- Rules of etiquette
- How to introduce guests to each other?
- How to characterize guests for a host?
- How to present guests at a wedding in a comic form
- Video: presenters introduce guests to a wedding
If the wedding is not held in a close circle of relatives and friends, then some of the guests, as a rule, are unfamiliar with each other. When the number of invitees exceeds one hundred, it is problematic to acquaint everyone. How to present guests at a wedding informally and fun regardless of quantity? The game dating ritual must necessarily be part of the script of any wedding to make it fun and memorable.
Rules of etiquette
If you represent all the invitees, as expected - by last name, first name, patronymic, degree of relationship, occupation - it will be boring and unlikely to be remembered by the other guests. Follow etiquette is appropriate only if the number of people is minimal, or acquaintance involves further communication after the celebration. Etiquette is also important for representing the older generation of the bride and groom..
Close elderly relatives of the newlyweds (parents, grandparents, godparents) are always represented as the most important guests at the wedding - with respect, special attention, always by name, without familiarity. An exception is also made for honorary invited newlyweds (for example, if they invited a leader from work, a teacher, etc.).
Younger relatives (brothers, sisters, children), witnesses, close friends are represented informally, with humor (if there are no objections on both sides). In other cases, etiquette can also be slightly neglected in favor of a fun scenario for meeting guests. This will relieve awkwardness and allow those present to fully enjoy the festive atmosphere..
How to introduce guests to each other?
The ritual of acquaintance of guests is thought over in advance. The list of invitees is transmitted to the facilitator, who determines in what order and how to present the guests at the wedding according to the scenario. It is also important to take into account the seating arrangements at the tables (especially if a very large motley company is going to gather). Guests are introduced in several ways:
- at the very beginning of the celebration in a certain order (for example, starting with the young, then close, friends, colleagues, etc.);
- also at the beginning of the feast, but in an arbitrary order (in the process of competition, game or comic performance);
- gradually during the holiday, guests play their roles according to the script (or perform the tasks of the host), at the same time introducing themselves.
If there are a lot of people and it is not possible to introduce everyone to each other, then it is advisable to start the celebration immediately with a dating game so that no one gets bored. You can introduce yourself by the host’s prompting, or the host reads the names, and those who were named fulfill his request or simply get up. With a name it’s nice to voice a short description of the invitee. If this is funny, unusual, then it will be easier for the rest of those present to remember unfamiliar faces.
If you don’t really know how to introduce guests to a wedding, use noise boxes - a popular option «heating» present. Its meaning is that the guests do not get to know each other by name, but in an organized noise (clapping, stomping, shouting certain phrases) under the commands of the host. Such a ritual usually ends with a toast in honor of the bride and groom. After the louishers, the first awkwardness disappears, and most guests are ready to participate in the following contests.
Presenting guests in verse
When the number of people present and time allow, you can imagine each guest as a funny quatrain. The toastmaster reads the verse or it is entrusted to the guests themselves. The verses should be funny or catch something, otherwise after 3-4 quatrains everyone will get bored. Another option: the host read out the first lines, and the invitees must finish the verse.
It is not necessary to compose a rhyming performance for everyone present. If there are many guests, it will be appropriate to represent them in groups. The presenter reads the verses according to the scenario or at random by the lottery method (the choice of cards is usually entrusted to the newlyweds or to one of the guests). If you print such verses on beautiful company cards and hand each one your verse, this will be an excellent memorable gift.
Examples of small rhyming characteristics:
Imagine Katyushka - sister and girlfriend,
Sportswoman, beauty, baking charlotte!
And this is our witness - Alexei the benefactor!
Help the groom, everywhere he is dear!
Aunt Olya hurries to leave the set table,
To congratulate the young with all my heart!
Our brother Ilya is not at all simple,
Let’s ask him to tell us a toast!
Presentation of guests in prose
If the verses are not suitable, short phrases (just to give the name who the newlyweds have) or small texts (toasts, congratulations, impromptu answers to the questions of the presenter) will perfectly serve the guests' presentation. Puzzles are a good option, in which everyone present needs to know themselves, then stand up and give their name to the others. The funnier and funnier this stage of acquaintance will be, the more comfortable and freer guests will feel.
Examples of small characteristics in prose:
- This noble and intelligent man is an example for our groom. He is a courageous warrior - serves in the FSB. He has a real male hobby - fishing. And often sick ... for «Spartacus»! Let me introduce the father of the groom Igor Ivanovich!
- A beautiful, intelligent, special woman who has been nibbling the granite of science for 40 years, or rather teaches at a university, could easily judge the Babylonian feuds, because is a professional translator. She also read fairy tales for our bride - grandmother Rimma Alekseevna!
- An experienced race car driver and just a great surgeon - a friend of the groom Alexander!
- Let us greet the many cheerful, cheerful, classmates of our bride, who not only postponed their studies for her wedding, but also prepared a personal congratulation!
How to characterize guests for a host?
It is very important to correctly introduce each guest so that it is funny, insulting, but matches the wedding scenario. The business card text is fully read out by the host, or played in the form «question answer». A blitz interview in this case is preferable. To characterize the guest, as a rule, are taken:
- his relationship with the bride and groom (kindred, studied together, work or are just friends);
- hobbies, talents;
- personal qualities or preferences.
Characteristics come up in a comic or simply positive style. The newlyweds themselves or people close to the couple, well knowing all the invitees, should do this themselves. Submissions may end with a sentence to say a word or a toast (keep in mind that there are very shy people who find it difficult to speak to the public).
How to present guests at a wedding in a comic form
- Toastmaster in turn calls guests with any one characteristic (for example, all with a name with the letter O or all «scorpions» by zodiac sign, etc.). Everyone who was chosen should introduce themselves, then dance to the chosen music, chorus to congratulate the groom with the bride or participate in the competition.
- Everyone, standing in two circles, at the command of the leader begin to dance, moving in a circle. When the music suddenly falls silent, each of the participants appears to the one who was nearby (opposite). As an option: guests should also hug (kiss, shake hands, complete an assignment). The intrigue will be if the ladies stand in one circle, and the men in the second.
- Before the celebration, the leader prepares a pair of identical cards. They should be visually different: in the form of hearts, doves, flowers, etc. At the beginning of the celebration, all those present receive a card. At a certain point, at the request of the presenter, everyone should find among those present who has exactly the same card and get acquainted.
Video: presenters introduce guests to a wedding
To better imagine the whole process, as an example, look in the video below how they introduce invited guests to a wedding. Please note that a good toastmaster not only confidently leads the celebration according to the script, but also often improvises a lot. Carefully choose a leading and interesting version of the script so that the holiday is a success.