- Black and white value
- The image of the bride and groom in black and white
- Clothing for witnesses and guests
- Wedding accessories in black and white
- The decoration of the wedding hall in black and white
- Video: wedding photo shoot in black and white style
At the peak of popularity in the world of wedding fashion, there are themed celebrations that are designed in one color or another. Everything is taken into account here: the very meaning of the chosen color scheme, the outfits of the bride and groom in these colors, the rest of the paraphernalia (invitations, a newlywed's boutonniere, a wedding bouquet, the decor of a banquet hall, floristry, cake, etc.). A vivid example of this is a noble black and white wedding, requiring a careful approach to its design. It is interesting to see what happens as a result if everything, including the bride’s outfit, resembles a Gothic style.
Black and white value
It is very easy to determine the meaning of the black and white gamut of a wedding celebration if you take each of these flowers separately. White is a classic choice for such an important event, it symbolizes the open feelings of the bride and groom, which are filled with purity and sincerity. Black is the opposite symbol of mystery, mystery. In combination, these two shades give a harmonious union, balancing and pacifying the happy relationship of a loving bride and groom at a wedding.
The image of the bride and groom in black and white
The black and white gamut blends wonderfully, forming a classic evening tandem of the ultimate image at the wedding. Therefore, the outfits of the newlyweds will look very extravagant and elegant if they choose this color scheme to comply with the general black and white style of the holiday. And in order to realize such an idea in life, check out interesting options that can be chosen for the wedding decorations of future spouses:
- If you don’t want to complicate your look too much, combining it with the main idea of a black and white wedding, use the traditional option: a white wedding dress for the bride and a black suit for the groom. Nothing supernatural, however, such a proposal is 100% consistent with the overall concept of the wedding.
- Those who like something more original may like the following option: a white suit of the groom combined with a completely black wedding decoration of the bride. Such an idea will make a splash at a wedding black and white celebration.
- The next option is to pick up a white dress with black elements for the bride (belt, edging, veil, etc.). You can dress the groom in a traditional dark suit, diluting his wedding look with white accessories (shoes, boutonniere, tie or bow tie, hairpin for tie, cufflinks).
- Another good idea for such a wedding is to mix the black and white colors of the newlyweds' dresses: the bride’s wedding dress in black and white and a similar suit of the groom (for this purpose, put on, for example, black trousers under a white jacket or vice versa).
Clothing for witnesses and guests
Do not disregard the dress code for invited guests and witnesses of the wedding list. Notify them in advance that the appearance should match the theme of a black and white wedding. As a rule, in such cases, for men and women, a style called Black Tie is indicated, which will mean strict evening dresses with the use of plain black and white shades.
Many brides prefer to personally prepare images for witnesses, so when choosing a wedding outfit for yourself, grab your friends to try on. Classic little black dresses, which favorably hide the flaws of any figure, are ideal for female friends at a black and white wedding celebration. Bridesmaids dressed in the same evening look will contrast remarkably with a snow-white wedding dress.
Wedding accessories in black and white
Without accessories, no wedding banquet is unthinkable. Therefore, be sure to take care of every detail that will be on you, around you and your guests. At the wedding, everything should correspond to the chosen style and black and white color scheme: a bouquet in the hands of the bride, a wedding cake, a buttonhole on the lapel of the groom's jacket, invitation and seating cards for guests. It is important not to forget about the small details of the bride’s hairstyle: hairpins, ribbons, flowers, which can also be black and white. How is it possible to arrange all these and many other wedding accessories, see further.
The bride's bouquet
Make a bride's bouquet with white and black natural flowers. Thanks to modern technology, florists will be able to turn any flower you like into black. For a beautiful decoration, use a variety of ribbons, beads, nets, feathers in black and white colors. In a similar tone, the handle of wedding flowers made of any material (plastic, fabric, paper, etc.) can be decorated. It’s better to entrust the creation of this attribute for the wedding to professionals; they will choose the right style of the bride’s bouquet using black and white colors.
A wedding cake
Another equally important attribute of a chic wedding is a beautiful cake of large sizes, corresponding to the general concept of the holiday. Skilled confectioners are able to create an impressive masterpiece of dessert in black and white style. In accordance with your preferences and wishes, its shape can be any: square, round, oval, multi-tiered.
In addition to the wedding cake, decorate the whole dessert table with a variety of black and white goodies: macaroons, various muffins, cakes, sweets, cookies, etc. Do not forget about the additional decoration in the form of: edible bows, statuettes of the groom with the bride, flowers, hearts, beads, lace, etc. Dark and light chocolate will fulfill their roles for these purposes at your wedding.
To make the image of the groom look organic, be sure to think about how to design a wedding boutonniere, which will decorate the lapel of the jacket. It should also be done in accordance with the chosen black and white style of the wedding. Consider the option where the flowers for creating the newlywed's boutonnieres are selected similarly to the flowers from the bride's bouquet. However, a living flower in the buttonhole of the groom's jacket may not survive until the end of the wedding evening, so it’s better to attach an artificial black and white buttonhole.
Invitations and Cards
Wedding invitations are one of the first points from which the pre-holiday bustle begins. Therefore, it is important to determine the theme of the celebration of your marriage from the very beginning, so that from the first minutes of the preparations that have begun, everything went according to plan and corresponds to the final result. To reduce precious time and effort, at the same time prepare in a black and white style and seating cards, which can be performed by analogy with invitation cards for a wedding. Some relevant advice on this subject:
- For an economical wedding option, use concise invitation cards without envelopes. Let them be monotonously painted in one tone (choice: black or white). Apply text in the opposite color. Make out similarly layout cards.
- If your black-and-white wedding has a significant budget, choose among extraordinary ideas by applying expensive designer paper with a beautiful white embossing. Embed the finished invitation in an original matte black envelope.
Chest for money
An equally important accessory for a wedding banquet is a chest in which cash gifts from invited guests are added up. This is another thing that should meet the style of black and white triumph. This wedding item is easy to create with your own hands and it does not take much time.
- Take any cardboard box, for example, from under office paper, glue the paper cover, and then cut a rectangular hole about 15-20 cm long.
- Decorate the wedding chest with fabric (you can take a white satin with black polka dots), do not forget about the beautiful details: boutonnieres, ribbons, bows, rhinestones.
- The money chest for the wedding is ready!
Book for recommendations
The wish book (the second name is the guest book) is a wonderful way to capture the pleasant and sincere words that each guest will leave for you at the wedding. During the congratulatory part, this item is extremely popular among all invitees. There are even special fun contests featuring a wish book. And in order not to lose a single opportunity to observe the general wedding style, this book should also be decorated in black and white. A few ideas on this subject:
- With an ordinary office folder and A4 sheets, you can easily make a wedding guest book with your own hands. All that is required is to beautifully design its cover with black and white artificial flowers, ribbons, rhinestones, etc. And then print the cover page with a concise title: «A long memory wedding book for (names of the newlyweds)».
- If you are not a supporter of home-made things at your own wedding, get the A4 album, designed for the wishes of newlyweds from guests. As a rule, manufacturers offer a wide selection of this wedding accessory, the beauty and originality of which can impress even the most demanding customer. And black and white colors in this regard will not be uncommon among such an assortment.
- For more vivid memories of the wedding, you can create a real photo album from the guest book using a camera with instant manifestation of black and white photographs. Let the guest capture the frame with his participation, and then, taking the finished photo card in his hands, paste it into the album and write his wedding wish next.
The decoration of the wedding hall in black and white
The final touch of wedding preparations is the decoration of the banquet hall in accordance with the black and white theme of the solemn wedding. Here it is necessary to design not only the overall interior design of the restaurant, but also to think over the elements of serving, floristry, and also not to forget about covers for chairs and tablecloths. Take note of a few tips for a beautiful wedding banquet room:
- So that the decor of a black-and-white wedding does not come out too sloppy and pockmarked, choose a color that will serve as the background for setting the main accents. For example, a black tablecloth with white holiday utensils.
- To eliminate the monotonous impression of a black-and-white wedding, try to dilute this color scheme in the interior with additional paints, for example, red or green.
- Decorate the ceiling of the room with black and white helium balloons.
- Drape the bride’s wedding table with the bride with a white cloth, it’s topical to decorate it with black elements from fresh flowers, candles, vases, dishes and napkins of the selected color scheme.
Video: wedding photo shoot in black and white style
Such an unusual black and white wedding should be remembered by everyone present. Therefore, use the services of a qualified photographer in order to capture the extravagant theme of the celebration, to keep the newlyweds in memory of the main day in their life. To add emotions and vivid impressions, a studio photo session in this style will help. Watch the video with an example of how to beat beautifully the combination of black and white to get good photos. In this case, these are contrasting outfits of the newlyweds, plain interior elements, various accessories: