The word itself and the concept «bonbonniere» came from France and literally means «sweet souvenir». In this country, it is customary to give guests small bags or boxes of sweets or other sweets. The tradition quickly became a wedding and spread throughout the world, and now Russian brides rack their brains than surprise their guests. The best options will tell the wedding portal www.articlewedding.com.
- Sweets. Keep the wedding tradition and treat the guests with this little dessert. It can be dragees, candies, chewing sweets ... Be careful with chocolate - in the summer heat it can melt. Better look for sweets in individual packaging and remember: according to your opinion, there should be an odd number.
- Glazed nuts or sugar. Sugar at high temperatures will remain much better than the same chocolate. Their nuts prefer almonds or hazelnuts. Sign about the quantity is valid in this case.
- Tea. Buy several varieties of loose tea and pack them in separate bags - 30 grams per guest is definitely enough.
- Jam. Ideal - homemade, but anyone, even jam, will do. Arrange in small jars and close the lid, decorate the top with paper and ribbon.
- Candles Buy packages of small scented candles - they create an atmosphere of warmth and coziness.
- Bell. The material can be completely different: it is easy to engrave on metal, and on clay just write your names and wedding date.
- A photograph taken with a guest during a wedding. If you have a photo printer - grab it at a banquet, and let the wedding photographer print the pictures right during the celebration.
- Disc with music. Ask the DJ to make copies of your wedding playlist in advance. Be sure to include iconic songs, for example, under which you performed the first dance. Print a beautiful cover with your photos in a special service.
How to pack bonbonnieres? There are many options too:
- Boxes. They can be either classic square or non-standard shapes. Packages in the form of suits of the bride and groom, caskets, carriages, hearts, and even chairs and watering cans are very popular..
- The cloth. A tulle is used as standard - it always resembles a bride's veil, especially if you choose white. Our wedding portal www.articlewedding.com advises precisely this option, because it is easy to make yourself. For this design, you only need a fabric and ribbon to match your celebration. Squares of the right size are cut out of tulle, put your souvenir in the center. Then raise the edges to make a bag, and tie everything up with a ribbon, making a beautiful bow. With a cloth, you can make packaging in the form of candy - very beautiful and non-standard.
- Plastic is usually used for small dragees - so it is more convenient to sort and store them. But while in Russia there are few firms that can make such packaging on order.
So, you have chosen the contents and appearance of the bonbonniere ... It remains to be decided how to present them. They can decorate the table setting: place them near the appliances of each guest. If you want to thank the guests personally, then the gift ceremony can be made mutual. You can build a whole pyramid of bonbonnieres or just lay them out on a separate table, but remember that it’s rather difficult to keep track of whether each souvenir will be given to you (there may be guests who will not only bring their present - especially for children).
Bonbonnieres are a wonderful tradition that will cheer guests up and will be a symbol of your gratitude.