddings as a symbol of unity, fidelity and love of two people.
Mandatory attribute of Slavic brides was a wreath
There is a beautiful legend that tells about the origin of the bride’s wreath. Once upon a time there was a beautiful girl. Once, she saw a fiery bird flying and spilling golden feathers. The girl gathered these feathers, weaved a wreath from them for happiness. But a strong wind came and blew a golden wreath. And beyond the boundless blue sea there lived a fine fellow who found a wreath and returned it to the girl. They got married and have since been happy in family life. To enlist the support of the Sun and be happy, Slavic brides weaved wreaths of flowers, herbs and ribbons, decorated their head with them and married them. You can read more about the bride’s wreath in one of the articles of the wedding portal www.articlewedding.com.
Not a single Russian wedding was complete without a wedding loaf
Bread was considered sacred, so the Slavs approached the baking of the loaf in all seriousness. All the action was accompanied by rituals, conspiracies, songs and dances. It was decorated with flowers, nuts, figures of dough, ribbons and herbs. The higher and richer the loaf came out, the more well-fed and happy the life of the young couple promised to be. One of the customs is to break a loaf over the heads of the newlyweds, thereby illuminating their union. Today the traditions of the loaf have been adopted wedding cakes.
Modern wedding can be decorated in a sunny style.
To do this, it is not necessary to wear a yellow dress or drape a banquet hall with red fabrics. You can add golden embroidery to the corset or dress skirt, weave into bridal bouquet daisies, sunflowers or other bright flowers. Wedding photography against a background of a field of sunflowers or rye will be beneficial. Banquet plates can be chosen with a gold or yellow border. In addition, dream up on the theme of “sunny” invitations.
In Russian culture, there are many signs about the sun at a wedding:
- Swat leave after sunset.
- Sunday is one of the most favorable days for the wedding, because the Slavs dedicated this day to the Sun.
- And here get married need in the morning or afternoon; wedding after sunset - to trouble, sadness, loss of children and early death.
- A wedding on a sunny day without a cloud in the sky - to an honest but poor life.
- Wealth promises the sun during the marriage, but the rain after it.
- If the sun unexpectedly illuminated the bride during the marriage - to a happy marriage.
- If the bride looks in the sun or in the morning in the morning, then she will have beautiful children.
- Young people go to the banquet table in the sun or clockwise, go out in the opposite.
As we see, the Slavs always attached great importance to the Sun and dedicated such an important ceremony as a wedding to it. The sun at the wedding was considered a symbol of a happy, well-fed and faithful family life. Today at weddings you can both observe the traditions of ancestors, and add a few stylish sunny notes to the design of the holiday.