Wanting to be combined bonds of marriage, the couple can notonly sign the registry office, but also combined thinner ties - ties of spiritual marriage. For centuries, only the mystery of the wedding in the Orthodox Church holds together couples marriage. To date, this has become a tradition carried out rarely, but it is not justified. Married contains profound meaning, it is a serious and particular life stage of each person, but because it requires the same specific binding. Touch the sacrament of wedding you need to feel the importance of the event. As it occurs, it will be described hereinafter.
What is the mystery of the wedding and how it goes?
The Sacrament of the wedding - it's a rite of two people togethernessvows and blessing of the marriage by divine grace. It is held in the Orthodox churches for people who want to be united not only the state, but also to God. This is the highest manifestation of the trust and love one another, because Wedding can only be done once (occasionally two or three, but due to special circumstances). Breaking these ties arbitrarily, change, being in the spiritual marriage - it is not a question of morality, but an act of sin. Therefore, the mystery of the wedding - it is always a crucial step.
Wedding ceremony is constructed so as to impressfuture spouses of the importance of marriage, to explain its meaning, to prepare young people for a good family relationships, to direct the spiritual development. Wedding allows you to clear the sinfulness of human unity, put it over the line in the form of pure wickedness, God blessed marriage. This is manifested in the symbolism of the rite of betrothal and wedding. Sacrament Wedding is now carried out immediately after the rite of betrothal, making the following:
- The groom and the bride with candles (light symbolordinances) in hand, go to the middle of the temple. Before them is a priest with a censer, from which extends the smoke of sacred incense (symbol of the commandments, for that will have to follow the young, their good deeds, that the message of God will be heard). The choir sings Psalm 127.
- Young are on the sacred veil (boards), spread in front of the lectern, which are already on the crowns, the cross and the Gospel, necessary for the wedding.
- The bride and groom have expressed their desire to marry( "Imam, reverend father" - "I have the (desire to marry), reverend father") to confirm the absence of other people with whom they have promised to marry ( "not promising / not promise reverend father"). It produced a natural marriage (in the flesh), and then starts the very mystery of the wedding - the sanctification of marriage by God's grace.
- The priest says a prayer and prayer petition for honeymooners.
- Then the priest takes the crown of the bridegroom, baptizing themyoung, gives a kiss an icon of the Savior, which is attached to the front of the hat. He says: "The crowning servant of God (name) servant of God (name) in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." The same does relatively bride.
- Crowns assigned to head narrowed through their spouses must ascend God's blessing.
- The priest says the petition God to marry young, blessing them three times. This is a holy time of the wedding.
- The participants have to repeat the prayer for the priest, the request for the wedding couple.
- Read passages from the Bible about marriage: Ephesians the apostle Paul, the Gospel of John.
- Pronounced petition on behalf of the Church of the newlyweds.
- Young and all those present recite the "Our Father", bow our heads, the priest glorifies God's Kingdom.
- Submitted wine "bowl of communication" from which young sips every three small sips, starting with the groom.
- The priest joins their right hands, coverstole the sacred (the upper part of the ceremonial dress of the priest) and lays on top of his hand. So he leads the young are three times around the lectern to the singing troparia.
- After walking the priest removes the crowns of young heads, gives final instructions.
- Young bow our heads, the priest reads the prayer for two more crowns Suite perception in the kingdom of God.
- Newlyweds kiss.
- They are supplied to the icons of the Savior and the Mother of God onthe royal doors, they should kiss. The priest takes the young to kiss the cross and the icon of the Savior, the Mother of God. This mystery of the wedding is complete.
Terms of the great sacraments in the Orthodox Church
The Sacrament of the wedding - a ritual that includesimplementation of strict rules. The ceremony consists of 4 stages: engagement, wedding, authorization crowns and prayer. If the earlier between the sacraments of betrothal and wedding was a time period, then today all phases often merge into one, continuing to each other. To make a wedding sacrament can be assigned boyfriend and my friend (the witnesses, or the recipients). Selects special date, because not all the days of wedding ritual can be performed. Young prepared for the sacrament, fasting, being in prayer.
The Sacrament of the wedding - it is a spiritual act, andtherefore it must be done with humility and dignity. The Church goes to meet the modern tradition, allowing photos and video during the sacrament, however, talk, laugh, walk through the temple, turn your back to the images or just to serve the time until the end of the event is strictly prohibited.
What must be purchased before the ceremony?
In order to carry out the mystery of the wedding inOrthodox Church, it is necessary to have some things that are sacred meaning and are directly involved in the process of the rite:
- Two icons - Mother of God and Savior. Earlier such icons handed down, if they do not, then you need to purchase.
- Rings (sanctified). Used to take the gold (for the groom) and silver (for the bride), in the process of exchanging rings during the betrothal of his wife is golden, her husband - a silver, which symbolically demonstrates the basis of relations in marriage. Current practice allows both the young have a gold ring, adorned with buying products with stones.
What you need to know the witnesses?
Witnesses who according to church traditioncalled recipients are guarantors assistants for a young family. They, like the cross, must take care of the spiritual formation of the young in their marriage. In the past, it was customary to choose the recipients of the people who were experienced in family matters, trustworthy, so they can be true advisers in the establishment of a new family. Now it can be people of any age, but with the right attitude.
Previously, they were charged for the marriage by signing inthe register, in our time, when the church marriage has only spiritual meaning, but are not legally binding, the presence of the recipients is not required. However, until now they are being given assistance to young during the sacrament of the wedding in the Orthodox Church - adherence crowns while passing around the lectern. Witnesses must remember that they have to take responsibility for the task at hand, be indifferent to the future family to be baptized and believers, gently, reverently to behave during the ceremony.
As engagement takes place?
Sacrament of a betrothal - a mandatory stepmarriage, which establishes the right of the groom and the bride on the contrary, it is the time of the couple before the Lord, the descent of her blessings, as well as time for the moral preparation for the wedding, to think about the nature of marriage. The Sacrament of the betrothal takes place in the church, the day before or the day of the wedding. The Sacrament of the wedding have a logical continuation of the engagement, and can be performed immediately after him, but sooner get engaged young, the longer the couple will be on understanding the importance of the wedding, to prepare for it. Stages:
- The Divine Liturgy is carried out. Narrowing imbued with an atmosphere of purity, faith, are configured on the importance of understanding the seriousness of the event.
- Young should be brought to the gates of the church, for thewhich, at the altar, the priest is that will hold the rite of betrothal. This is a demonstration that the groom takes a girl as his wife from the hands of the Lord, and from this point should be responsible for it.
- The priest introduces the young in the sacred space of the church. It symbolizes the transition of youth to a new state in the life of a pure marriage, unblemished by sin, legal marriage, blessed by the Lord.
- Further lit incense, burn incense and performed(Fumigation sacred smoke from censers) prayer. This following of symbolic holy Tobias, who, according to Christian history, exorcise demons of discord godly marriages, prayer and smoke kindled heart and liver of the fish. It is also a symbol of the presence of the Holy Spirit, His grace, which will come with the young in their marriage from this day forward.
- The priest blesses the groom and then the bridethree times. At every blessing young overshadow three times the cross, after which the priest gives them candles. Candles symbolize the purity of heart, love, thoughts, chaste young, grace and mystery of God, the birth of a new legal pair before the Lord.
- Further there is praise to God, readprayers, including prayers of all those present in the church of the spouses, for their salvation, protection, guidance on the right path, for a blessing on good deeds, for the birth of beautiful children.
- Young, as well as all those present in the church, at the insistence of the priest's bow our heads before the Lord, waiting for his blessing. The priest says a prayer over them.
- Then he takes the right part of the Holy Seerings, dress first groom saying "betrothed servant of God (name) servant of God (name) in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit", making the sign of his threefold sign of the cross, then the bride, with the words "betrothed servant of God ...", and making the sign of her cross. Rings are a symbol of eternal love and marriage ties.
- Young tripled exchange rings (orchanging the priest) as a symbol of lifelong love, sacrifice, help groom the bride, love and devotion to the bride herself, ready for life to take care of the groom.
- The priest prays to the Lord for the blessing, approval unity pair, expressed in the position of the rings, to send down an angel betrothed guardian for guidance and protection. This engagement is completed.
What should be a wedding feast?
After the wedding, the sacraments in the Orthodox Church,It decided to hold the wedding feast in honor of the accomplished young marriage, during which their relatives, friends and other invited guests may convey congratulations to the newlyweds, be happy for them to give gifts. Church feast in the Christian tradition, and the signs, should be modest and decent. Not allowed: excessively drink alcohol, utter vulgarity, use indecent words, sing immodest songs, dance dissolved.
What can prevent a Christian marriage?
Any Christian can combine the knot of a marriage by wedding the sacraments in the Orthodox Church, but there are some exceptions. It is not allowed to get married in the Orthodox Church:
- People who at the time of wedding married to another man, and not with those with whom you are going to get married.
- People who between them consist of consanguinity or affinity (godmother-godchild).
- People who marry more than three times.
- People who have been wedded and asked for termination of a marriage the bishop (allowed within 3 times, the last time can not lead to a new nuptials).
- People who are not baptized.
- People who are non-believers, or were forced to future spouse the sacrament of the wedding.
- On certain days of the year: while all the great posts, Easter and cheese a week, in the period from Christmas to Epiphany, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, on the eve of the Twelve, and the great religious holidays, the day before and the day of the Beheading of John the Baptist (29 August and 11 September), and and Exaltation of the Cross (14 September 27). Exceptions may be made only by the decision of the current bishop.
- Spiritual people.
- Minors and those whose age has gone beyond the threshold of marriage (60 years for women and 70 for men).
- Those whose marriage was not blessed with parents (if they are Orthodox).
- Newlyweds with different faith.
- For those who was responsible for termination of the previous marriage (eg, apostate).
Video on the preparations for the wedding
Preparation for the Sacrament of the wedding - a combination ofyoung church marriage. The preparation must be taken seriously, thoughtfully, understanding the deep meaning of the sacrament. The purpose of the sacrament of the wedding in the Orthodox Church - is a spiritual cleansing young, understanding the sacred marriage problems. This is sure to communion, confession, fasting, prayer, which will help to make the transition to another young life stage, to give people the sacred unity, not sinful character. Read more to learn how to properly prepare for the sacrament of the wedding, you can seeing the video: