- The subtleties of selecting a dress for a witness
- Dress code for witness
- What you can not wear wedding witnesses
- Photo selection of stylish dresses of the witness of 2016
If you have the honor to be a witness at the wedding of your friends, then you should think first of all about your own outfit. You must be in harmony with the couple, but not overshadow it. In addition, clothing should be comfortable. Before the celebration, it is advisable to discuss the outfits with the newlyweds themselves. You are waiting for contests, photography, where witnesses are present in almost every frame, so such an event requires you to be on top. So, how to dress a witness for a wedding? Let's dwell on the main points of the dress code.
The subtleties of selecting a dress for a witness
How to dress for a wedding? For the witness, the wedding ceremony turns into a competition with herself. On the one hand, I want to look luxurious, elegant, breathtaking in the registry office, but, on the other hand, you cannot overshadow the main hero of the occasion, that is, the bride. When choosing a dress, the witness is not forbidden to call for help her imagination, focusing on current trends in fashion. It will be useful to consult with the bride herself regarding the style of the dress and the color scheme.
How to dress a witness for a wedding? For a bridesmaid, a white dress is considered a ban, since this is the traditional color of the bride's outfit. In addition, you can be involuntarily taken to be the culprit of the celebration, and awkward situations on this day are useless. If you and the bride are in white, then you’ll get lost against her background, and merge into one spot in the photos. It is best to choose a colored outfit to set off the snow-white outfit of the hero of the occasion.
Black attire is usually not worn for a wedding. But there are times when the bride herself suggests putting on a little black dress that suits the style of the whole celebration. In this case, it is worth reviving your appearance with a bright finish of the dress or accessories. For example, you can complement the outfit with bright shoes, a shawl, a belt, a clutch. It is not forbidden to choose outfits of terracotta, pink, blue, honey, blue, and lilac. The dress is golden or silver. Chocolate and burgundy also look good on elegant dresses.
In addition to color, the choice of the style of the dress is important. Fluffy skirts and too deep neckline should be immediately excluded. It is better to choose a simple elegant outfit with a twist. Since you are required to be active at the wedding, the outfit should not prevent you from moving freely. A good choice - a dress in the style of empire - detachable top, high waist, flowing skirt, or detachable at the waist or one-piece straight styles. Do not forget to coordinate the style of the outfit with the features of your figure.
Dress lengths should not be too short. If the ceremony takes place in the evening, give preference to long dresses. Keep a balance in appearance: if the skirt is short, it is better to cover the top, and the length of the outfit to the floor - a seductive neckline is allowed. Given such simple rules, the witness will look beautiful, elegant and tasteful at the celebration..
In general, we advise you to adhere to such nuances in the matter of how to dress a witness for a wedding:
- If the event has a certain theme, coordinate with your bride a suit that will correspond to the general orientation.
- Flowing light fabrics, a sophisticated feminine cut outfit - a great option for all occasions. Acceptable tones cover all delicate and pastel colors. It is not forbidden to choose saturated shades, which will create a spectacular tandem with the bride.
- It is better to choose a sleeveless dress with a shallow neckline, which requires etiquette. Too fluffy skirts are also worth giving up.
- Remember your own comfort, because you have to move around a lot, participate in dances, competitions.
Hairstyle is the final touch of the whole image. First of all, the installation should be convenient and reliable. After all, a many-hour celebration awaits you, during which the witness is in the center of attention of cameras, guests, and relatives. Therefore, the hairstyle should last a long time without losing its beauty and accuracy. Consider the shape of your own face, features: it is worth emphasizing the advantages, and hide the existing disadvantages.
In addition, styling should be in harmony with the dress and other elements of the whole image. First, choose the outfit itself, and the rest of the details. It is best to ask for help from a stylist who will take into account all your wishes and select the best option. Do not overload the styling with accessories: a small hairpin or flower is acceptable, but a million hairpins are an extra headache. A silver or gold rim in the hair looks very stylish.
Below we list the most suitable options:
- Light negligence - styling with intentional imperfections, which gives charm. It could be a playfully knocked-out lock.
- Scythe is the perfect decoration for any face. Accessories, curled strands will give weaving more beauty, volume and effect. For medium hair it is better to stay on a French braid.
- Graceful curls - twisted locks falling on the shoulders and back, will certainly create a charming image. You need to determine the shape, diameter of the curls, complement them with flowers, a hairpin or a rim.
- Most girls fit an elegant bunch. This classic styling always looks elegant and stylish. With a cocktail dress, the beam harmonizes one hundred percent.
How to dress a witness to a wedding so that the image is perfect? Without accessories, the appearance of the witness will be incomplete. First of all, take care of the presence of an evening bag, because you may need a handkerchief, powder, adhesive plaster, which will fit in a small clutch. In addition, the bride or groom may ask you to keep some important things, for example, rings, mobile phones, etc. The bag itself must be in harmony with the outfit: match completely in tone or play in contrast with the dress.
It is better to refuse shoes with too high heels, because you have to spend the whole day in the bustle and for your legs this will be a real test. Sandals or shoes should be comfortable, suitable for the overall style of your image. It is not forbidden to take removable shoes with you: during the banquet, simply try on comfortable ballet shoes or wedge shoes.
As for jewelry, you can safely choose chains with pendants, an elegant string of beads, elegant earrings, several rings. The main thing here is not to overdo it, so as not to become like a Christmas tree. For hair, choose beautiful neat rims, hair clips. It is not forbidden to put on a charming little hat if it is combined in style with your costume.
Dress code for witness
How to be with a witness, how to dress for a wedding? The most win-win option is to wear a classic suit. You can do without a tie. Compare the outfit of the witness and yours in advance so that you match each other. The suit of the witness should be different from the dress of the groom, so consult with him. Perhaps the bride or groom will put forward your own requirements for appearance, which should be observed. If the heroes of the occasion have no wishes, then follow the accepted general rules in choosing clothes for a wedding.
How to dress a witness in a suitable color for a wedding? Costumes look good in which the color of the top is slightly different from the bottom. If the event takes place in the summer, give preference to light colors. Beige, gray jackets look good, on which a barely noticeable strip with trousers is acceptable, a little darker in tone. A light shirt will be in harmony with such a jacket, but it is better to refuse a dark shirt.
If the wedding is creative, then dresses of bright colors, contrasting shirts are not forbidden. For example, the costume itself can be monophonic in pastel shades, but the shirt can be in a bright blue cage, for example. At youth celebrations kitsch is allowed in the form of a bright jacket, shirts, expensive jeans, a neckerchief. For a classic event, choose a calm color suit and a shirt that goes with eye color.
How to dress a witness for a wedding, in what style? The dress style of the witness should be in harmony with the suit of the groom. General view should create a solemn and festive atmosphere. Extravagant and motley clothes, if the wedding theme does not require it, should be avoided so as not to become like a parrot. Modesty and elegance have not let anyone down yet. If the celebration takes place in the cold season, choose a dark elegant suit.
Shoes should be combined with a suit in color: light shoes - for a light suit, black - for a dark one. Black shoes suit almost any clothing. Shoes should be selected from high-quality leather, as it will look elegant and beautiful. Remember that shoes should always be clean and tidy, so it’s not out of place to bring along a small brush.
What you can not wear wedding witnesses
To solve the question of how to dress a witness and a witness for a wedding ceremony, it is worth paying attention to what should not be worn:
- The suit of the witness should not repeat the color of the suit of the groom, otherwise they may be confused. It is not recommended to choose flashy costumes by color, if this does not provide for the orientation of the ceremony.
- It is unacceptable for a girlfriend to choose white outfits, since all attention should belong to the bride.
- It is worth forgetting about dresses of acid shades, as they will also distract attention from the heroes of the occasion, cause hostility and irritation.
- Excessive gloss of dresses is prohibited.
- Dresses too short for the witness - bad taste.