For many people, the common truth from the tale: "... and they lived happily ever after," seems so obvious that if they do not have a couple, they feel flawed and forgotten (read also about when it is better to get married).
However, at the same time, people's thoughts stop at the place when the music loses, the happy couple will say: “We agree”, after which the newlyweds merge in a magical kiss. People do not think about what will happen after the honeymoon.
According to statistics, about 43% of marriages end in divorce. Obviously, passionate desires, high feelings and beautiful dreams alone cannot create a prosperous family.
A happy marriage does not occur by chance. Also, it will not occur if "you fell in love at first sight" or "so much match each other." Marriage is cooperation. And like any cooperation, it requires compliance with the terms of the “contract” and monotonous, painstaking work aimed at maintaining and improving relationships in the family.
Here are some tips from couples whose “collaboration” has become truly reliable and prosperous. Follow them, do not succumb to the bitterness of the collapse of fabulous and bright dreams regarding weddings and living together. Just work hard to achieve the bright goal of a happy marriage.
1. More sincere communication. Openness in relationships is very important. Especially at a time when things are going badly. There are so many things that indirectly affect marriage: work, hobbies, friends, church, education, family. If suddenly you can’t spend time together, or you have friction over money, it’s very important to speak directly, which caused your disagreement.
2. Know how to listen to your partner. Sadly, it is a fact - we are more polite with strangers than with our loved ones. If your wife or your spouse is trying to talk to you about what you would like for dinner, or what your plans for the evening are, it doesn’t matter what. Do not interrupt. Listen with the same politeness and tact with which you would listen to your boss. Patience and decency are integral parts of a happy marriage.
3. Create your own family ceremonies and traditions. Almost all couples who are in a happy marriage have their own rituals. It doesn’t matter what kind of rituals it will be. Let it be coffee in the morning or a special touch that means "I love you." Remember some symbolic, mysterious or magical rituals from your youth. After all, someday, in the far bright future, such memories will be valuable impressions of your lived life.
4. Sharing time that would be dedicated only to you two is also a very important component of a happy marriage. No matter how you spend time together. In a luxurious restaurant, or in a movie theater for a preferential session. The main thing is that you thereby renew the feelings that made you love each other.
5. Settle monetary matters as early as possible. It is amazing how many couples do not discuss serious monetary problems. Before embarking on a fabulous journey, it is advisable to discuss your preferences and attitudes towards such things as credit, paying bills, and saving money. Agree on how you will pay, who will store and manage large amounts of money. The issue of money can easily cause various minor disagreements that would ruin your almost happy marriage..
6. Love and respect each other. To maintain a happy marriage, there are a few simple rules: never go to bed angry, kiss and say “I love you” every day, be polite to each other and never forget to say “thank you”. Congratulate each other more often, no matter what. Just for the sake of chance. Just because you are there, that you care, that you are happy. Do not cling to trifles, and do not be boring.
7. Never forget or violate your most important contract. There are no such people, such a company, such a goldfish, which would offer you something more important. The terms of this "deal" are sacred, and the fruits are priceless. One of the strongest feelings is the feeling that one of the goals of life has been achieved, that a lot of work has been done, and when you turn back, you understand that your marriage is truly happy, and life is infinitely beautiful..