- Guest Wedding Dresses - Selection Tips
- Wedding dress code for guests
- How to dress guests for a wedding?
- The choice of outfit depending on the time of year
- Photo selection of beautiful dresses for guests of 2015
Guest Wedding Dresses - Selection Tips
Each girl invited to the wedding of her best friend or close friend, before the celebration, is extremely puzzled by the choice of her outfit. Many women have difficulties not knowing which wedding dresses are suitable for guests - long, short, simple or artsy? It is extremely important to responsibly approach the choice of attire for a festive event, because it will often flash on professional wedding photos. About what rules you should adhere to, choosing your image for the wedding of your beloved friends, will be described in detail below.
Wedding dress code for guests
The dress code for the invited girls who are going to the wedding depends on many factors. These include the age of the fair sex, her position in society, the type of event, the place where the celebration will be held. The presence or absence of accompaniment plays an important role. If a woman does not come alone, but with a young man, it is ideal if their costumes are combined in color and style. The dress code is determined by the degree of officiality of the event:
- Unofficial. This type of wedding includes celebrations held outdoors in the forest, in the tent, in inexpensive places. As a rule, the registration and the beginning of the banquet is scheduled for the first half of the day. A guest can dress up festively, but not too pretentiously - do not pile up high hairstyles, and even more so - wear dresses with a lot of rhinestones, sequins, in the daylight this will attract too much attention. As a dress, a light sundress, a trouser suit or a suit with a skirt is suitable.
- Semi-official. The event takes place in the late afternoon, it is festive, bright, but not too lush. Guests can put on costumes, elegant simple dresses or choose an evening outfit for themselves, but again - neat and not defiant. In this case, as during the unofficial celebration, it is better to refrain from too bright makeup, an abundance of jewelry.
- Official. If you were invited to a particularly solemn expensive wedding, the invitation code must indicate the dress code: for men - tuxedos, ties or butterflies, for women - an evening dress. Guests can not deny themselves the pleasure of putting on their best jewelry, boasting a chic evening gown embroidered with beads, pearls and rhinestones.
If the newlyweds have decided in advance that the wedding will be thematic, this will be discussed in invitation cards. Do not be afraid of any unusual style - for example, a pirate wedding, a retro or oriental celebration. If you did not find a suitable dress in your wardrobe, you do not need to immediately run to the store, especially since it can take significant financial resources. Any image can «stretch out» accessories that are easy to pick up or make yourself.
Be especially careful when choosing a dress for those guests who have been invited to the wedding ceremony. Skirts above the knee, as well as open shoulders, would be inappropriate in the church. To comply with all the rules of the temple, you need to have a scarf covering your head, or a long shawl that will simultaneously hide your bare back and arms. The color scheme of the dress should also be appropriate - no bright, flashy shades (they are generally inappropriate at the wedding), aggressive makeup, shining jewelry, the image should be modest and elegant.
What can and cannot be worn?
If you are going to a wedding, remember that this event is designed to focus on the love of young people, the bonding of their souls and hearts, the beauty of the bride, the exquisite image of the groom. It is clear that each guest wants to look original, sexy and attractive, but if you think about it three times before putting on this or that dress - you don’t want to overshadow the hero of the occasion or seem vulgar? Here are a few rules to help get dressed right for the wedding:
- White color is a taboo. Most brides choose a dress in white or ivory, so in no case do not wear a snow-white outfit. The main character of the celebration should stand out, attract eyes, and the appearance of the guest at a wedding in a dress of the same shade will cause bewilderment.
- It is also preferable to refuse black if the wedding is celebrated in the morning - a guest in a black dress will look too gloomy, but a dark cocktail dress for the evening is a good option.
- Vivid colors are acceptable, and sometimes even desirable, when the wedding is designed in a certain color contrasting palette, but mostly guests should wear suits or dresses in pastel or dark muted tones.
- Try to harmoniously select the details of the outfit. If you are used to wearing jeans and T-shirts in everyday life, consult one of the girlfriends who knows a lot about creating an image, otherwise there is a risk of being a black sheep at a wedding, incorrectly making accents.
- Makeup should be light, simple, neat. Refuse from a large amount of foundation, three-color shadows, brightly summed eyebrows and variegated lips, if the dress code does not provide for this - it will look ridiculous, especially during a day wedding.
- Femininity is the main guide to the image of a wedding guest. A simple elegant dress is much better than risky short dresses - it can look vulgar.
- Gloves are a good detail of the image, but they must be worn correctly. Long accessories will look good only with sleeveless dresses, and during the banquet, be sure to remove them.
- If you are not sure about the degree of officiality, doubt about the chosen dress, do not hesitate to ask the bride what kind of wedding she is planning for sure. The girl will surely tell you how to dress, give some practical advice and will even be glad of such an interest.
- Separately, it is worth mentioning the attire of the witness, who will always be next to the bride - the dress should be harmoniously combined with the decoration of the hero of the occasion. A long, elegant outfit is a good fit..
How to dress guests for a wedding?
In addition to the general rules regarding the outfit corresponding to a good tone, take care of an equally important component of the dress - it should ideally suit the guest. The choice of a festive costume will be based on the color type (autumn, winter, summer, spring), and the outfit itself must hide the flaws of the figure and highlight its main advantages. Not all girls have model parameters, so it is extremely important to choose a dress that fits the figure in order to look great on wedding photos.
Tips for the Fat
Full beauties are often shy of their magnificent forms, but in vain, because even having a rounded figure it is not difficult to look interesting, original and elegant. A few tips on choosing a beautiful dress for full girls will help future guests figure out which outfit suits them, what is the best emphasis, and what to hide from the eyes of those present:
- The material from which the dress is sewn should be light, flowing, almost weightless and have a matte surface. Dense satin fabrics can greatly disfigure a magnificent figure.
- It is better to choose colors dark and deep - purple, blue, green. Looks good red, burgundy shades.
- For owners of lush hips and thin shoulders, it is better to choose dresses with wide sleeves, an A-shaped style - the flowing fabric will hide the lack of a figure.
- If the guest has slender legs, but a plump belly, short dresses with a high waist that open legs from the middle of the thigh will look great.
- For full-armed guests, it is better to abandon necklaces, lace or rhinestones in the neckline - this will attract extra attention to the massive shoulders. Three quarter sleeve or flared is ideal.
- Do not resort to an abundance of details - earrings, rings, pendants, brooches, lace, rhinestones. Modest simple jewelry perfect for a dress for a full girl.
Finding herself in an interesting position before her friend’s wedding, the guest probably thinks for a long time before choosing an outfit, but there is nothing to worry about - there are many options for beautiful dresses that will only emphasize the touching state of the guest. If the tummy has not yet had time to appear, outfits of various styles are suitable for the wedding - a comfortable A-line dress with flowing fabric, a straight cut style, dresses with a high waist. The festive decoration skirt can be either short or long - see photo for details:
Those girls who go to the wedding with an already round, big belly should choose an outfit that primarily guarantees comfort and does not constrain movements. A variety of variations of Greek dresses look great - a classic maternity outfit, however designers from year to year work on collections that include elegant European outfits for girls in position.
The choice of outfit depending on the time of year
In addition to the above factors, it is necessary to take into account the weather conditions accompanying the wedding. Those jewelry, dress decor elements that were inappropriate in the warm season, can look great in winter, and vice versa - fabrics that are perfect for summer celebrations look strange and inappropriate in the cold season. How to choose an outfit depending on the weather will be described below..
What dress to wear in winter?
In winter, guests preparing for the wedding have a hard time, because the variety of options is significantly reduced.
- Firstly, the style matters: the dress should not be short simply for reasons of maintaining health. Even if you arrive by car - leave this venture.
- Secondly, the material must be dense. Satin, brocade looks good, knitted cozy outfits look interesting. Multilayer looks look good, where a dress, vest, elegant scarf, right shoes harmoniously combine.
In the spring and autumn
The spring or autumn wedding period allows wearing short dresses, but you need to choose the right shoes for them - boots that do not fit the lower leg look best. Surely tights will be matched to the dress - you need to give preference to a flesh-colored accessory, although some wedding guests can experiment with color options (just not black!). Short sweaters with long skirts from the waist and elegant evening dresses of a straight silhouette made of thick fabric look beautiful.
In summer, the girls invited to the wedding rejoice, because there are countless options for how to dress for the celebration - with the exception of the warmest, winter outfits. It is permissible to wear dresses made of the lightest fabrics, sundresses, colored linen looks good, it looks appropriate as a long, so short version of the skirt, and it is also possible to wear a chic evening dress. Summer dresses are delicate, flowing, they are often decorated with laces of elegant lace, make beautiful translucent inserts.
Photo selection of beautiful dresses for guests of 2015
Some guests who go to celebrate the wedding of their best friend want to look not only beautiful, but also fashionable. Back in the fall of 2014, well-known designers set the tone for the next season - these are straight lines, prints with flowers, asymmetric cut, natural fabrics, calm shades. As for the length, models were presented for every taste - mini, midi, maxi. From magnificent luxury to holy geometrical simplicity - the names of girls in 2015 see such different names.