- The meaning and symbolism of iris in the bride's bouquet
- Options for a wedding bouquet of irises
- How long to keep the bouquet fresh
- Beautiful wedding bouquets of irises photo
A wedding bouquet is an important component of the festive image of the bride. Each girl carefully approaches the selection of colors for this accessory, studies «tongue» plants, so that through the attribute to tell about your character and preferences, correctly place the emphasis. If the hero of the occasion wants to open his tender, romantic side, to show himself refined in nature, there is nothing better than to get a bouquet in your hands, composed with magnificent flowers - irises.
The meaning and symbolism of iris in the bride's bouquet
The strict xiphoid shape of the petals in many countries has interpreted the meaning of iris as a flower of warriors:
- in Japan, iris symbolizes strength, courage, masculinity,
- in Europe, this plant is considered the decoration of kings,
- iris flowers were known in antiquity, their images can often be found on the frescoes of Ancient Egypt, Babylon: in those days, harmless fragile flowers were called to awe the subjects.
Now the meaning of beautiful colors has changed. The bride, including irises in the wedding attribute, will demonstrate her fidelity to the young man, their strong relationship, tender friendship. Such a bouquet means that future spouses sincerely love each other. Creating a composition with these plants, the girl will not be mistaken, because irises have several undeniable advantages:
- Faint smell. Due to the subtle, barely perceptible aroma, such an attribute is suitable even for a girl with a sensitive scent that does not tolerate harsh, bright smells.
- Huge palette of shades. Soft pink, bright blue, purple, white and burgundy - this is only one hundredth of the rich species diversity of irises. Each hero of the occasion will be able to choose the shade that will ideally harmonize with the decor of the holiday, a wedding dress.
Some features of irises that you need to know about when creating a wedding attribute:
- Irises are short-lived. It is unlikely that the festive bouquet will last longer than three days, even if you try to extend the life of the plants. Fragile petals quickly wither and lose their shape, but during the wedding this attribute will shine in all its glory.
- Seasonality In the period from August to February, it is better to refuse to buy irises - the best flowers are brought at another time.
Options for a wedding bouquet of irises
There are many options for creating a wedding bouquet: it all depends on the bride’s preferences, her vision of her image, combination with the outfit. Iris mono-bouquets of white, blue, and blue shades look good. Long legs of such an accessory emphasize the harmony of the bride, her sophistication. If you all appear in white, it is not necessary to choose the pastel colors of the attribute - make a bright blue or delicate pink accent, it will look great.
For bright, bold natures who want to cheer up the guests of the holiday, the perfect combination would be colorful combinations of yellow, red, orange irises. Experiment by creating unusual compositions. Feel free to combine a spring flower with other popular plants for wedding bouquets - roses, hydrangeas, chrysanthemums, tulips, etc. You should not decorate the iris bouquet with floral nets, excess decoration details. A satin, lace or other ribbon of a suitable shade tied in the middle of the accessory foot is ideal.
Mono-bouquet of white irises
White wedding bouquet with irises will tell about the femininity of the bride, her tenderness, purity. Snow-white weightless petals look touching, emphasize the ease of temper and the charm of the hero of the occasion. Some types of white irises have yellow pigmentation, which will make the bouquet with them truly bright, sunny. Such options are used for autumn weddings..
Combination of iris and chrysanthemum
Chrysanthemum symbolizes inner tenderness, longevity, grace - along with strict irises, it will look great. Thanks to the rich color palette of lush chrysanthemums, together with irises you can create truly unusual, unique compositions of these two types of plants.
Bouquet of irises and tulips
Delicate tulips with smooth, resilient petals will contrast perfectly with fragile irises. Tulips are a symbol of perfect love that does not fade over the years. You can create a bright spring composition of a bouquet or emphasize your elegance, giving preference to restrained deep shades.
Compositions of iris with roses, gerberas and alstromeries
Due to its versatility, iris is able to look great with any selected plants. They look wonderful with refined, beautiful roses: both small buds and chic large flowers bloom. Often irises have bright pigments at the base of the petal - pick roses that match this pigment in color to create a harmonious wedding attribute.
Chic round gerbera means gratitude, symbolizes the respect of partners for each other, so it’s perfect for a wedding bouquet. A girl who chooses such a combination - gerberas with irises - at the same time emphasizes a carefree, beautiful love and willingness to take responsibility for another person, live together a lifetime, treating each other with respect, love.
Bright southern alstromerias are suitable for a wedding attribute, which the bride wants to make different from the classic. Exotic plants resembling lilies, along with fragile iris petals will create a unique combination. Such a composition will add a twist to the general mood of the bride, add playfulness to him regardless of age.
How long to keep the bouquet fresh
Girls who want to keep the freshness of the flower arrangement longer should take care of the presence of water during the wedding day. When a bouquet is not needed for a solemn appearance or a beautiful photo shoot, it is better to put it in water so that by the end of the evening the flowers retain their pristine beauty. Irises are moisture-loving, so you need to make sure that the plants feel good, because the gentle wilted petals look sad.
There are several ways to extend the life of irises:
- Give a friend who helps during the wedding, an instruction: when the bouquet is not needed, at least briefly put it in a bottle of water or in a vase.
- It will be possible to extend the life of the bouquet if you dissolve an aspirin tablet or a piece of sugar in water.
- Ask the florist to tap the stems of the plants. This will ensure long-term preservation of irises, allow the bride not to worry about having water with her to feed the wedding attribute.
The taping process is wrapping the stalks with cotton wool moistened with water or a special solution, and after tightening them with a tight waterproof tape. However, this option is not suitable for a simple bouquet, where the stems will be visible to guests: they will have to be hidden under floral paper.
Iris bouquet will attract the attention of guests, will become a memorable detail of the image.