Legally, marriage is considered early if heimprisoned man and a woman who have not reached a certain age legislation. Public opinion is somewhat different - we call to start a family early, when it was 18-20 years younger. However, there is a psychological factor that determines early marriage, it does not bind to a specific age. For example, when creating a family man and woman are not ready for it, because they do not realize the full consequences of their actions.
The reasons for early marriages
Many are worried about an important question: what motivates young people who have decided to start to get married? If modern is not yet formed psychologically, young people eager to register a family, sometimes even before the onset of legal age, for parents it becomes a problem, and often unexpected. Then adults become interested in the cause of the children desire to be married at an early age. The motives which impel them to the decision to establish a family, to know his parents really need:
- The desire to legalize intimate relationship. Some families are strictly related to the issue of sexual education of children, exposing them to stifling control. Therefore, the grown son or daughter decide to satisfy the curiosity by "legalizing" their relationship.
- A strong love and a desire to connect themselves with thepartner in marriage. Aspects such as the lack of living space for cohabitation or financial dependence on parents, a couple does not care. To realize the responsibility that they bear in marriage, young people are not yet able.
- Pregnancy - the most common reason for early marriage. Young man forced to either pay for an abortion, or take responsibility for the future of the child and young mother.
- The desire to get away from excessive parental care. This cause of early marriage or child marriage occurs when adults are manipulated or are not interested in his opinion.
- It happens that the unrequited love becomes an argument to start a new relationship. To spite the ex-loved one, even some teenagers decided on early marriage.
Pros and cons of marriage at an early age
Not surprisingly, that the consequences of marriageat an early age are dire. However, there are happy instances where family life develops safely, and spouses for life happily live together, learning, building a career, raising children. Early marriage have their pluses and minuses. Let's start with the negative aspects that can accompany young people who decide to start a family sooner:
- Unawareness of all the difficulties that willteenagers face. This routine of life, the division of domestic responsibilities, the need for material security of the family, caring for future children, lack of time, the desire to have fun.
- Drastic changes in Man and girl with lifethe appearance of the child. Personal meetings with friends, their hobbies will have to forget, but such changes are ready, not all couples, early married. As a result, there is a misunderstanding, conflicts and grievances that can lead to the breakdown of relationships.
- Do not forget about the physiological aspectsyoung boys and girls. The level of female adolescent sexuality is very low, and their husbands at this time, on the contrary, falls peak sexual activity. Therefore, the marriage between peers aged 18-20 years is not desirable, because the girl is not able to fully satisfy the sexual needs new husband. On this basis conflicts will inevitably arise, growing dissatisfaction with each other.
Advantages of marriage at an early age can be such moments:
- Strong feelings stimulate the young to care about one another, forgiving mistakes or shortcomings of the partner.
- Wedding makes young girls who dreamed about this event, very happy: the white dress, the guests' attention, gifts and flowers. In later years the celebration does not cause such a delight.
- Strong nerves in young bride and groom enable them to cope better with stressful situations and difficult family life.
- Marriage at an early age helps girls and boys become more independent, psychologically mature faster, because there is a sense of responsibility not only for themselves but also for the family members.
- Freedom of decision-making attracts boys and girls who would rather want to get rid of excessive parental care.
- At a young age to change habits easily, soboy and girl together will form a joint tradition. The process of adaptation and lapping each other pass easier than when it is carried out between mature people.
- Employers prefer to hire people whoalready have a family, because they believe such candidates more accountable. However, this applies only to men, to married girls with respect to another. It is likely that she will become pregnant, and soon will go to paid maternity leave, the employer is therefore often refuse such the candidates.
Statistics of early marriages and divorces in Russia
According to statistics, the maximum number of girlsmarry in the period from 18 to 24 years, and the boys - from 25 to 34 years. If we talk about early marriage, in 2010 in Russia it was signed more than 1, 215 million. Among them: zhenilos underage boys - 1131 girls - 11698. Experts say that over the past five years, the number of marriages among teens dropped significantly.
It is estimated that from 2001 to 2005, the average wasregistered marriages between minors about 3100 (men) and 25 000 (women). And in the later period from 2006 to 2010 in 1744 and registered 16128 marriages, respectively. However, marriages between minors are still problematic social theme, not only in Russia but also worldwide. According to statistics, 6.7 marriages concluded teenagers account for 5 divorces.
Most early marriages in the world
There is no state, wherethe age of marriage of girls is later than that of boys. On the territory of different countries as much as possible early age for marriage registration is from 9 to 18 years. Sometimes the law provides for certain exceptions, and often with very strict settlement traditions and canons does bypass the established laws.
According to the laws of Argentina, Italy,Colombia and Peru, the minimum age for marriage for girls is 14 years, and in the USA - 13. However, each state of America determines the minimum age for marriage, and in the territory of different districts it may be different. In Canada, Ecuador, Spain, Paraguay, marriages are allowed with 12-years of age.
In some Muslim countries and populations,that are away from the civilized world, early marriages thrive. For example, in Afghanistan and Nepal, early age at onset of which boys and girls are allowed to marry, is 14-15 years. In some Indian villages give married girls who just turned 10 years old. But because it is illegal, the residents spend a ceremony late at night, hiding it from the village administration and the representatives of the law.
Video: According to psychologists about early marriages
One can not judge good or bad marriagesbetween minors. Some young couples lived together diverge after year, while others are happy to celebrate the golden wedding anniversary. Anyway, the final decision taken by the lover, but if there are good reasons for the fact, it is worth to wait with the wedding day. True love is not threatened by anything, and feeling faint are not worthy of marriage. What people think about starting a family early psychologists see in the video below.