When organizing wedding banquets, you should consider the location of tables, take into account the tastes of all guests, competently organize the presentation of wedding dishes. The most convenient option is the tables set with the letter "T". With this arrangement, nothing prevents the guests from seeing the bride and groom. The newlyweds sit at the head of the table, parents sit next to them: near the groom - the parents of the bride, near the bride - the parents of the groom. By this, they seem to show a willingness to accept a newly made relative into their family. Guests sit down according to name cards which are laid out on tables. The traditions of hospitality prescribe to treat everyone who entered the house. Tables, dishes, wedding dishes are decorated with flowers. Today it can be done by ordering catering.
The order of serving wedding dishes
The most important rule of all wedding feasts is abundance. The choice of dishes depends on the tastes of the newlyweds and invited guests. Between meals, breaks are arranged for 20-30 minutes. At this time, guests can dance, smoke, go out into the air. The approximate order of serving wedding dishes is as follows:
- Cold appetizers of salted pickled fish, caviar.
- Seafood, crabs, squids, crayfish, mussels, lobsters, aspic, stuffed fish, fish salad.
- Cold meats, jellied meat, aspic, sliced sausages, meat salads, meat snacks.
- Snacks made from eggs, butter and cheese. If julienne, hot sandwiches are provided, then they are served after cold snacks. Meat or chicken broth can be served both before cold and before hot snacks.
- Hot wedding meals are served next. There are usually several. For an effective serving, hot dishes are not divided into portions, but served in their entirety. Baked sturgeon, milk pig, bird will look very impressive on a large beautiful dish, decorated with vegetables and fruits. Serving hot is one of the highlight of the wedding feast.
- Somewhere around midnight, when the bride removes the veil and becomes a wife, they serve sweets: cake, desserts, tea, coffee, fruits. Before this, a break is made, in which the waiters clean the tables, change devices, preparing a table for sweet wedding dishes. At the same time, drinks are left in place until the end of the feast. At the request of the newlyweds and guests, champagne is served, but often this drink opens a festive banquet, and then guests switch to stronger drinks.
- The calculation of alcohol for a wedding table is based on the following approximate norms for 10 people: strong drinks - vodka, cognac - 3-4 bottles, wine - 3-4 bottles, champagne - 2-3 bottles. The tastes and preferences of the guests should also be taken into account..
Traditions of old times
Once upon a time, the newlyweds were not supposed to eat at the wedding, and therefore, on the eve they were fed chicken. Chicken was also a traditional wedding dish and served to guests. Also traditional was the chicken pie. He was decorated with chicken head from the dough, and inside were baked eggs. Pork was considered an obligatory dish on the wedding table - a symbol of wealth and prosperity. At the end of the holiday, a cake or pie was served.
Different drinks were served, the only restriction was beer. It was served to guests only on the second day